PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Meet

Scott Harness
04/10/2010, 09:14 AM
Dallas meet at Dickeys Forest and Josey 1:00 pm

Dumke
04/16/2010, 04:30 PM
I just realized pdmarty... LOL Scott is he the one that pulled you and I both over?? Well flagged me down... HAHA how funny :) . Well hopefully he is bringing his son it will be nice to meet him :) . See you all on sunday

Scott Harness
04/16/2010, 06:21 PM
I just realized pdmarty... LOL Scott is he the one that pulled you and I both over?? Well flagged me down... HAHA how funny :) . Well hopefully he is bringing his son it will be nice to meet him :) . See you all on sunday
I think that's him.Yea he didn't use his lights or anything!

Doomer
04/18/2010, 08:24 PM
Darn...sorry I missed out. We got enlisted for emergency grandparent duty at the last minute.

gonzo7231
04/20/2010, 11:55 AM
I wish I had seen this last week. I would love to get to know some local VX owners.

Doomer
04/22/2010, 01:43 PM
Hey...maybe this is something we can do on occasion, a floating VX meet so to speak. Move it to a different location every time and freak out a different part of the "Motorplex" each time. Waddya think...there's gotta be enough of us in DFW area.

Dumke
04/22/2010, 02:03 PM
Thats fine by me. I will see what can be planned when we get back from Moab.

There are quite a few of us here buuut I dont think everyone is on the boards. Meaning quite a few vx's but I havent been able to flag them down to tell them. Just posted as a sitting and that is it.

gonzo7231
04/23/2010, 03:25 PM
I am up for lunch at Dukes or something sometime. That would be cool. Is it me or is there a unusual amount of VXs here in TX? I have looked to buy and talked to about 10 people in the last month and a half.

Scott Harness
04/23/2010, 05:41 PM
I have brunch at the Blue Goose on Lower Greenville "practically" every Sunday at 11:00.Feel free to stop by!!

TJ99VX
04/23/2010, 09:27 PM
I seem to keep missing any local events around dfw. I need to get online more often. Sundays are not good days for me. I try to keep that day for the family but would love to meet some of the local VX owners and see there VX's. I am hoping to go to the Moab but not sure if will be able to go. Is there any plans for the DFW VX owners to caravan or is everyone just meeting there?

tomdietrying
04/23/2010, 10:47 PM
Scott and I are leaving on Saturday, May 8th at 6:00 a.m. You are more than welcome to caravan with us.
Peace.
Tom

TJ99VX
04/23/2010, 11:07 PM
How long of a drive is it from here? Also, I was a little concern about my tires. I still have the factory size tires and rims. Do you think I will have any problems on the trails?

LittleBeast
04/23/2010, 11:12 PM
How long of a drive is it from here? Also, I was a little concern about my tires. I still have the factory size tires and rims. Do you think I will have any problems on the trails?

No plenty of people have run completely stock before and been fine, when the hard stuff comes up normally there is an easier way around anyways ;)

TJ99VX
04/23/2010, 11:18 PM
That is good. I do not have much off road experience but hoping to change that. From the pictures and videos it looks like a blast.

tomdietrying
04/23/2010, 11:18 PM
Not a problem being stock and going to Moab. I was stock the first year I went to Moab. If I'm not mistaken, Scott was too.
Peace.
Tom

VX crazy
04/24/2010, 07:43 AM
I seem to keep missing any local events around dfw. I need to get online more often. Sundays are not good days for me. I try to keep that day for the family but would love to meet some of the local VX owners and see there VX's. I am hoping to go to the Moab but not sure if will be able to go. Is there any plans for the DFW VX owners to caravan or is everyone just meeting there?

Hey, I am coming up to KELLER saturday and staying the night with my gf, leaving sunday to meet Jay and his brother in Amarillo if you want to caravan with me.

gonzo7231
04/26/2010, 10:30 PM
Hey Scott! It was great "bumping" into you Sunday. Maybe when everybody gets back from MOAB we can all get together.

Here is a pic of the skids I was telling you about.
I want them.
http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/shopping2/DSCF0082.jpg

Have a good trip.
Gonzo

Scott Harness
04/27/2010, 05:50 AM
Hey Scott! It was great "bumping" into you Sunday. Maybe when everybody gets back from MOAB we can all get together.

Here is a pic of the skids I was telling you about.
I want them.
http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/shopping2/DSCF0082.jpg

Have a good trip.
Gonzo

Nice meeting you also.I'm there nearly every Sunday.(not the next three)Moab!!

RickOKC
04/27/2010, 07:37 AM
Does anybody from the Dallas group go to Cars & Coffee? I went for the first time last month and may go again this weekend if the weather behaves.

gonzo7231
04/27/2010, 07:52 AM
Never been there, yet. I may check it out soon.

TJ99VX
04/27/2010, 07:41 PM
You will have to count me out this time for Moab. My wife just found out that she has to go to Chicago that week for her job and we have 3 kids I will be taking care of. I will keep my eye out for the next time you guys meet in Dallas.

roguebrun
05/02/2010, 10:01 AM
lets all meet at kellers on nw hwy when everyoen gets back from moab

any suggestions on a date:):)

tomdietrying
05/02/2010, 03:04 PM
I'm in. Which one?
Peace.
Tom

Scott Harness
05/02/2010, 03:12 PM
I'm in. Which one?
Peace.
Tom

Me too! NW Highway and Abrahms I believe

roguebrun
05/02/2010, 03:37 PM
here is the link its the one on NW hwy

http://www.dallasrestaurantreviews.net/Kellers.html

what day is good for everyone

pdmarty
05/02/2010, 08:08 PM
Count us in. With enough advance notice, hopefully I should be able to get the afternoon off.

gonzo7231
05/03/2010, 12:41 PM
I'll be there!
Gonzo

SuperBoomTurbo
05/04/2010, 04:19 PM
I've been wanting to direly meet my fellow vx obsessees, and who doesn't like a sloppy #2 the day after from a drive-in?!?

Pick a day y'all and hopefully the wife doesn't schedule me for something goofish last minute.

tomdietrying
05/04/2010, 06:18 PM
I've been wanting to direly meet my fellow vx obsessees, and who doesn't like a sloppy #2 the day after from a drive-in?!?

Pick a day y'all and hopefully the wife doesn't schedule me for something goofish last minute.

How about Sunday, May 23rd @ 1:00 p.m. Oh yeah, it's @ Keller's Hamburger joint on North West HWY.
Peace.
Tom

RickOKC
05/04/2010, 07:30 PM
Hey Tom,

I know a great formula to get "car people" to meet. You are doing it right.

1) Take the lead and announce where and when a meeting is going to take place as if it was fact.

2) Just expect to hang out with a friend or your honey-bun and hope some someone else shows up. If nobody else attends, be prepared to enjoy a nice night out and your burger & fries alone.

3) If nobody shows up, don't give up and try again next month.

4) Don't "poll" everyone for the "right" time and place to be decided "by committee" or it will NEVER happen because everybody has different schedules.

5) Don't always make it "Tuesday at 8pm." Have it take place on different days and times of day so others can attend. You will eventually meet everybody.

Those 5 rules will insure success. I drive a Mustang but posted the same thing in a Camaro forum and now they now have a thriving group in OK City.

Oh yeah, on a personal note... please consider making one of those meetings the first Saturday of the month at Cars & Coffee in Plano. It goes from 8am until noon. You guys have something special that fits the nature of the event - I'd love to visit in my plain-jane Mustang and meet everyone. :)

pbkid
05/04/2010, 07:57 PM
I'd love to visit in my plain-jane Mustang and meet everyone. :)

keep lookin.. you'll find a nice VX..

TJ99VX
05/08/2010, 10:10 PM
So is set for Sunday, May 23rd @ 1:00 p.m. at Kellers Hamburger? If so I will be there.

tomdietrying
05/18/2010, 08:59 AM
TJ,
I just sent you a PM. Hope to see you there.
Peace.
Tom