PDA

View Full Version : Leather care

WormGod
08/19/2003, 07:48 AM
Cleaned up the grime and such from my seats and steering wheels yesterday. Used Meguire's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. Squirt some on a rag and wipe on. It appears to lift the grime VERY well without having to rub in much at all. Needless to say, the leather looks BRAND NEW now! 2 thumbs up!

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/19/2003, 03:49 PM
I was actually going to do a "Search" on this very topic...
as I get scared everytime I read the back label on products
for cleaning leather...always warnings about testing on a inconspicuous area..etc...:freek:

Always nice to have someone voice an "okie dokie" about a particular product so the rest of us can brave onwards!

Thanks for the recommendation! :thumbup:

Joe_Black
08/19/2003, 03:57 PM
I've always used the Lexol cleaning and conditioning product with a great deal of success and also plain ole saddle soap.

johnnyapollo
08/19/2003, 05:29 PM
I use a leather prep made by Zaino. Works great, easy to apply and long lasting.

-- John

Joe_Black
08/19/2003, 05:41 PM
John, I'm beginning to think you're a Zaino rep! ;pg;

Hope you can make it down on the 13th, otherwise we may have to drop in on you the following weekend!

Simon Templar
08/19/2003, 09:46 PM
Having restored several Brits, not to mention a Volvo P1800, I can say that I will not use anything but Zymol or Tanner's Preserve. I have used both in all sorts of situations and they have always done a wonderful job.

My VX has seen nothing else.

....sT

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/13/2003, 04:43 PM
I wound up trying Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather FOAM cleaner/conditioner in a 10 oz. can. Comes out like shaving creme. What attracted me to it was that it had no warnings about using in an inconspicuous spot first and states that it won't change the look. I give it two thumbs up 'cause my seats look like new again! I've actually had it on for the last couple weeks before I posted this and it seems to last. Seems to work nice on the steering wheel too.

* Also just tried Mother's back 2 black on the exterior cladding...It
does look nice even after getting rained on or dew drops compared to STP Son of a Gun which streaks badly when exposed to rain or dew drops. I still like STP better for short
term as it gives it a nice dark shine. I will continue to use both
products...Use STP for short duration "shows" or "meets" and
B2B for the long haul! Thanks again to those who discovered B2B!

Moncha
10/13/2003, 06:17 PM
I swear by the Zaino Bros Liquid leather. Both the cleaner and protectant.. It take just a little bit to do the job and the aftereffects are awesome... Brand New leather Smell!!

Virus-VX
10/13/2003, 08:14 PM
I use Lexol (both leather cleaner and conditioner) and this product perfectly works for me.
http://www.lexol.com/newauto.html
http://www.lexol.com/slick.html

johnnyapollo
10/13/2003, 08:16 PM
I'll have to second Scott on the Zaino products (yes Joe, I do sound like I work for them!). I've used Lexol and I feel the Zaino is superior.

-- John