PDA

View Full Version : Fargo Flood

rowhard
03/20/2010, 07:25 AM
Guess those photo's you posted said it all. How did your mom's place do this year? I know when we talked, you said something about removing they want her deck. Wish I was there to help ya brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mile High VX
03/20/2010, 07:30 AM
X 2 Ldub.

Were here for you if need anything.

Ldub
03/20/2010, 10:33 AM
:thanx:

Just got back from the Dub Mom's casa & I'm feeling cautiously optimistic...:yesgray:

Had the all too rare opportunity to witness the finest that humanity has to offer Wed morning. Mom called early, saying that there was a Firemam at the door, wanting to remove the stairs from her deck...with an axe & wrecking bar.
Got him to delay destruction until I could get there (quick) & dismantle it myself.
Just about the time I had the handrails down, & was ready to cut the last few screws with the sawzall, the F-D came back.
He, my Bro, & I got the stairs outta the way, he made a phone call & started rolling out poly film for the dike.
His phone call must'v gone to the right number, because within 15 min, a construction roll-off filled with pre-made sandbags arrived & was dumped in the driveway, followed in short order by a band of roving students from the nearby college...:angel:
A couple hours later, (if that) we were 1-1/2' above the predicted crest with our sandbag dike.

I did my best to Thank every one of them, they deserve SO much more...:yes:

Since then,the weather has decided to cooperate & turn a bit colder, the melt has slowed & they're predicting a slightly lower crest tomorrow AM.
If things go as predicted, the crest won't get much past the very bottom of the dike...(insert smilie crossing fingers here)

Who knows, supposed to rain on TU, so...:_confused

All prayers, good thoughts, & well wishes much appreciated...:thumbup:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC04186.JPG

BigSwede
03/20/2010, 10:40 AM
Time to put that whole town on stilts...just think of the view from ten feet higher, you can see for miles! (no joke)

Triathlete
03/20/2010, 06:45 PM
You should have rewarded their kindness with your famous MONKEY's...err, wait never mind, they probably wouldn't get anything else done the rest of the day. Will keep the fingers crossed!:yesy:

don moore
03/21/2010, 12:23 AM
............ we are all prayin for the best for you...........

lasturbo
03/21/2010, 12:25 AM
............ we are all prayin for the best for you...........

Ditto Larry !!!! :yeso:

tomdietrying
03/21/2010, 09:43 AM
Thinking of you.
Peace.
Tom

pbkid
03/21/2010, 09:21 PM
those sure dont look like 35's to me dub?!?!?! :naughty:

Ldub
03/22/2010, 12:45 AM
those sure dont look like 35's to me dub?!?!?! :naughty:

Ummmmmm....Yah...:rolleyesg

Been a little busy with "other things"...:laughing:

tom4bren
03/22/2010, 05:49 AM
But not too busy for a photo-op. All diked up & nowhere to go.

Looks like all the good vibes we've been sending you way paid off. Give Mom a hug from the VX fam & tell her we were praying for her.

nocturnalVX
03/22/2010, 04:58 PM
Yeesh! Round 2? Good luck dodging Mother Nature's wrath this year buddy!