PDA

View Full Version : Making the world a better place

Heraclid
08/18/2003, 03:59 PM
Well, I was in a public restroom and some rocket scientist wrote "FART" on the wall. I looked at it and shook my head at first, but then I grinned, and added my own letters to the inscription. I normally don't deface property like that, but I think you'll all agree this was a much needed improvement. I walked out, leaving behind a wall reading "ISUZU - GO FARTHER." :-)

AlaskaVX
08/18/2003, 04:03 PM
At least someone is doing some advertising for Isuzu ;)

Joe_Black
08/18/2003, 04:09 PM
Well of course it was a rocket scientist! They were performing the Fuel Atomization Reaction Test while in the stall.;Db;

Heraclid
08/18/2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. :-)

Hey Joe, two things... first, let me know how you want to work the cards thing we talked about and I could pay ya something for them. Second, you have made references to Japanese words and their meanings a few times and I was curious if you knew a way to translate a particular phrase into Japanese. So far all I've found online are dictionaries that translate a word at a time, and just stringing the words together that way is probably not going to end up being correct.

Joe_Black
08/18/2003, 04:55 PM
You're talking about the card I offered in trade for the ad, right? If so, that would be a TRADE. LOL! I can either mail it to you or hand deliver it at the Sept. 13th meet. Your choice, if I'm talking about the right thing! If you feel you HAVE to do something then you can buy me a frosty one (or two) next time.

On the Japanese thing: A couple years studying the language and culture in college didn't leave me with perfect vocabulary. Let me know what you're looking to do and I'll give it my best I'll-look-in-the-textbook shot! Oh, better yet, maybe PM Dutchie and ask real nice as he's in Nagoya IIRC. If he can't do it I'm sure he knows someone who could!

BTW, that was very clever with the graffiti and, as AlaskaVX mentioned, at least someone's hawking Isuzu's own vehicles!

johnnyapollo
08/18/2003, 05:12 PM
I'm afraid you'll need to go back and erase what you wrote on the wall. You'll be exceeding Isuzu's marketing budget for this year if you don't!

Har! John

PS.. I'll bring some extra toys and goodies to the September meet in Daytona if you guys are lookin...

Heraclid
08/18/2003, 05:22 PM
Hey, you paid for my parking and in effect breakfast too so I have to do something. That kinda thing will drive me crazy. Not that I don't appreciate it, because I do, but I want to make things even somehow or I'll feel like a real deadbeat.

I was thinking of converting Caesar's famous "Veni, Vidi, Vici" into Japanese for some sort of a VX application. I'll do some checking - thanks for the tip!

BTW, mail is best because I'm anxious to see what this thing is. :-) Still got the addy?

Hey johnnyapollo, what kinda goodies? Huh, huh, huh? :-)

Hey, I was just looking at some of skullcap's gallery pics... very cool! Are those from the north GA meet? Very Sleepy Hollow-ish... I like, I like. :-)

andy454
08/18/2003, 08:23 PM
If you need something translated into japanese just let me know. I am the only American in my group so getting it done is no problem.

kpaske
08/18/2003, 09:23 PM
You know what I'd like to see? The Japanese writing of "ISUZU" and "4WD" and "TOD Torgue on Demand". I searched long and hard for the actual Japanese badging for the VX only to find out that even in Japan, the badging was in English! ;eekb; I was so disappointed. Anyhow, I'd love to rebadge the "ISUZU" grill logo and maybe even some of the other badges with the appropriate hiragana or kanji. Can someone help me out here? ;Db;

dutchie
08/18/2003, 10:41 PM
I hope you got your ime installed...
Isuzu: いすゞ
torque on demand:トルク オン ディマンド
Oh yeah I found this page, with all Isuzu`s conceptcars:

www.isuzu.co.jp/museum/conhis/index.html (http://www.isuzu.co.jp/museum/conhis/index.html)

what about this for your front: 宇宙人(uchyuujin)alien
or your name:

ケーパスケ=kpaske
へラクリード=heraclid
ジョーにー アッポロー=johnny appolo

paultvx
08/18/2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by kpaske
You know what I'd like to see? The Japanese writing of "ISUZU" and "4WD" and "TOD Torgue on Demand". I searched long and hard for the actual Japanese badging for the VX only to find out that even in Japan, the badging was in English! ;eekb; I was so disappointed. Anyhow, I'd love to rebadge the "ISUZU" grill logo and maybe even some of the other badges with the appropriate hiragana or kanji. Can someone help me out here? ;Db;

Somehow I thought of Honda when I read this.

Heraclid
08/19/2003, 04:01 PM
andy454,

Thanks for the offer, and I already posted what I was looking for. Japanese characters would be nice, but the phrase in the English alphabet, a la "katana", etc., would be fine as well. No pranks, alright? I don't want to go around with the Japanese word for dung prominently displayed. :-)

andy454
08/19/2003, 04:22 PM
Will do tomorrow. Don't worry, I wouldn't do that to a vxer.

Joe_Black
08/19/2003, 04:54 PM
I've always been a big fan of the original stylized "I" in red as used on most Isuzus. The newer version with the ring doesn't do much for me though. I tried some time ago to get some done in urocal to replace the rear badging but the cost was prohibitive.

kpaske
08/19/2003, 06:24 PM
dutchie - thanks for all the info... what about "VEHICROSS"?

paulvx - i must admit that the Japanese logos are a bit overdone on a lot of Hondas, but it is a Japanese car, after all, and I imagine it could be done tastefully to give the VX and even more unique look...

dutchie
08/19/2003, 07:19 PM
ビークロス;)