PDA

View Full Version : Kinda bummed this morning

tom4bren
03/19/2010, 05:43 AM
When I was getting ready for work this morning, one of my peach faced lovebirds started flapping around. I picked him up & he died in my hands. Will was with us for almost 11 years. I guess the poor guy's heart just gave out. Grace looks totally lost without him.:angel:

Tom

Ldub
03/19/2010, 05:50 AM
When I was getting ready for work this morning, one of my peach faced lovebirds started flapping around. I picked him up & he died in my hands. Will was with us for almost 11 years. I guess the poor guy's heart just gave out. Grace looks totally lost without him.:angel:

Tom

Sorry to hear of Gracies (& your) loss...:(

Chin up Bro, get yer feathers up outta the dust.

Will is in a better place, though being your bird was no doubt, a pretty good place to be...I mean...by bird standards...:yesgray:

I'll shut up now...:rolleyesg

BTW, you weren't nekkid were ya?...;eeko;

vt_maverick
03/19/2010, 05:55 AM
Sorry to hear that, it's always especially hard when you have two pets and one dies. We had two dogs growing up, and when the older one died, the younger one laid on top of his grave for maybe a week or two and moped around the house as well.

But at least you can be grateful that you had him for a long time. How're Bren and the kids handling it?

tom4bren
03/19/2010, 06:00 AM
BTW, you weren't nekkid were ya?...;eeko;

Nah. The birdcage is in front of the sliding glass doors in da kitchen. Neighbors put a stop to me hangin out in da kitchen nekkid long ago. I saves the struttin for the MBR nowadays.

tom4bren
03/19/2010, 06:01 AM
How're Bren and the kids handling it?

Bren - not so good

Boy - he's 16 - I don't think he even noticed that we have birds.

Haven't told the girls yet (all growed up & left the nest).

Ldub
03/19/2010, 06:03 AM
Nah. The birdcage is in front of the sliding glass doors in da kitchen. Neighbors put a stop to me hangin out in da kitchen nekkid long ago. I saves the struttin for the MBR nowadays.

Guess we can rule out shock as the cause of death.

tom4bren
03/19/2010, 06:08 AM
Guess we can rule out shock as the cause of death.

Prolly

Will & Grace were named appropriately. Will was always humping his favorite toy that had a bell on it. You could hear that bell start ringing anywhere in the house. Ahh the memories - usta laugh my arse off at him. Kinda embarrasing when guests were over tho!!!

VX crazy
03/19/2010, 06:08 AM
Tom I am so sorry! Dang I hate when something happens to animals!

On a side note, I was coming out of a store the other day and this woman and her kid (maybe 6-12yrs I cant tell) were blocking the drive and the boy was chasing something is circles, it was a baby field mouse....well he accidently stepped on it and it stopped moving, so instinctly I rolled the window down and asked if she wanted me to run it over knowing this would put it out of its misery....she looked at me but never responded.....same type of woman that lets her kid play with a baby disease carrying mouse.....so I just rolled up the window and drove around them.....

tom4bren
03/19/2010, 06:31 AM
I was coming out of a store the other day and this woman and her kid (maybe 6-12yrs I cant tell) were blocking the drive and the boy was chasing something is circles, it was a baby field mouse....so I just rolled up the window and drove around them.....

You were coming out of the store IN your VX??? I gotta move to TX.:)

Almost related story: I was in the Springfield mall years ago & decided to stop in the pet store. Just as I was walking in, this parakeet flew straight at my face. I instinctively grabbed it. It ended up that a lady was buying it for her daughter and as the clerk was putting it in a box for them, it bit him & got away. I put the bird in the box as it was biting the crap out of my hand. The clerk handed the girl the box & she immediately looked inside then whispered something to her mother. The mother told the clerk that she didn't want that bird ... there was blood on it. The clerk & I looked at each other with this sort of expression - :_wtf:

Moncha
03/19/2010, 07:32 AM
I'm very sad for you and the fam. Animals become a huge part of our families and take a place in our hearts the same people. When they go, a piece of us goes as well. Thoughts and prayers, brother.

ZEUS
03/19/2010, 11:51 AM
I always knew you were a bird brain. Sorry for your friend's passing, T4B.

nfpgasmask
03/19/2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I had two cats that grew up together. Over a year ago, one died and the other one just hasn't been right since.

Some people say animals don't have the same feeling we human's do. I can't speak for earthworms, but I would say most of the mammals out there share some if not all of the basic emotions of the human race. And birds are definitely more intelligent than people would like to think.

Sorry about your bird, TFB.

Bart

don moore
03/19/2010, 07:21 PM
i think birds go to heaven?.....sorry for your loss.....

VX KAT
03/19/2010, 08:45 PM
So sorry to hear that Tom :(

Mile High VX
03/19/2010, 08:52 PM
Sorry about your hardship Tom.

Pets are such an important part of most families.

Peace man.

tom4bren
03/20/2010, 04:56 AM
Thanks for your kind words everybody. It helps.

I took Grace to the shop down the street yesterday to get her wings clipped. Now she can ride around on my shoulder ... even outside. They took too much off though - she can't fly at all. It's more of a controlled crash now.

I'm getting some really strange looks from the neighbors ... even more than usual now.

Tom

Ldub
03/20/2010, 05:12 AM

I took Grace to the shop down the street yesterday to get her wings clipped. Now she can ride around on my shoulder ... even outside.

I'm getting some really strange looks from the neighbors ... even more than usual now.

Tom

You gitcha a poop colored shirt now, then ya gots it made...:yesgray:

PK
03/20/2010, 04:47 PM

I took Grace to the shop down the street yesterday to get her wings clipped. Now she can ride around on my shoulder ... even outside. They took too much off though - she can't fly at all. It's more of a controlled crash now.

Tom

Sounds like all you need now, is the eye patch and peg leg.:yeso::yesgray:

Hang in there Tom.
Been in that place last August, and life goes on.
Just now starting to think about getting a new dog to replace old Bill.
Missing him more than (I think I would miss) the missus.

PK

tomdietrying
03/21/2010, 09:47 AM
Tom,
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Peace.
Tom

VXR
03/21/2010, 01:39 PM

Careful outside with the controlled crash. I had a friend who lost his that way. Loud noise - controlled crash - cat. All happened in seconds...

pbkid
03/21/2010, 09:34 PM
thats too bad tom... birds are great companions and people get easily attached to them...
i have a sun conure at my parents house named tequila sunrise (or tiki) :thumbup:

tom4bren
03/22/2010, 05:55 AM
Careful outside with the controlled crash. I had a friend who lost his that way. Loud noise - controlled crash - cat. All happened in seconds...

It's the Yorkie I have to watch out for. Micro is waaay too interested for my comfort level.

Thanks all for your concern.

Dub - all set up wit da poop colored shirt ... problem is that she rides in my hair about as much as on my shoulder.

Zeus - I gotsa lightning bolt for ya son ... pointy side in!!!

Ldub
03/22/2010, 06:48 AM
Dub - all set up wit da poop colored shirt ... problem is that she rides in my hair about as much as on my shoulder.

Aight...gots three words for ya then...

PoOp CoLoRed Wig...:uhohgray:

http://estergoldberg.typepad.com/.a/6a0105349ca980970c010536cc3891970c-800wi

tom4bren
03/23/2010, 05:56 AM
I have no response to that!