PDA

View Full Version : Had To Sell The VX...

JoFotoz
03/18/2010, 11:05 AM
...NO..NOT THE ORW!!!

Had to sell the Astral I purchased a year ago as a "project"

Money is tight , not least due to being ripped off to the tune of almost $6500
by a fellow VX Forum member that I was helping out , and rented a house to.

I'll not mention names (legal reasons..!!) ...but I am blown away at being left in this position after bending over backwards to help him.....:confused:

Seems my only recourse is going to be full on Legal/court measures...:_brickwal

Suffice to say..sad to see the "VXen" go , but its going to a good home , in Michigan , and will be driven there from San Diego next month.

I will have some bits and pieces for sale soon..
springs , coil spacers , window wind deflectors etc.

I'll put up a list ,and maybe any Moab people wanting the bits can get personal delivery!!

jo

ZEUS
03/18/2010, 11:16 AM
Well that's a shame in so many ways. Sorry Jo to hear of your, um, "mis"fortune... Hope it all works out for you!

vt_maverick
03/18/2010, 11:19 AM
Dude that sucks, I feel for you, my wife found herself in this exact same position a couple years back when we were dating. Basically she moved in with a friend because she needed help making rent after her separation from her husband. After multiple issues, she moved out, and her roommate promised to have her removed from the lease. Well you can guess what happened from there... The roommate never had her removed, stopped paying rent altogether, and my wife got stuck with a collection notice and a notification of pending court action. Fortunately it all got worked out without having to go to court, but yeah, sometimes you can definitely get burned by people you think are your friends.

I know you don't want to reveal names, and I think that's admirable. But I think you should consider saying something if that person ever tries to sell something of significant value on the board (a VX, engine, other major mod) where another member might get ripped off.

But in the end you still have the ORW, so at least you're not all the way screwed. Good luck with the legal battle, we'll be pulling for you! :thumbup:

tom4bren
03/18/2010, 11:31 AM
We're behind you Jo. Best of luck. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Tom

Dumke
03/18/2010, 11:50 AM
MAN Jo what a bummer dude :( . Hope everything goes well in the legal battle. :smack:

On teh posative side tho maybe you will run across anothers teal of a deal on another vx.

Anita
03/18/2010, 12:28 PM
Jo,

So sorry to hear this! If there is anything I can do to help...:madb:

circmand
03/18/2010, 02:50 PM
People Suck!!!

With an outlook like that you cant go wrong. They screw you hey you expected it, they dont screw you you are plesantly surprised.

Scott Harness
03/18/2010, 04:44 PM
Sorry Jo!! Let us know if we can help.
Yea, MOST people suck,not all but most:mad:

VX crazy
03/18/2010, 05:49 PM
Jo that sucks ***! People DO suck, that is why I love animals! I hope everything works out and if it doesnt I am sure we can all get together and get some sweet payback......I love me some action!

Mile High VX
03/18/2010, 07:31 PM
It's been said that you should treat others the way you want to be treated...so I guess the way we treat people is the way we want them to treat us, so...looks like some people just want to be taken to court and made an example of...go figure.

Sorry Jo. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

snowtrooper1966
03/19/2010, 06:35 AM
Just remember, there are two sides to every story.
And, IMHO, to come on a public forum and air dirty laundry is very unseemly...
Best,

ORW VXr
03/19/2010, 07:13 AM
Jo, so sorry to hear about what happened. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Moncha
03/19/2010, 12:53 PM
I'm sorry for both sides.. I hate when things like this happen. Please, you (Non Specific Term) know the limits that I ask everyone to stay within. Anything else, goes offline.. Thank you.

JoFotoz
03/19/2010, 03:01 PM
No problem Boss!

Thanks to all for the offers of support and help...

..hopefully it will be resolved swiftly , I'm intigued to hear the other side!

But Not HERE!!

jo

cyronman
03/19/2010, 04:19 PM
Damn Jo, that was QWICK!

dietz99vcross
03/19/2010, 05:48 PM
On a lighter note. I am glad to see another VX coming to Michigan, just not for reasons like this.

mike

pbkid
03/21/2010, 09:12 PM
jo- thats really too bad.

its always hard to merge personal life with financial life. cant wait to see you in moab! hope all gets better.

Ldub
03/22/2010, 03:42 AM
Money is tight , not least due to being ripped off to the tune of almost $6500
by a fellow VX Forum member that I was helping out , and rented a house to.

I'll not mention names (legal reasons..!!) ...but I am blown away at being left in this position after bending over backwards to help him.....:confused:

Seems my only recourse is going to be full on Legal/court measures...:_brickwal
Suffice to say..sad to see the "VXen" go , but its going to a good home , in Michigan , and will be driven there from San Diego next month.

jo

Bro Dude...THAT SUCKS ROCKS!...:upsetgray

As I always say...:rolleyesg

"No good deed ever goes unpunished"

That's one of the few things I enjoy being proven wrong on...& it seldom happens...:confusedw

nocturnalVX
03/22/2010, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles Jo. Like the Dubster, I too feel that (more often than not) "No good deed ever goes unpunished". Hope it all gets taken care of... I also hope to see you when Cece & I are out West at the end of May!

tomdietrying
03/22/2010, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear it Jo. Best of Luck!
Peace.
Tom