PDA

View Full Version : Alarm/Keyless entry

billh23
08/18/2003, 02:22 PM
I have a bunch of questions, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. First question: How can you use the keychain remote as a keyless entry without chirping the alarm? Sometimes I don't want to arm the thing, I just want to lock or unlock the door. My next question is, even when the alarm chirps and the door unlocks, how do I unlock the passenger door? Hitting it twice even fast usually re-locks or arms the alarm again. It acts like no keyless remote I've ever owned. My next and last question is basics about the alarm. How do I turn it off and still use my keychain remote? I've been fighting this thing for a while. If I turn off the truck, take the keys and get out and leave the door unlocked SOMETIMES when I get back the door is locked and armed, sometimes its unclocked and armed and sometimes its unlocked and unarmed. The best example I have is, it was raining out one night and I stopped in the parking lot to quickly tell a friend I was there. I left the truck running but the door unlocked. When I got back to the street the door was locked -- nice feature I guess if you forget to lock your doors a lot, but not so nice at this time. I had to call AAA and wait in the rain for them to show up -- then watch them hack their way in through the window jamb.. yuck.

Any suggestions?? My truck didnt come with an owners manual, so maybe these are all covered in there and I should try to locate one.

AlaskaVX
08/18/2003, 02:43 PM
That seems really wierd! Well, I'll explain how mine works- If you get out of your car and hit it once it will flash and beep once (Its locked and armed) If you hit it again it will flash and beep twice (This unlocks the driver side door) If you hit it again it flashes three times (This unlocks the passesnger side door also)

I really don't know why you would only want to lock it (without arming) I mean since the alarm only goes off if the door opens, why wouldn't you want your alarm to go off if someone opened the locked door? But, if thats what you want you just lock your doors with the power lock on door.

If you have your door open and hit the button it will have a high pitched squeel until you close the door, then you need to press the buttton again if you want to lock it.

You shouldn't need to hit it fast at all. If you hold the button for 5 seconds (or sometimes press it a lot real fast) it sets off the panic alarm.

Your problem is wierd, this is all I can really tell you. sorry. Maybe someone else will chime in with an answer.

Maybe its in a different "mode" there is a cheafuer (is that spelled right?) mode but I'm not sure how that works. Good Luck!

Anita
08/18/2003, 02:54 PM
Here is the remote manual.. You will need acrobat reader.

http://www.itprisms.com/vehicross/vehicross_alarm_manual.pdf

Moncha
08/18/2003, 02:56 PM
You can find it here also..

http://www.vehicross.info/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=6