PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near central Okla?

RickOKC
03/16/2010, 03:09 PM
I wish I could actually check out a VX in person to make sure I love it as much as much as I think I do before I try to buy one. Unfortunately, the closest one for sale sounds like a mess. :( I'd hate to take a 3 hour drive (one way) only to have my first experience make such a bad impression. (Actually there is a 2nd one about the same distance away, but it doesn't seem right to waste a private seller's time when I know it's out of my price range.)

Any advice?

89Vette
03/16/2010, 04:26 PM
If no one from O.K. chimes in, I'd say a 3-hr drive isn't THAT bad. For me, the closest one (for sale) was triple that distance.

You can easily drive that distance and back in one day. If you've got the bug bad enough you'll go. I don't think any one specimen would be THAT bad to misrepresent. OTOH, I'd call to make sure of condition before making the drive.

The private seller might still be willing so show it -- if you ask. If you're only window shopping, what's the point?

RickOKC
03/17/2010, 08:45 AM
Oh yeah a 3-hour drive is no big deal at all, but the closest VX has frame damage in addition to some other issues (odometer rollback, mis-matched stripes.) I'm not window shopping - just hoping for the opportunity to actually check one out in person before buying.

handeeman
03/17/2010, 02:36 PM
Rick, just take your time and try and be patient....you'll find one that's right for you. Maybe you will get the chance to contact a member and ride in one, plus get some pointers on what to look for. This is from one Okie to another (I was born in Ardmore).

Frame damage , odo roll-back etc., sounds like a mess to me.

Ldub
03/17/2010, 02:42 PM
but the closest VX has frame damage in addition to some other issues (odometer rollback, mis-matched stripes.)

NOT one you're considering...I hope.

RickOKC
03/17/2010, 04:33 PM
Rick, just take your time and try and be patient....you'll find one that's right for you. Maybe you will get the chance to contact a member and ride in one, plus get some pointers on what to look for. This is from one Okie to another (I was born in Ardmore).

Frame damage , odo roll-back etc., sounds like a mess to me.
Thanks for the encouragement, fellow Okie! Fortunately, I'm "Mr. Patient" so (eventually) I'll end up with the best one in my price range. I already have VX Kat's Check List in a file on my cell phone and a printout in my glove box. After a search here I learned the "mess" I mentioned has been sitting on the lot since at least 12/16. A month later another member described it as a "pile." The sad part is, it's listed almost everywhere, but if it wasn't for AutoCheck on eBay a person would never know about the "issues." LOL, I just can't get over those Starsky & Hutch stripes that are different lengths!

1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS 2dr 4WD (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-ISUZU-VEHICROSS-2dr-4WD_W0QQitemZ270535932348QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Car s_Trucks?hash=item3efd32b9bc) $4,999
Bonham, TX
http://members.cox.net/gbfaq/VXStripe.jpg

RickOKC
03/17/2010, 04:36 PM
NOT one you're considering...I hope.
Not in a million years! I'm not even interested in driving it around the block.