PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo Brush Guard

RabidPony
03/15/2010, 08:31 PM
There's an 01 Rodeo here in my apartment complex with a factory brush guard and every time I look at it, I just like it more and more. I think with some minor bending of the outriggers to fit the VX's front cladding closer, it would look beyond perfect. Does anyone know if a Rodeo brush guard is compatible with a VX or would I have to fab mounting brackets? I do have a pair of Tone's bull bar brackets that I could attempt to use. Huge, huge kudos to WormGod in that regard. He sent them to me with gratis and even payed shipping. Talk about awesome, doesn't get any better. :thumbup:

Here's a pic of the guard I'm talking about. This isn't the Rodeo in my complex, but it's the same guard.

WormGod
03/16/2010, 07:08 AM
There's an 01 Rodeo here in my apartment complex with a factory brush guard and every time I look at it, I just like it more and more. I think with some minor bending of the outriggers to fit the VX's front cladding closer, it would look beyond perfect. Does anyone know if a Rodeo brush guard is compatible with a VX or would I have to fab mounting brackets? I do have a pair of Tone's bull bar brackets that I could attempt to use. Huge, huge kudos to WormGod in that regard. He sent them to me with gratis and even payed shipping. Talk about awesome, doesn't get any better. :thumbup:

Here's a pic of the guard I'm talking about. This isn't the Rodeo in my complex, but it's the same guard.

Been meaning to get at ya and see if they ever arrived. Glad they made it.

It's not a Rodeo near you? Then they would never suspect it was you when that brushguard goes missing then. ;)

VXorado
03/16/2010, 07:52 AM
It's not a Rodeo near you? Then they would never suspect it was you when that brushguard goes missing then. ;)

:laughy: Thats what I was thinking, I quick test fit won't hurt anything.

nfpgasmask
03/16/2010, 09:35 AM
Are you sure that is factory and not aftermarket? I've never seen one like that.

Bart

RabidPony
03/16/2010, 11:41 AM
Been meaning to get at ya and see if they ever arrived. Glad they made it.

Are you sure that is factory and not aftermarket? I've never seen one like that.

Bart

Yeah man, you have no idea how much I appreciated that. Now if I can just get my bike sold so I can start working on the VX. :mad: The Rodeo in the pic is one I found on PlanetIsuzoo. Just stumbled across the pics in an old for sale thread and it was confirmed that it is indeed an OEM Isuzu part for the 2nd Gen Rodeo Sport. What's awesome about it is that the back of the plastic cover in the center is screwed on so I could remove it, heat and bend the outriggers, then put it back on without damaging it. I think that thing would look perfect on a VX.

nocturnalVX
03/16/2010, 01:21 PM
There is a MWIOR sticker on the roof basket. Try finding out on the Midwest Isuzu forum who owns that rig, and you might be able to meet up for a wrench session... or just leave a note on the Rodeo. :yesy:

RabidPony
03/16/2010, 04:11 PM
There is a MWIOR sticker on the roof basket. Try finding out on the Midwest Isuzu forum who owns that rig, and you might be able to meet up for a wrench session... or just leave a note on the Rodeo. :yesy:

The brush guard in those pics has been sold and the owner upgraded to a bigger one. The guy who has one on his Rodeo in my complex isn't a car guy so I doubt he'd be down for letting me test fit it.

hellomoto
03/16/2010, 04:18 PM
I had one just loke that on my 2001 Rodeo. I believe it was a factory one. Cost me $110 from craigslist