PDA

View Full Version : at my wits end!

CrossRider
03/13/2010, 03:56 PM
Hi Guy's and Gail's,

I have a 99 VX (58k) that ran hot. After I had taken the time to replace the timing belt and Water pump. But no deed goes UN-punished it ran hot anyway, I found that the new water pump was leaking. So I got another one put it in but no soap it would not start. So I went through and re-checked my timing and found out I had a blow-ed head gasket. So I pulled both heads had a valve job done put it all back together, then found both out side boots bad (no biggie) but when I went to ad H2O I found I have a leak that seems to be coming from the rear of the engine. Is there a freeze plug that could have blown out? Could the block be cracked? Or is there a hose that I am not a where of that could be replaced to solve this very irritating/disheartening problem?

All ideas/input appreciated

tks

James

Ldub
03/13/2010, 08:46 PM
There are a couple of heater hoses that run under the intake manifold.
The thermostat also lives down there in the hidden valley.
Also, there is a "hard pipe" that comes off the back of the thermo housing that is sealed with an "O" ring.
Fill the rad, start it up & let it warm up a bit,(put the rad cap back on so it'll build pressure) then look under the front of the intake manifold where the upper rad hose connects to the thermo housing.
A sharp eye & a good flashlight may be able to see a leak in this area...:luck:

Y33TREKker
03/14/2010, 07:05 AM
Hi James,

My only input would be to not give up, although perseverence doesn't seem to be a problem in your case anyway. It can absolutely be irritating when the problems seem to jump from place to place, but patience usually wins out in the end.