PDA

View Full Version : Is this your Proton?

Y33TREKker
08/17/2003, 04:15 PM
About halfway down the page there's a Proton Yellow VX with painted silver 5-spoke aftermarket rims.

http://vehicrossconcepts.homestead.com/bavx2.html

The rims are one of my considerations for when I finally track down a VX for myself, and was hoping to find out what kind they are; manufacturer, model, size, etc. They look like the same rims that are on the VX pictured on the Vehicross Concepts homepage, but I'm not certain. I've been doinf some searching but haven't determined what they are yet, so any info would be appreciated.

paultvx
08/17/2003, 04:56 PM
Not mine but I think they are Borbets and have been discontinued.

omegavx
08/17/2003, 07:49 PM
I believe they are the borbet cw3's that have been discontinued. I know a couple of people have been selling theirs around the board. But, I've searched the net and have not been able to find a set anywhere.

Y33TREKker
08/18/2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by omegavx
I believe they are the borbet cw3's that have been discontinued. I know a couple of people have been selling theirs around the board. But, I've searched the net and have not been able to find a set anywhere.

I don't know how much luck we'd have finding a business that could import these for us, but they look practically identical to the Borbet's.

Cobra - "Alaska 18's"

http://www.autokola.cz/alukola_katalog.php?v=cobra

Where is a .cz email address located though? The language looks familiar, but I can't quite place it. I was considering emailing them to check the status of whether those wheels are currently being made.

I once emailed a company in Italy that manufactured wheels for import and distribution in the states when I was trying to track down some extra wheels to go with a set I currently have on my car. Although they checked inventories in Europe and Africa for spares, they weren't able to find any since those wheels had been discontinued for awhile also. You never know though, it's always worth a try.

johnnyapollo
08/18/2003, 03:17 PM
.cz = czechoslovakia

bliptrip
08/18/2003, 05:59 PM
The VX in the photo belonged to Jordan, back in the Club Vmag days. It was a very clean, nicely customized car that he unfortunately ended up having to sell. The Borbet rims from his car were sold to Ron at Vehicross Concepts...