PDA

View Full Version : Website logo decal

Sprey
02/18/2010, 11:59 PM
Righto lately ive been thinking about getting a decal made up for my vx with this forums website name on it etc, Hopefuly other vx drivers around my area will see and finaly come on here!! And of course to show my support to this awesome forum !!!!

Anyway, Saw Cyrks awesome Vx art pic and couldnt resist having a toy with it.
Heres a quick hackjob of what id like to create. for the bonnet of my vx ( on the hood insert) and one on the rear window.
Or even without the vx in it jus the website link.
So what do you guys think?
Just incase im asking for permission if this could all go ahead, as in editing Cyrks Vx pic and using the website name on my vx.

Cyrk if you have the Vx pic separated like below. ( only asking as you can see lots of orange in mine lol and its a real bummer if your incompetent with photoshop type programs :p ) if you could pm the picture thatd really speed up everything.
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/01_Vehicrossinfo_decal.jpg

VX-157
02/19/2010, 01:27 AM
can i get one please?

Mile High VX
02/19/2010, 05:59 AM
I'd be interested in the smaller ones for the back window.

handeeman
02/19/2010, 06:02 AM
I'd be interested in the smaller ones for the back window.

Me too!

Leah
02/19/2010, 06:16 AM
Love it!!! Want one.

Ldub
02/19/2010, 07:25 AM
Very Nice...:yes:

If you have these made in white (to show better on tinted windows)

You have a customer for 2-3...:yesgray:

rowhard
02/19/2010, 07:47 AM

Count me in too for one:happyface

vt_maverick
02/19/2010, 08:04 AM
I'd try to make contact with member VXstickers. I believe he (at least at one time) had his own custom auto graphics company, so he could probably hook you up.

Various graphics on his VX:
http://www.totalestickers.com/images/vx3.jpg

Example of skid plate sticker from his gallery:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/g25.jpg

Gussie2000
02/19/2010, 08:14 AM
For one if you manage to have them for sale......

CoastieCosta567
02/19/2010, 08:19 AM
what it be guys, been long time sence ive been in here, but i'm up for 2 of them of a nice good size, if u are making some n selling them.

tom4bren
02/19/2010, 09:00 AM
Me too!

Start saving your pennies. I'm sure they'll be more than $7.99:)

handeeman
02/19/2010, 09:20 AM
Start saving your pennies. I'm sure they'll be more than $7.99:)
I was afraid someone would say that...... iffin I start saving now I'll have 1/2 of the money saved before their available in a few months.

JNUVX
02/19/2010, 09:38 AM
Count me in for two!

circmand
02/19/2010, 10:18 AM
a member in Houstob who drove a dragon who had one on his VX. That was how I found out about the site

Mile High VX
02/19/2010, 01:57 PM

What about in a RED that matches the 4WD emblem...or those glowing eyes on that grill emblem...:smilewink:bgwo::bgwb::bwgy:

JoFotoz
02/19/2010, 03:57 PM
Sign me up for 4 of them...

... RED !! would be GREAT.

Maybe two sizes if poss...One 4x5 ish for windows , and a big one for the garage!

jo

Sprey
02/19/2010, 06:09 PM
Far out !! At the replies already ROFL.

Hmm gonna have a chat to my friend who does graphics etc and get some prices off him. I could get him to make up some and send them etc but all about cost and remember im quite a distance away in Nz, So yea!
( Best idea localwise for you guys would be to as Vt_maverick said. try to make contact with Vxstickers.

Might as well make this thread IDEAS for a logo too.
So if youve got any ideas post them up !.
This way we could hopefuly come up with a logo of some sort that we all like.

Moncha
02/19/2010, 11:47 PM
I have no problem in the website name being used for small non or for not very much profit projects. For legal reasons, I had to change the lettering enough from the the original Isuzu logo so as to satisfy them. I had to promise (Signed my life away) that I would not use their logo (The OE VehiCROSS) or anything that looks like it on anything that had the site's name on it as they would not license it for use like that. At least for not what I could afford.

I have artwork available if you need it. I have no opinion for what the final project looks like so long as the site name actually resembles what the logo lettering looks like now. Keeps us safe from the legal eagles, you know? Let me know what you need and I'll get it to you.

Kona-Vs
02/20/2010, 12:28 AM
I'd go for a two color ops would be nice

Sprey
02/20/2010, 01:27 AM
I have no problem in the website name being used for small non or for not very much profit projects. For legal reasons, I had to change the lettering enough from the the original Isuzu logo so as to satisfy them. I had to promise (Signed my life away) that I would not use their logo (The OE VehiCROSS) or anything that looks like it on anything that had the site's name on it as they would not license it for use like that. At least for not what I could afford.

I have artwork available if you need it. I have no opinion for what the final project looks like so long as the site name actually resembles what the logo lettering looks like now. Keeps us safe from the legal eagles, you know? Let me know what you need and I'll get it to you.

Ahh right i see!.
So basicly the 1st mock up i did isnt very legal at all as for having the Oe type vehicross logo in it.?

I understand that you cant have the Oe Vehicross logo on the site for legal reason but as for having it as a decal on a personal vehicle would that still cause trouble? (perhaps because its advertising the site using a isuzu owned logo?)

Sorry to ask daft questions just want to make sure :D

Moncha perhaps if you could post the art work, say like the logo youve made for the forum without the little stars in it?

Just had a look through the cafepress store. and did see a sticker that you can buy like the forum one.

That combined with the little vx car would look choice.
http://images0.cafepress.com/product/21859610v1_350x350_Front.jpg

Moncha
02/20/2010, 11:44 PM
Like this?

http://images9.cafepress.com/product/21859609v1_350x350_Front.jpg

It's not so much what is on a (as in singular) vehicle but when it's on plural and it has to do with the logo then we have to play more by the rules. I hate it and they prolly have less money than I do ;). But with my luck, they would become a PITA at the wrong time. I fought with them a bunch a few years ago but, I now don't have the chutzpa to tap dance with them again.

Ldub
02/21/2010, 12:32 AM
Like this?

Ummmmmm...NO

It needs to be ASTRAL!...:laughing:

VX-157
02/21/2010, 12:39 AM
Ummmmmm...NO

Ummmm NO, Radiant Red FTW! :p

Ldub
02/21/2010, 12:41 AM
Ummmm NO, Radiant Red FTW! :p

L0L...looks real p-u-r-d-y all scrubbed up...:thumbup:

Sprey
02/21/2010, 01:32 AM
Looks choice Moncha, Tho on the cost side of it printing a multi color decal like that versus a single color one is something i need to find out.

This one is the website name size 48 text using the isuzu font, with the ehi in 36 doesnt look too bad.

my friend who does graphics said theres a posibility he can supply them etc through me so yea. but for now have to hold ya horses :p

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/01_Vehicrossinfo_decal_03.jpg

don moore
02/22/2010, 01:54 AM
what LDUB said

circmand
02/22/2010, 06:00 AM
Looks choice Moncha, Tho on the cost side of it printing a multi color decal like that versus a single color one is something i need to find out.

This one is the website name size 48 text using the isuzu font, with the ehi in 36 doesnt look too bad.

my friend who does graphics said theres a posibility he can supply them etc through me so yea. but for now have to hold ya horses :p

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/01_Vehicrossinfo_decal_03.jpg

the cost of doing color is not anymore expensive. I have stuff printed up all the time if we have a size and quantity I could get an estimate from one of my regular vendors.

tom4bren
02/22/2010, 06:36 AM
Ummmmmm...NO

& hasta have a skull in there somewhere too!!!

Ldub
02/22/2010, 06:39 AM
& hasta have a skull in there somewhere too!!!

Well DUH...:laughing:

Leah
02/22/2010, 08:07 AM
I was afraid someone would say that...... iffin I start saving now I'll have 1/2 of the money saved before their available in a few months.

ROFL! ME TOO!!! Assuming I can find enough cans!

handeeman
02/22/2010, 08:24 AM
ROFL! ME TOO!!! Assuming I can find enough cans!

Maybe they can do a two part decal, we could save and buy one part then save and buy the other.

Moncha
02/22/2010, 09:09 AM
How's about this or something close to this using the correct fonts for the logo?

Sprey
02/22/2010, 07:54 PM
Think youve hit the Jackpo Moncha :D Im liking that alot.
If thats the final version im happy to talk to my gfx friend and see what he says etc. And ill try get a decal made up asap. gonna figure out price vs size soon.

So far im on a half and half basis for being able to supply these.

So if not me by the sounds of it 2nd option is through Circmad?
or Vxstickers?

And of course a local company that you supply them with the img etc.

Moncha
02/23/2010, 09:35 AM
Did you ever get a better rendition of the VX part?.. Taking from the low res one that you posted here will make for a poor line for a cut.

vt_maverick
02/23/2010, 12:30 PM
Like this?

It's not so much what is on a (as in singular) vehicle but when it's on plural and it has to do with the logo then we have to play more by the rules. I hate it and they prolly have less money than I do ;). But with my luck, they would become a PITA at the wrong time. I fought with them a bunch a few years ago but, I now don't have the chutzpa to tap dance with them again.

Hey Scott - Any chance they could make these with a clear background instead of the white? I'm thinking it would look a LOT better on the glass if it was against a transparent background...

Moncha
02/23/2010, 02:00 PM
The white background of the sticker serves as the white color since there is not white ink in the process that Cafe Press uses.
Just like an inkjet printer, if you used orange paper, then everything that would require white as a color would be orange or a shade of it.

vt_maverick
02/23/2010, 02:05 PM
Doh... I guess that's why exacto knives were invented.

Sprey
02/23/2010, 02:15 PM
Did you ever get a better rendition of the VX part?.. Taking from the low res one that you posted here will make for a poor line for a cut.

Not yet, Shame Cyrk hasnt seen this thread yet?
Ill send him a pm when i get back from work.

Cyrk
02/23/2010, 07:59 PM
I have a eps I can send you... give a few days as I just got bit from my new dog. so typing is killing me with my hand bandaged up and all.

rowhard
02/23/2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Scott - Any chance they could make these with a clear background instead of the white? I'm thinking it would look a LOT better on the glass if it was against a transparent background...

And if they could do the different VX colors, that would be even better.

Ldub
02/24/2010, 01:28 AM
give a few days as I just got bit from my new dog. so typing is killing me with my hand bandaged up and all.

As punishment for being a "bad dog", you should make it do the typing...:laughing: