PDA

View Full Version : NY vxers survivors (again)

nyc #1 ironman
08/15/2003, 11:27 AM
Well,
we did it again. What a black out. As many of my friends on the board know I was in the trade center bldg 2 and now this. It was the same feeling all over again. We were sitting there then the computers went down then the lights went off then we looked out the window and people from the other buildings were hauling azz out the front doors, so there we all went down the stairs ( ironically I now work in the building directly across the street from where world trade one stood), walked over the bridge "again" of course no cell phone service, what a reminder of 9/11 if you guys saw it on tv around the country I'm sure you'd agree. Hope other fellow NY vxers made it home, ok.... Thanks....

Panther_Black_VX
08/15/2003, 01:11 PM
Everything happens in NY! I was at work in Newark when it happened so a bunch of co-workers and I went to a nearby bar and hung out.

Lights came back on real soon in Newark. So once the roads cleared up I jumped into my baby and drove home. Good thing I drove to work yesterday. We got lights around 930pm in Jersey City. Drove into Brooklyn this morning to bring some family back to our place for some much needed "AC"......

Hope all made it home safely and your power is returned quickly...

edyavno
08/15/2003, 02:00 PM
yeah, i walked over brooklyn bridge too.
but my wife couldn't get out of the city until this morning: I drove in to pick her up. Hope all other east costers are fine too ...

- Ed Y.

AlaskaVX
08/15/2003, 02:15 PM
Crazy enough, that blackout even affected us up here! Our server took a crap due to all the blackouts in our company (URS) on the East coast. Hey, thanks guys I got paid for 4 hours, just sitting around waiting for my computer to work.

zadam123
08/15/2003, 03:16 PM
I was in my work truck when this happend in brooklyn, i was listining to the radio and then nothing, i changed the channel and nothing so i started tapping the radio cause i though it was a loose wire or something:confused: then i finally got a channel that worked and didnt like the music so i changed back and dead again, i started going nutz tring to figure it out until i saw all the traffic lights out, then it all became clear;Dy;

adam

andy454
08/15/2003, 04:35 PM
Just power back here near Detroit. Still 2million without. Hope all goes well for others.

Hotsauce
08/15/2003, 06:46 PM
So strange and surreal to find myself walking home with flashlight and a bottle of water AGAIN.

John C.

omegavx
08/15/2003, 07:24 PM
I flew into laguardia on tuesday picked up my vx and drove back tuesday and wednesday night. Kinda glad I didn't let my business partner talk me into staying a couple of days :)

Its actually kinda weird, everytime I take a trip out to NY somthing ends up happening.

My first trip, about 1 1/2 months later the WTC came down right on the hotel I stayed in (marriot wtc).

My second trip about 1 1/2 weeks later my business partners car got stolen.

My third trip about 1 1/2 days later the black out occured.

Kinda weird how everything seems to happen almost exactly 1 1/2 * later and it seems to be getting to be a shorter amount of time. Makes me think hard about coming out there again cause I'm kinda afraid it will actually happen when I'm there this time :)

Nothing like actually being there, but I'm glad to hear everyone came out of it ok.

Spike
08/16/2003, 06:09 AM
We were lucky down here in Philadelphia, missed us totally.

OmegaVX - please stay out of NYC ;Db;

Cptnmorgan
08/16/2003, 06:56 PM
Hey Alaska VX,

I used to work for URS in Colorado Springs. Just read your profile and saw you are a AutoCAD designer. You doing Civil? I currently do Land Development for a small firm here in Fort Worth. Sorry off topic, but just had to say hey to a fellow CAD Tech......:D

Newsman
08/16/2003, 07:21 PM
I wasn't in the city when it happened, but I was called into work (radio station -- WCBS) the next day.

It's pretty wild driving through midtown with nary a traffic light to be seen.

Panther_Black_VX
08/16/2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by omegavx
My first trip, about 1 1/2 months later the WTC came down right on the hotel I stayed in (marriot wtc).

My second trip about 1 1/2 weeks later my business partners car got stolen.

My third trip about 1 1/2 days later the black out occured.

Kinda weird how everything seems to happen almost exactly 1 1/2 * later and it seems to be getting to be a shorter amount of time. Makes me think hard about coming out there again cause I'm kinda afraid it will actually happen when I'm there this time :)

This is VERY wierd! But to echo Spike, I suggest you call in sick the next time you have come out here.... ;)