PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying the CROSSTOUR

Anita
02/14/2010, 03:40 PM
Time for my husband to purchase a new vehicle. We took advantage of a beautiful southern cali day to head over to a nearby Honda dealership to take a look at Ridgelines. Took a test drive and then walked into the showroom with the salesman. As the hubby and salesman are talking, I spy a car that made me stop are stare. I walk to check out the side profile and peek inside. My husband said I had that goofy look on my face like I had with the VX. Hmmmm, the name of this mysterious car, "Accord Crosstour".

"Hhhhhoney, come over here", I called to him. Now both of us had the goofy face. After a test drive we were pretty hooked. I shall be doing some online research in the next few days and think if this is the car for us. :smilegray

Any opinions pro or con?

VX crazy
02/14/2010, 04:17 PM
I like these Anita, let me know what you thought of the test drive!

Anita
02/14/2010, 04:47 PM
First of all, pictures do not do the car justice at all. If I saw the pics first, I would never give the thing a second look. You must see it in person. I have always hated the design of hondas, inside and out; the Crosstour's design is cool enough that dire-hard Honda owners hate it.

The interior is luxurious with all the expected bells and whistles. Mike could actually sit in the thing (with a sunroof) and have plenty of headroom (which is a very rare thing). Lots of power to spare; put down your foot hard enough and you'll be planted in your seat. :heart:

Sprey
02/14/2010, 04:54 PM
To be honest they both look rather mean ! Weirdly enough on the way to town the otherweek i spotted one of those Ridgelines, thought my way through traffic to get close enough to see what it is! as it was the 1st one id ever seen and i was quite impressed.

Is it the 1st honda ute?

Triathlete
02/14/2010, 04:54 PM
Okay, who is using Anita's sign in? Or is someone holding a gun to your head Anita and forcing you to type this...if so let us know so we can send a VX rescue team!

Seriosly...I am not a big fan of the looks but it has a lot of really cool features.
Just so long as you are keeping the VX!

Anita
02/14/2010, 05:07 PM
Okay, who is using Anita's sign in? Or is someone holding a gun to your head Anita and forcing you to type this...if so let us know so we can send a VX rescue team!

Seriosly...I am not a big fan of the looks but it has a lot of really cool features.
Just so long as you are keeping the VX!

For the husband, Billy. The VX is sticking around. :bwgy:

Mile High VX
02/14/2010, 05:13 PM
It's got some good reviews. I've got two hondas and I love the reliabilty and the aftermarket mods that are available...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Only negative I've heard is that because of the way the rear struts protrude into the cargo area its space is limited to about 50 Cu. Ft.

Good luck with the purchase if you decide to go that route.

Marlin
02/14/2010, 05:45 PM
To be honest they both look rather mean ! Weirdly enough on the way to town the otherweek i spotted one of those Ridgelines, thought my way through traffic to get close enough to see what it is! as it was the 1st one id ever seen and i was quite impressed.

Is it the 1st honda ute?

Too bad the Ridgeline can't even tow another Ridgeline, not sure sure how it got classified as a truck...next thing you know the Subaru Baja will be a truck too.

VXD959
02/14/2010, 07:39 PM
Have you seen also the Acura ZDX? Probably on the expensive side, but worth a look...

http://www.acura.com/VideoGallery.aspx?model=ZDX&modelYear=2010&context=photos-videos#/video1

JHarris1385
02/14/2010, 08:05 PM
Very bland.

Riff Raff
02/15/2010, 03:56 AM
There's two(2) things I don't like about it-- the left-rear door, and the right-rear door. No 4-door vehicles for me.;puke:

Cobrajet
02/15/2010, 07:08 AM
There's two(2) things I don't like about it-- the left-rear door, and the right-rear door. No 4-door vehicles for me.;puke:
I was going to take a peak until you mentioned this. Definitely puts it on the "sorry...but" list!

At least the Acura ZDX tries to hide the rear doors. But, I don't need a new ride, so $46K isn't enticing me.

vt_maverick
02/15/2010, 07:39 AM
ZDX is much hotter than the Crosstour IMHO. But I agree with Cobrajet, 46K is super pricey (though on par or even cheaper than similar Jap-lux offerings). Maybe get something less expensive (i.e. used) and wait a couple years and pick up a used ZDX?

BritVX
02/15/2010, 09:21 AM
How come you get all the smart looking cars over there???

Don't know about the Crosstour (I've not seen one) but to me the ZDX looks really cool, kinda what the BMW 6X should look like!

Col

handeeman
02/15/2010, 09:41 AM
This looks kinda similar:http://www.chrysler.com/shared/2010/sebring/gallery/images/ext/10_c_ses_photo_ext_09.jpg

LittleBeast
02/15/2010, 09:52 AM
Anita, I am right there with you actually. This is the only Honda I would ever own, even the S2000 that they will no longer be making looks like a door wedge to me, but this Accord Crosstour I really like, and knowing Honda it will run forever, get good gas mileage, and I really think with some nice rims in the right color this thing could be awesome, I think you 2 should definitely get it :)

sloop
02/15/2010, 12:02 PM
http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?revid=55511&makeid=18&modelid=10251&year=2010&revlogtype=20&section=reviews

pbkid
02/15/2010, 04:18 PM
im surprised that so many people on this site enjoy the looks of a wagon...wtf??

Triathlete
02/15/2010, 07:05 PM
In Az SUV are classified as "wagons" by the DMV....which is nice since mud flap laws only apply to "trucks"!:bwgy:

BigSwede
02/18/2010, 10:37 AM
Hmmm, same power and gas mileage as my RAV4, but without the room.

circmand
02/18/2010, 02:40 PM
next thing you know I am waking up from a nap. Yawn. They look similar to eachother and a larger version of a CRX. No splash no pow no wow they need more cowbell

Anita
02/18/2010, 03:43 PM
I think (in person) there is a little pow and a little wow.. for a Honda. I really hate Honda's shallow, no-depth paint jobs. The Acura is a lot cooler looking but the starting price is almost 10k more.

The hubby and I both want this time around to have a car with a usable back seat, and a bit of luxury, and a good reputation. The Crosstour for the price could suffice. When it is my turn to turn the VX out to pasture, I have no idea what could replace it. For now, the VX is running solid. She would be a good truck to someone if I ever let her go....;)

Anita
04/01/2010, 10:56 PM
We have not decided on a car/truck yet. Frustrating. We dont like much of anything on the road. The hubby cannot fit comfortably in the Ridgeline w/sunroof. Dont want sunroof? Then you cant have leather seats, navigation or an (somewhat) attractive interior. Crosstour still in the running.

We now are turning our eyes to the Cadillac SRX. Love the looks and we both always admired Cads. This whole GM/government run thing makes us pretty nervous concerning the quality and durability. Good warranty. We need to see the maintenance expense as it compares to Isuzu.

Anyone have experience or knowledge of the 2010 SRX?

etlsport
04/02/2010, 06:00 AM
the SRXs in general i havent seen many mechanical issues with,

but i know they are stupid expensive to maintain, like the air filter i beleive was around 30+ for a napa brand.. also the tires are crazy amounts of expensive, the older ones had larger tires in the rear as well which limited your options if you wanted to keep the same type front and back, another small thing is the battery is a little tough to find, IIRC its a group size 101

Anita
04/08/2010, 10:19 PM
Days away from new car purchase.... My head feels like its gonna explode :_huh: :smilewink:smilewink

Ldub
04/08/2010, 10:48 PM
Days away from new car purchase.... My head feels like its gonna explode :_huh: :smilewink:smilewink

Back away...regroup...realize that it's not required...:smilewink

PK
04/08/2010, 11:09 PM
Back away...regroup...realize that it's not required...:smilewink

What Dub said is damn good advice.

If the purchase decision is not easy to make, then you are not ready, or have not found the right vehicle.

Is the money really burning a hole in your pocket that bad??

Wait for 6 - 12 months - something will be released that you fall in love with.

Anyways, that is my opinion - and we all know what that is worth.

Good luck what ever you decide.

PK

Anita
04/08/2010, 11:32 PM
Guys, it's okay! ... my head's exploding in a good way! :smilegray

I am friends with a wonderful gentleman who owns many different car brand dealerships in the So Cal area; we decided on a truck and got an amazing deal. The same guy sold me my new ebony VX almost ten years ago.

I shall post pics when the new arrival is mine. Oh, I am not selling the VX.. no way!!