PDA

View Full Version : VA hammered by snow AGAIN

tom4bren
02/01/2010, 09:30 AM
We got snow again last Saturday.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/CIMG1771.JPG

So I decided that 3 years procrastination was quite enough and put up the crown moulding in the kitchen.

Thanks Ldub for the How2 tips. Came out pretty good for a NOOB.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/CIMG1776.JPG

We ended up with about a foot of snow. The Proton wasn't home for the pix. Bren had to work so I made her take it.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/CIMG1781.JPG

Mile High VX
02/01/2010, 11:17 AM
Having her take the Proton.

I know you don't mind practicing your recovery techniques, but really stinks when it's on your own vehicle...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Looks like a typical CO snow...but we've been sending it out to VA and don't have much right now!

JAMAS
02/01/2010, 02:34 PM
Lucky.....

Wish we got that kind of snow.

.....provided the wife and son are at home safe and sound...

circmand
02/01/2010, 02:42 PM
and what is all that white stuff in your pix?

Getting cold hear in Bullhead City dropped into the 60s last night. Time to close the windows.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

deermagnet
02/01/2010, 05:56 PM
I'm so jealous of you guys down there. When did the mid-atlantic region become the snow belt? :bwgy:
That's the second good storm for you that went out to sea without coming north! :mady:

We need snow bad up here! I'm still hopeful we can get two storms of 12"+ this month. If not, this winter will be a major disappointment. :mad:

Mark

lasturbo
02/01/2010, 11:23 PM
and what is all that white stuff in your pix?

Getting cold hear in Bullhead City dropped into the 60s last night. Time to close the windows.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ditto for San Diego although we got hammered with rain the week before and most cannot drive in rain here. Imagine if snow fell here......the body shops here would make millions.
Hope everything is OK Tom as I did here the east is getting belted by the snow storms.

Ldub
02/02/2010, 12:33 AM
Hang in there Tom, the snow will eventually go away.

BTW, the crown moulding looks great!...:thumbup:.:yes:.:yesgray:

Also like the whole banana republic/tropical thing y'all have going on with the chairs/ceiling fan...:cool:

tom4bren
02/02/2010, 04:38 AM
"I know you don't mind practicing your recovery techniques, but really stinks when it's on your own vehicle"

The funny part is ... when Bren got home, she couldn't see the driveway & put the VX in the ditch. The VX is so awsome - it was able to pull itself right back out.

"Wish we got that kind of snow."

As long as it doesn't stick around for weeks ... & weeks ... & weeks. There were still some piles of snow in the parking lots from the 20+ inches we got the Friday before Christmas.

"and what is all that white stuff in your pix?"

It was kinda confusing to us too - we're not used to it - usually just a cupla inches at a time.

"When did the mid-atlantic region become the snow belt?"

See comment above:)

Hope you get yours Mark:) We're supposed to get another 1-2 inches tonight.

I remember the year I lived in Pittsburgh. We had just moved from Florida & the first snowstorm dropped 7 inches - we were in heaven.

"Ditto for San Diego although we go hammered with rain the week before and most cannot drive in rain here"

I know. I've only been to SD twice - rained both times.:)

"Also like the whole banana republic/tropical thing y'all have going on with the chairs/ceiling fan"

'Toes in the water ... toes in the sand ... life is good today"

crotchrocket
02/02/2010, 06:04 AM
hey Tom,

is that a 300zx in the shot ????

JAMAS
02/02/2010, 07:01 AM
hey Tom,

Mitsubishi Eclipse on the right.......right?

Mile High VX
02/02/2010, 07:12 AM
Head over to the new Sport Clips in Fredericksburg that opened on Saturday and get the best haircut of your life....:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

tom4bren
02/02/2010, 08:14 AM
hey Tom,

No: Green='92 3000GT (not running); Black='03 Eclipse; White='04 Eclipse Conv (can't really see it in pic because of the snow).

tom4bren
02/02/2010, 08:15 AM
Head over to the new Sport Clips in Fredericksburg that opened on Saturday and get the best haircut of your life....:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Got snipped at Hair Cuttery 3 weeks ago - I'm good for at least another 3 months:)

Triathlete
02/02/2010, 01:07 PM
Its that damn global WARMING, I tell you!:bwgy:

WormGod
02/03/2010, 07:41 AM
Aaaaaaand, another 6" last night. It's never-ending here. Every other day we get an accumulation. They are calling for more I believe on and off every day this week through Sun?

Long live the STi and VX!

Er, wait.... I take that back. The other !@#$s on the road make ANY driving in this stuff impossible. Imagine if Honolulu got snow, and drivers took to the road.... Ya, that's EVERY snow here. !@#$ing idiots... STAY HOME!

tom4bren
02/03/2010, 07:46 AM
We only got about 2" in Fredericksburg. Since I work at Ft Belvoir tho ...

Forcasters are being very careful about predictions for Saturday but rumor has it that it'll be more than we got last weekend (maybe I'll finally install the new shower faucet - hey, I'm on a roll - that's only a 1 year procrastination).

handeeman
02/03/2010, 10:30 AM
We only got about 2" in Fredericksburg. Since I work at Ft Belvoir tho ...

Forcasters are being very careful about predictions for Saturday but rumor has it that it'll be more than we got last weekend (maybe I'll finally install the new shower faucet - hey, I'm on a roll - that's only a 1 year procrastination).

Since ya waited such a short time (compaired to some of my projects), ya might as well wait for nicer weather. That way the plumber ya have to call may take mercy on ya (but not if he had to drive out in the snow).

tom4bren
02/03/2010, 10:56 AM
Nah - I don't need no stinkin plumber. With my track record tho, I'll need to make at least 3.785 trips to Lowes for parts.

handeeman
02/03/2010, 12:22 PM
Nah - I don't need no stinkin plumber. With my track record tho, I'll need to make at least 3.785 trips to Lowes for parts.

You should do what I do and make a list. That way you'll only have to make 3 trips. 1. to Lowes 2. back home to get the list 3. back to Lowes. It'll save ya .785 trips.

tom4bren
02/03/2010, 12:44 PM
It's funny 'cause it's true.:)

ORW VXr
02/03/2010, 01:01 PM
If I recall correctly, Jo once told me "Tom has a twin brother, he's identical, but Tom's not ." Now I understand.
________
DISCOUNT VOLCANO VAPORIZER (http://vaporshop.com/)

tom4bren
02/03/2010, 01:05 PM
If I recall correctly, Jo once told me "Tom has a twin brother, he's identical, but Tom's not ." Now I understand.

YOU can be replaced by a BRATZ.

handeeman
02/03/2010, 01:09 PM

Soooooooo many things that could be said ... but shouldn't.

That's funny....lol....lol...lol

pbkid
02/03/2010, 05:15 PM
We got snow again last Saturday.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/CIMG1771.JPG

:drool2:

Lucky.....

Wish we got that kind of snow.

x2!!!!

We need snow bad up here! I'm still hopeful we can get two storms of 12"+ this month. If not, this winter will be a major disappointment. :mad:

Mark

x2!!!!

Er, wait.... I take that back. The other !@#$s on the road make ANY driving in this stuff impossible. Imagine if Honolulu got snow, and drivers took to the road.... Ya, that's EVERY snow here. !@#$ing idiots... STAY HOME!
yes! exactly! i wish all the idiots would just stay at home.... :thumbup:

deermagnet
02/03/2010, 05:25 PM
I don't believe it!!! The storm this weekend will AGAIN track straight east out to sea. :mado: :madb: :upsetgray :mady:
We may see as much as 1" in northern PA. :mad: I've never seen a winter like this. I'm sure you guys are saying the same thing. Most of that snow belongs to us up here in the northeast. You guys owe us big time!!!

If you steer a couple storms up thru PA, NY, and New England, all will be forgiven. :yesy:

Mark

tom4bren
02/03/2010, 06:12 PM
HA HA HA. Brother in law (in Philly) bought a snow blower this year. It's still in the box.

WormGod
02/04/2010, 07:53 AM
Yep. we are being warned of the possibility of something on par with the storm of '83. That was about 3 1/2'. No man.... I don't want that. This area does NOT know how to utilize proper snow removal and everyone goes bat!@#$ crazy.

Certainly hope they are wrong about their for forecast.

vt_maverick
02/04/2010, 08:01 AM
Everybody down here (Hampton Roads) keeps talking about snow, but the forecasts all indicate that although it will likely snow, it won't be cold enough for any of it to stick. (In other words, we're in for some pretty rain.) But like you said Gary, I'm sure that's enough to make people crazy.

Don't know about you guys but I'm really looking forward to summer. Crazy drivers, salt all over the VX, and insane heating bills are driving me crazy! :mad:

vt_maverick
02/04/2010, 08:04 AM
Speaking of...

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/02/report-most-likely-place-va-crash-hampton-roads

JAMAS
02/04/2010, 09:35 AM
There has been some mention of BIG snow around here for Friday/Saturday. Of course, I wont have anything to do, or anywhere to be that I will need to take the VX out. Guess I will have to find an excuse.

SlowPro48
02/10/2010, 02:59 PM
I'm so jealous of you guys down there. When did the mid-atlantic region become the snow belt? :bwgy:
That's the second good storm for you that went out to sea without coming north! :mady:

Mark

Are you happy now?

;)

deermagnet
02/10/2010, 03:16 PM
Are you happy now?

;)

Well, kinda, I guess. We didn't get one flake from the weekend storm up here in northern PA. Today we are getting snow, about 8" they say, which is not too bad. That's not gonna be enough to hold us thru the rest of winter. I still want more storms up here and into the Catskills for some great snowshoe hiking. I know they really need more up thru New England also.

We shall see what happens in the coming weeks. I certainly don't wanna see the mid-Atlantic get anymore. That's some crazy stuff down there and I know people are hurting.

Mark

PittVXr
02/10/2010, 07:03 PM
Here is the latest Accu-Weather forecast for the Mid Atlantic:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/weather.jpg

:bgwo:

Riff Raff
02/10/2010, 08:03 PM
LOL. That weather pattern looks remarkably close to the "male phallic symbol". Go figure; you're screwed.