PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth

Gussie2000
01/31/2010, 06:19 PM
Even though was a bit cold out there i had the guts to have this kenwood bluetooth system hook up to to my horse.:o

The outcome was great,i'm very pleased with the quality & the device's performance is excelent.:bgwo:

With so many features offered by this device such as automatic answering,call awaiting,call in hold,three ways,call by voice etc you can't be going wrong with this stuff. :yesgray:

I am still reading the user's manual trying to catch up with all the things you can do with it.

Now i have no need to use the ear bluetooth piece to speak with every body :bla:

Gussie2000
02/02/2010, 08:56 PM
Even though was a bit cold out there i had the guts to have this kenwood bluetooth system hook up to to my horse.:o

The outcome was great,i'm very pleased with the quality & the device's performance is excelent.:bgwo:

With so many features offered by this device such as automatic answering,call awaiting,call in hold,three ways,call by voice etc you can't be going wrong with this stuff. :yesgray:

I am still reading the user's manual trying to catch up with all the things you can do with it.

Now i have no need to use the ear bluetooth piece to speak with every body :bla:

Wow !

No replays ? :p

tom4bren
02/03/2010, 07:42 AM
Sorry - thought everyone was tired of me saying 'I have no response to that'.:)

Actually, I don't have experience with any of the built in units. I did get a very nice Plantronics bluetooth headset once. It was great because it would pair with 2 devices (cell & BlackBerry). Didn't work out well tho - they disabled the bluetooth on the BB a month later for security reasons.

Gussie2000
02/03/2010, 09:13 AM
No probs tom !

I don't open threads about the mods done on my VX cause i guess no one is really interested,unless someone PM'd me about something they found interested to i don't bother posting any.

Anyways i love the features this bluetooth came with,you don't even need to grab the phone & scroll thru your address phone,the bluetooth downloads all the data into the head unit while you in the car,you can make,receive,hold,etc all calls with the head unit's remote control.It helps you avoid traffic tickets for using your cell or texting.
If you are listening to music & there's an incoming call or either you are making an call the head unit low the volume & pause it to talk,once the call is over the music automatically turns on.
You can also set all incoming calls to be answered after few rings automatically,reject them,have then on hold or go three ways.
Voice recognition is another feature it comes with,all for just $ 130.00
Once you turns on the head unit the bluetooth automatically turns on & in ready status,I love the fact that you can listen to the other party thru all the 4 car speakers.

I wonder how many members got this set up on their rig.

erland
02/03/2010, 01:47 PM
I have a Kenwood with Bluetooth,back up cam, Sirius sat. radio, Ipod connection,Garmin GPS, DVD player, with 7" touch screen. I love it well worth every penny!:thumbup:

handeeman
02/03/2010, 02:03 PM
Gussie, I think that's a great mod, especially for those that have cell phones and use them while driving. My problem is I'm so out of date on the techno stuff. The tech that installed one for me would have to travel with me for about a week to teach me how to use it. Could come easy to me tho, being a former Bluehair. Oh and please continue with your posting your mods, a lot of read them, just bad about I have no response to that.

tom4bren
02/03/2010, 03:51 PM
Gussie, I think that's a great mod, especially for those that have cell phones and use them while driving. My problem is I'm so out of date on the techno stuff. The tech that installed one for me would have to travel with me for about a week to teach me how to use it. Could come easy to me tho, being a former Bluehair. Oh and please continue with your posting your mods, a lot of read them, just bad about I have no response to that.

Hey bean boy - good to know you recognize your limitations. Humor ain't one of them tho. I'm starting to think you could sell material to Jeff Dunham.

pbkid
02/03/2010, 05:07 PM
nice gussie... i have bluetooth in both of my cars and i love it. i get in my car. leave my phone in my pocket and i never miss calls because my music is too loud... :thumbup:

they are also great for safety, like you said. people spend a lot more time looking at their phone while driving than they think.

Gussie2000
02/03/2010, 07:32 PM
I have a Kenwood with Bluetooth,back up cam, Sirius sat. radio, Ipod connection,Garmin GPS, DVD player, with 7" touch screen. I love it well worth every penny!:thumbup:

Wow !
You got every thing in that baby :)

I never was a fan of the big screens though i most admit is best choice for sure.

When i went to purchase my new head unit my thoughts were to grab one of those 7" screens for my horse,but changed my mind.

erland
02/08/2010, 10:18 AM
It cost me a pretty penny to get the head unit to start with, I just happened to have the funds available when I needed to replace the stock deck. I now have over $7000.00 in electronics:freek:! I think I am done with the stereo now except maybe a custom speaker box.

Wow !
You got every thing in that baby :)

I never was a fan of the big screens though i most admit is best choice for sure.

When i went to purchase my new head unit my thoughts were to grab one of those 7" screens for my horse,but changed my mind.

Gussie2000
02/08/2010, 05:22 PM
It cost me a pretty penny to get the head unit to start with, I just happened to have the funds available when I needed to replace the stock deck. I now have over $7000.00 in electronics:freek:! I think I am done with the stereo now except maybe a custom speaker box.

What ?
No boom boom box in yet AFTER $ 7000 ?

Ok don't panic; I'll sale you mine boom boom for just $ 3.500 after mail-in-rebate :bgwb:

Deal ?

VXorado
02/08/2010, 06:52 PM

Thats what I like about the bluetooth stereo decks, the ear peice is such a hassle

erland
02/09/2010, 08:02 AM
What ?
No boom boom box in yet AFTER $ 7000 ?

Ok don't panic; I'll sale you mine boom boom for just $ 3.500 after mail-in-rebate :bgwb:

Deal ?

I have 2 kenwood 12" subs in a box, what I meant was a custom integrated box to maybe free up some space.

Gussie2000
02/09/2010, 04:21 PM
I have 2 kenwood 12" subs in a box, what I meant was a custom integrated box to maybe free up some space.

Alright !

That sounds fair enough !

I also got 2 12'' in mines

erland
02/09/2010, 04:28 PM
Alright !

That sounds fair enough !

I also got 2 12'' in mines

How many watts you runnin'? I have a Kenwood 1000 watt amp and a 1 farad capacitor.

Gussie2000
02/10/2010, 11:51 AM
How many watts you runnin'? I have a Kenwood 1000 watt amp and a 1 farad capacitor.

I running 4 kenwood speakers (3ways) each 250 watts.
Two subs ( 600 each ) & two amps ( 4 channels each ) with 550 watts & 3 farad capacitor

I have all speakers running on 1 of the amps & the two subs on the other.

pbkid
02/10/2010, 12:05 PM
Two subs ( 600 each ) & two amps ( 4 channels each ) with 550 watts & 3 farad capacitor

gussie. whats the RMS ratin on your amps, subs and speakers?

Gussie2000
02/10/2010, 02:42 PM
gussie. whats the RMS ratin on your amps, subs and speakers?

I got that info somewhere buddy.

I may have to crawl under the bed & pull all those user's manual out.

erland
02/10/2010, 04:24 PM

With that much power how are you keeping your doors from vibrating off?:_confused

Gussie2000
02/10/2010, 06:58 PM
With that much power how are you keeping your doors from vibrating off?:_confused

It's a good question erland.....

I just don't rock up the boom that high,my girl gets lil annoyed when i do.

I had the thoughts of dynamat the horse,but i don't have an enclosed garage,just an driveway to store the all the interior panels,floor carpet,head liner,seats etc to have that sort of job done plus my apartment is clogged with weekends,day sales items thanks to my girl. :(

pbkid
02/10/2010, 07:45 PM
ya, dynamat is really amazing stuff. definately worth the $$ if you have the time to do it yourself.

im just curious because RMS ratings are much more accurate and constant of a scale. generally peak rating are never reached and therefore are just advertising ploy's....

Gussie2000
02/11/2010, 07:37 AM
ya, dynamat is really amazing stuff. definately worth the $$ if you have the time to do it yourself.

im just curious because RMS ratings are much more accurate and constant of a scale. generally peak rating are never reached and therefore are just advertising ploy's....

You right about that pkid.

I always purchase audio stuff based on RMS.

I got all the manuals under my bed but man,it's scary to go there.

Anyways i need to get an old amp that i purchase couple of years ago to installed in my brother in law truck.