PDA

View Full Version : Hard Shifting on the 2-3

Joe C
08/13/2003, 07:44 AM
I've had an intermittant problem with my VX over the last week and a half. About every fourth time I've started it the trans. has been going into a mode where the 2-3 shift bangs on upshift and downshift. Turning the vehicle off and re-starting ususally clears the problem but this morning it took several re-starts. This thread (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1394)seems to detail the exact same tranny behavior, but I've had no blown fuses and checking the harness behind the headlight I find no shorts or abrasions. I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions as to what would be causing this problem. Thanks!

andy454
08/13/2003, 08:05 AM
Could be a problem with the trans mode switch. I would take it in and have the tech monitor the gears on the scanner. He can also monitor the difference between commanded and actual to see if the solenoid is sticking. I get a 2-1 clunk when coming to a stop, but I think most of us have that problem.

Anita
08/13/2003, 08:28 AM
Although I did have the problem with the wiring harness, it was the mode switch going out that caused my trans to shift HARD up and down.

As Andy recommended, after a scan of my VX's computer the switch needed to be replaced. My problem was intermittent as well. It acted up in the morning when I first started driving.

Joe C
08/13/2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the responses. Is the mode selector switch you guys are referring to the "power" switch on the center console?

Anita
08/13/2003, 01:34 PM
No.. the power switch is something separate and not at fault here. I have had my power switch on for most of the time I have owned the truck. It has created no problem.

I dont have knowledge of where the mode switch lies..but Im sure others here do.