PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't help but notice...

Ldub
01/16/2010, 03:51 AM
Some of y'all who have been Site Supporters in the past, have been demoted down to "super vx'r"...:confused:

I'm gonna quote Mr. Joe Dirt'e here & say...:smilewink

"That where ya wanna be when Jesus comes back?"...in a non S-S state of being?
(or "bean", iffin' yer name iz Handee...:laughing:)

Just thought I'd give y'all a friendly poke in the posterior to remind you how important it is to support the site that gives you SO much in return...:yesgray:

Of course, any of the new folk that have joined recently are welcome to kick in some jing as well...:naughty:

If you happen to notice there are no adverts to distract you from browsing the forums, it's because we're totally self supporting, & when we come up short at the end of the month?, the Boss has to pony up the difference out of his own pocket...not cool...:nogray:

Seriously...twenty bucks a year? A bargain at twice the price, I'd say...:yes:

Scott Harness
01/16/2010, 09:15 AM
Some of y'all who have been Site Supporters in the past, have been demoted down to "super vx'r"...:confused:

Seriously...twenty bucks a year? A bargain at twice the price, I'd say...:yes:

X2 I noticed that also...:confused::madb::bgwb: ps I love Joe Dirt

Gussie2000
01/17/2010, 06:17 AM
I guess it's time for me to support the cause this weekend. :yesgray:

Has been two years since i bought the horse & joined the forum;As far as today i still enjoy the pride of being a VX'er as i did since day 1 back in november,2007

:dan_ban::dance::dan_ban: :dance::dan_ban:

Ldub
01/17/2010, 06:24 AM
I guess it's time for me to support the cause this weekend. :yesgray:

Has been two years since i bought the horse & joined the forum;As far as today i still enjoy the pride of being a VX'er as i did since day 1 back in november,2007

:dan_ban::dance::dan_ban: :dance::dan_ban:

Way to go Gustavo!...:thumbup:

I knew you wouldn't remain a "super vx'r" for long...:yes:

handeeman
01/17/2010, 09:47 AM
Ok let's look at what your $20.00 Site Support gets you.

Contributions of $20.00 USD (Payable through PayPal) per year include these benefits:

Contributing Member title on postings to show your club support
E-Z picture post (Attachments)
Post polls
Post public and private events
Upload and use your own custom Avatar
Use thread ratings
Upload, use and view User Profile Pictures
Additional private messages (200 Message Max, up from 25)
View "who's Online"
Use user notes system
Compile "Buddy Lists" to keep track of your friends
100MB space to post your favorite photos in your very own gallery and other categories
Create albums in your gallery
VehiCROSS.info email with 5MB server space to use for email and/or your very own website (Upon Request)
Access to private forums
Participate in contest and win prizes! Plus much, much more!
You get all of the above for $20.00 U.S. a year.
Just having access to the info available here is worth a lot more than that.....so pitch in and keep "The Boss" from having to dip into his own pocket to provide all of this for you. Plus: members don't let your membership lapse....it keeps me from having to mail all those "Past Due Notices" and saves the postage....just kidding!

don moore
01/17/2010, 09:53 AM
Ok let's look at what your $20.00 Site Support gets you.

Contributions of $20.00 USD (Payable through PayPal) per year include these benefits:

Contributing Member title on postings to show your club support
E-Z picture post (Attachments)
Post polls
Post public and private events
Upload and use your own custom Avatar
Use thread ratings
Upload, use and view User Profile Pictures
Additional private messages (200 Message Max, up from 25)
View "who's Online"
Use user notes system
Compile "Buddy Lists" to keep track of your friends
100MB space to post your favorite photos in your very own gallery and other categories
Create albums in your gallery
VehiCROSS.info email with 5MB server space to use for email and/or your very own website (Upon Request)
Access to private forums
Participate in contest and win prizes! Plus much, much more!
You get all of the above for $20.00 U.S. a year.
Just having access to the info available here is worth a lot more than that.....so pitch in and keep "The Boss" from having to dip into his own pocket to provide all of this for you. Plus: members don't let your membership lapse....it keeps me from having to mail all those "Past Due Notices" and saves the postage....just kidding!

you forgot...AND MANY MORE....

VX KAT
01/17/2010, 09:59 AM
yeah, ya fergetted to mention all the endless entertainment and mindless dribble from Handito! priceless.... :thumbup:

vt_maverick
01/17/2010, 11:44 AM
Don't know where you're looking 'Dub, but I noticed from my own sig that you can't tell who's a supporter any more without viewing everyone's public profile. Think it had to do with the Bossman's last upgrade that got delayed...

tomdietrying
01/17/2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Dub.
I was one whose member lapse a couple of weeks ago. I just did PayPal three times but I don't think it took. I'll try again tonite.
Peace.
Tom

circmand
01/17/2010, 04:17 PM
the degree of support went missing last year sent an email and it was supposed to be fixed but was not yet done because of his illness.

Ldub
01/17/2010, 10:41 PM
Don't know where you're looking 'Dub, but I noticed from my own sig that you can't tell who's a supporter any more without viewing everyone's public profile.

It's a matter of looking at someone's username in any post...:smilewink

Username in bold gray/silver...site supporter

Username in blue, NOT in silver, with "super vxer, zoid, or anything else underneath...non supporting member

Also, their custom avitar goes away...:confusedw

Ldub
01/18/2010, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the reminder, Dub.
I was one whose member lapse a couple of weeks ago. I just did PayPal three times but I don't think it took. I'll try again tonite.
Peace.
Tom

Glad to see You back on board T-Man...:yes:

Two thumbs up, & a dancin' nanner to You my Friend!

:thumbup:.:dan_ban:.:thumbup:

nfpgasmask
01/18/2010, 08:35 AM
So wait, was the SS badge removed from below our names? I don't see anything under my name...or yours, Dub???

Did Scott just remove it in a "you know who you are" kinda fashion? If so, I musta missed that thread. :rolleyes:

Bart

Ldub
01/18/2010, 09:43 AM
So wait, was the SS badge removed from below our names? I don't see anything under my name...or yours, Dub???

Did Scott just remove it in a "you know who you are" kinda fashion? If so, I musta missed that thread. :rolleyes:

Bart

Sorta, but not exactly...:_thinking

As I understand it,the Boss was in the middle of restructuring the donations system, & had taken down the SS tags & disabled a couple of other things when he started having the headaches from hell.

It'll all be back to "normal only better" in due time...:yesgray:...:smilewink

vt_maverick
01/18/2010, 01:04 PM
It's a matter of looking at someone's username in any post...:smilewink

Username in bold gray/silver...site supporter

Username in blue, NOT in silver, with "super vxer, zoid, or anything else underneath...non supporting member

Also, their custom avitar goes away...:confusedw

There you go, learn something every day! :slap: :o

Gussie2000
01/18/2010, 05:01 PM
Way to go Gustavo!...:thumbup:

I knew you wouldn't remain a "super vx'r" for long...:yes:

That's right buddy !

I told one of my co-wrokers that i was about to add the "SS" on my VX....

His replay : Really ? Didn't had an idea Isuzu has an "SS" version just as chevrolet. :confused:

Ha ! i guess he has no clue what i meant ........ :p

PHO2GR4
01/20/2010, 10:18 AM
Hey all! I paid my $20 annual dues, but I'm not sure my 'membership' was renewed. I've got 47 PM's saved in my message box, and the site is telling me that my inbox is 100% full. I'm also not showing up on the sidebar as a 'latest supporter'. How can I check this out? The "contact us" button at the bottom of the site doesn't work anymore! :(

Moncha
01/20/2010, 10:42 AM
I was working on the system yesterday and as usual, there are some hick-ups. Those that had donated, and now don't show, be patient I'm trying to figure why stuff isn't show like it's supposed to. I have full records of who did what so I can go back if need be and make sure everything get back in order... I'll post as soon as I figure something out.

PHO2GR4
01/20/2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks, man! I know you've got more important things to do...I'll be patient. LDub, don't yell at me if I don't show up as a Site Supporter!!! I AM! ;)

vt_maverick
01/20/2010, 11:06 AM
Also my PM box shows up as 100% full, even after I dumped half my box. Assuming that has to do with the loss of site supporter status too...

No worries Bossman, we know you'll get it right. :thumbup:

crotchrocket
01/20/2010, 01:24 PM
I joined Jan 14th 09 and i am still a full member, Is that because i have made a couple of donations through the year?????? If so then thats not what they were for. can i just add some more money to the kitty for the next years membership ??????

Ldub
01/20/2010, 01:29 PM
LDub, don't yell at me if I don't show up as a Site Supporter!!! I AM! ;)

OK Eric...but I can't remember yelling at anyone...:_thinking
Your username is still in a lovely shade of silver...:thumbup:

I joined Jan 14th 09 and i am still a full member, Is that because i have made a couple of donations through the year?????? If so then thats not what they were for. can i just add some more money to the kitty for the next years membership ??????

You can send $$$ every week if you'd like...:smilewink...:laughing:

crotchrocket
01/20/2010, 01:33 PM
lol. Point taken........'gets out his purse'

tom4bren
01/20/2010, 01:51 PM

I think that if you make a donation, it restarts the clock on your 'year membership'.

Moncha
01/20/2010, 04:13 PM
I have everyone's status back to what they were as of yesterday, for those that were being downgraded. Not everyone had the problem so, if you didn't notice, you probably didn't have a prob.

A lot of times folks will accidentally click the non-subscription donation button full well meaning to create a subscription (An auto-renewing donation). When I get those, I usually will update the account to reflect the new date (renewal). The only time I don;t is when someone will add a message with instructions on what the money is for, saying that they meant to not create or renew a subscription.
The new system I'm working on will allow two (Maybe 3) levels of memberships (Subscriptions) and recognition for non-subscription Donations, leaving in an option for anonymous donations.

If I can get my stupid brain to work correctly again I'll not screw it up and should have it up and running soon.

don moore
01/20/2010, 11:44 PM
Hey how come Moncha gets a green one .........:_crying:lol

Moncha
01/21/2010, 09:34 AM
'cuz I didn't like purple :)

VX KAT
01/21/2010, 09:48 AM
'cuz I didn't like purple :)
Iz dat why yuz killed off all da purple smile icons?? :(

Moncha
01/21/2010, 09:54 AM
Naw, that was because the smilies were taking forever to load so, I pared them down a bit. I watched for a while and that color was one of the least used so...... http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0043.gif

VX KAT
01/21/2010, 10:01 AM
Naw, that was because the smilies were taking forever to load so, I pared them down a bit. I watched for a while and that color was one of the least used so...... http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0043.gif

oh, ya went all logical on me.....
:waag:......just one maybe???:?::heart: like this?? :bgwo:

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/winking/winking0042.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0003.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-mad-smileys.php)

tomdietrying
01/21/2010, 05:03 PM
Glad to see You back on board T-Man...:yes:

Two thumbs up, & a dancin' nanner to You my Friend!

:thumbup:.:dan_ban:.:thumbup:

I'm not back on board just yet. I don't think Pay-Pal is working on our site. I just bought my daughter something on Pay-Pal on another site, and it worked fine. I came here right afterwards, and it won't take the same password I just used on another site. What gives?
Peace.
Tom

Moncha
01/22/2010, 09:24 AM
We don't do the actual transaction from this site, it is forwarded to PayPal's site, so the password is being entered on PP's site. You should have no problem, unless they (PayPal) has problems. All I can say is, try again?

handeeman
01/22/2010, 10:01 AM
1. The new system I'm working on will allow two (Maybe 3) levels of memberships (Subscriptions) and recognition for non-subscription Donations, leaving in an option for anonymous donations.

2. If I can get my stupid brain to work correctly again I'll not screw it up and should have it up and running soon.

1. I sure hope the new levels of membership don't require any test. All of the other forums I tried to join kicked me out after the "Awaiting Confirmation" period. That's why I love this site so much, all I had to do was send my $20.00 and I was a full fledge supporting member. (subtle hint to non-supporters and gentle reminder to members with lapsed supporting member status).

2. Boss: just a note to check with T4B he has similar problems and is periodically able to over come them.

tom4bren
01/22/2010, 10:17 AM
1. I sure hope the new levels of membership don't require any test. All of the other forums I tried to join kicked me out after the "Awaiting Confirmation" period. That's why I love this site so much, all I had to do was send my $20.00 and I was a full fledge supporting member. (subtle hint to non-supporters and gentle reminder to members with lapsed supporting member status).

2. Boss: just a note to check with T4B he has similar problems and is periodically able to over come them.

But then I think of Handito & know that I am truely blessed with a fully functioning brain by comparison (might even be mistaken for a mental giant on that note).

handeeman
01/22/2010, 12:47 PM
But then I think of Handito & know that I am truely blessed with a fully functioning brain by comparison (might even be mistaken for a mental giant on that note).

I have been accused of being mental, but I've never heard "giant" in the same sentence. (I'm only about 5'9").

And to think, I get all this and actual VX knowledge for $20.00U.S. a year.
I almost feel guilty.

Ldub
01/30/2010, 12:46 AM
Looks like we made our monthly goal...:dance:

WELL DONE !!! to all those who made it happen...:thumbup:.:_beer:.:dance::dan_ban::dance: .:_beer:.:thumbup: