PDA

View Full Version : Tucson, Here we come.

CrnCnn
01/15/2010, 09:53 AM
Cari and I decided to move back to Tucson. I just got an offer for a job and I took it.

We will be driving down the 30th.

Neither one of us can wait to be closer to family again.

Can't wait to meet all the Tucson VX'ers!!

Triathlete
01/15/2010, 09:57 AM
Welcome back! I plan on throwing something together in the spring...thinking the Gap!:bwgy:

tomdietrying
01/15/2010, 09:59 AM
Congratulations on the job! Sounds like a win/win for you.
Peace.
Tom

circmand
01/15/2010, 10:33 AM
Cari and I decided to move back to Tucson. I just got an offer for a job and I took it.

If so we can meet up for lunch or something. If you do not know BHC its next to Laughlin on the river

CrnCnn
01/15/2010, 11:07 AM
Welcome back! I plan on throwing something together in the spring...thinking the Gap!:bwgy:

Sounds good.

Congratulations on the job! Sounds like a win/win for you.
Peace.
Tom

Definitely a win/win. I will make the same pay as I am here in a lower position so there is lots of opportunity for advancement.

If so we can meet up for lunch or something. If you do not know BHC its next to Laughlin on the river

We usually go through Vegas. Plus we will have three cats and our dog with us. I will let you know what we decide tho.

I am looking forward to it. We both grew up in AZ. I grew up in Tucson and she grew up in oracle until she was 10 or so.

Hopefully Cari finds something fast. I am sure she will since she is in the medical field.

CANT WAIT!!!

VX KAT
01/15/2010, 11:12 AM
Man, that's great to hear, sounds like you're real happy about it, congrats! If you're heading down 17 by Prescott give me a shout!

Triathlete
01/15/2010, 11:17 AM
What area of town you heading to?

Scott Harness
01/15/2010, 11:52 AM
Congrats!! and good luck! :yeso:

CrnCnn
01/15/2010, 12:36 PM
Man, that's great to hear, sounds like you're real happy about it, congrats! If you're heading down 17 by Prescott give me a shout!

So happy!

What area of town you heading to?

Well, the job is at Valencia and Country Club. I will be staying with my dad for a couple months near Golf Links and Wilmot. After that I am not sure. I would like to stay on that side cause that's where I grew up.

Congrats!! and good luck! :yeso:

Thank you, Sir

ZEUS
01/15/2010, 01:22 PM
Congrats Clint! Wish you and Cari the best!
Sidenote: Ever seen Hamlet 2? :D

CrnCnn
01/15/2010, 01:43 PM
Congrats Clint! Wish you and Cari the best!
Sidenote: Ever seen Hamlet 2? :D

Thank you, sir. Nope, never seen it.

ZEUS
01/15/2010, 02:27 PM
Well you may want to wait until a time when you leave Tucson again then. It's only funny to those not in Tucson, I hear...

tom4bren
01/15/2010, 03:15 PM
Grats:)

Triathlete
01/15/2010, 04:21 PM
Sounds like you will be working near the airport. Thats about 2 blocks from my winter pool and 20 minutes from my place (I am on the far southwest side).

Ldub
01/16/2010, 01:45 AM
Grats on the new job Clint...:thumbup:

CrnCnn
01/18/2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks Tom
Thanks Dub

Billy - Yea I think its near the airport. I used to work at a junk yard on Ajo and country club. Not the best part of town but it wasnt horrible.

nfpgasmask
01/18/2010, 08:31 AM
Good luck, Clint.

Bart

CrnCnn
01/18/2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks, Bart. I appreciate it.

Triathlete
01/18/2010, 12:20 PM
I used to work at a junk yard on Ajo and country club. Not the best part of town but it wasnt horrible.

I graduated from Sunnyside! Though way back then it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. I currently can see the mission from my house. Who are you going to be working for down here? To bad your not arriving till the 30th. A group of us are going out to Chivo Falls on the 30th.

crotchrocket
01/18/2010, 12:38 PM

Not quite what i thought when i read the thread title, thought you might be having a mid life crisis, lol :D

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u355/jdmcbride3/TVR-TuscanConvertible.jpg

CrnCnn
01/18/2010, 12:45 PM
I graduated from Sunnyside! Though way back then it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. I currently can see the mission from my house. Who are you going to be working for down here? To bad your not arriving till the 30th. A group of us are going out to Chivo Falls on the 30th.

I graduated from Palo Verde. My wife graduated from Catalina. I will be with Zygo (http://zygo.com/). I have been on the trail to the Falls before, never made it the whole way tho. We were in my friends 76 F150 and his transfer case wouldn't stay in gear. I had to ride the whole way with my foot holding the lever. Plus we were hungover like crazy cause it was a weekend party kind of thing and it was HOT that day. When I lived in Tucson the only 4wheeling I did was playing in the mud on the outskirts of town in my wrangler. I never really did any wheeling until I got the VX.

Triathlete
01/18/2010, 01:42 PM
Most of those "outskirts" probably aren't outskirts any more! Chivo is a fun little trail and you don't have to travel to far. Makes a nice day trip. The "falls" however are hit and miss...if they are flowing they are awesome, if not they are usually bone dry but still a fun trip!

CrnCnn
01/18/2010, 01:43 PM
Life has not been that great or that horrible here in Reno. I have met lots of interesting people and spent time with several. I am going to miss them and part of me wishes that I were still friends with some of them.

I am completely to blame for one friendship being ruined, most definitely. I regret that one the most. The others were more that people showed their true colors and I just had to walk away. I cannot comprehend the actions of some people, but at the same time it shows me how different we all are and I know that people feel the same about me.

I moved to Reno in 2001 because my life was going nowhere in Tucson. I had debt that I wasn’t paying. I was living in my parents house that was about to be sold. I made about $9/hr and couldn’t do anything with my money but buy fast food, feed my dog and drink tequila. I was given a chance to move to Reno and grow up. I did grow in some sense. I realized how much I loved Cari and was also given a chance to grow the relationship that I would not have done in Tucson. I was able to go to school, earn a degree and get a job where I could apply what I learned in real life. Learn a little bit about the value of a dollar and debt. I love Reno and wish that some things would have gone different for us.

I am very scared, nervous, sad and excited to leave and begin a new life in Tucson. I don’t want to get any notions that things will be the same as they were when I left because I know they won’t be. Friends have moved on and started new relationships. So we will be the outsiders. I am simply tired of living in an apartment and at my desk. I need more in my life, like when I had friends to do things with here. We will be spending a lot of time with family and I need to get to know my father before its too late. He didn’t make a lot of effort when I was a kid but he is still my dad and I know I will completely regret it if I don’t take this chance.

Ldub
01/18/2010, 10:51 PM
I need more in my life, like when I had friends to do things with here. We will be spending a lot of time with family and I need to get to know my father before its too late. He didn’t make a lot of effort when I was a kid but he is still my dad and I know I will completely regret it if I don’t take this chance.

Good call Clint...:yes: :thumbup: It might be tough for a while, but in the long run, you'll be glad you did.

When I moved back to the mainland in 93', I had all of the same mixed feelings, with the addition of huge cultural & climate changes.
It was one of the best decisions I've ever made, though at the time I had a lot of "WTF WAS I THINKING?" thoughts running through my head.
I moved from sunny Hawaii, directly into one of the most severe winters on record. On top of that, I stayed with my parents for the first month or two.

It was NOT an easy adjustment.

On the plus side, I got to spend the remaining years of my fathers life getting to know him better, rekindled old friendships that had been sorely neglected, & pulled my personal life into a more manageable state.

You & Cari are gonna do fine...:thumbup:...:luck:

CrnCnn
01/19/2010, 06:51 AM
Most of those "outskirts" probably aren't outskirts any more! Chivo is a fun little trail and you don't have to travel to far. Makes a nice day trip. The "falls" however are hit and miss...if they are flowing they are awesome, if not they are usually bone dry but still a fun trip!

I was there in May after not being for a visit in two years, just the changes in town were crazy. I cant imagine what the rest has for me to see. I used to drive around alot to clear my head and think about things and I saw alot of the city I hadnt seen growing up on the east side.

Good call Clint...:yes: :thumbup: It might be tough for a while, but in the long run, you'll be glad you did.

When I moved back to the mainland in 93', I had all of the same mixed feelings, with the addition of huge cultural & climate changes.
It was one of the best decisions I've ever made, though at the time I had a lot of "WTF WAS I THINKING?" thoughts running through my head.
I moved from sunny Hawaii, directly into one of the most severe winters on record. On top of that, I stayed with my parents for the first month or two.

It was NOT an easy adjustment.

On the plus side, I got to spend the remaining years of my fathers life getting to know him better, rekindled old friendships that had been sorely neglected, & pulled my personal life into a more manageable state.

You & Cari are gonna do fine...:thumbup:...:luck:

Thanks Dub. I am definitely nervous about staying with him for a couple months. I haven't stayed around him more than four hours since I was 15. Him and his wife are smokers to boot... ;puke: But his place is the only one we can go to with our animals until we get our own place.

Triathlete
01/19/2010, 12:19 PM
I moved from sunny Hawaii,

Ah, that explains the laid back attitude!:thumbup:

CrnCnn
01/27/2010, 09:27 AM
Saturday is the big day... woohoo.

Billy, Be careful on your trip. I have been watching the weather down there.

tom4bren
01/27/2010, 10:40 AM
House warming gift should be waiting on you to arrive at Dad's house. Have a safe trip.

CrnCnn
01/27/2010, 12:23 PM
House warming gift should be waiting on you to arrive at Dad's house. Have a safe trip.

Thank you kind sir.

Triathlete
01/27/2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks, the weather has improved back to normal.

You make sure and drive safe...you will probably be heading through a few of the spots that were hit HEAVY with snow.

CrnCnn
01/28/2010, 07:51 AM
We are going to come down through Vegas and across the Hoover and I am not sure if Kingman got hit hard or not, I will have to look, I am not familiar with their weather. I thought that typically they are warm, but I have been wrong many times before.

Triathlete
01/28/2010, 09:56 AM
You should be safe with that route. Most of the worst stuff was the Flagstaff area and east of there.

I ordered up some nice weather for your arrival...mid 60's and sunny on Saturday!

CrnCnn
01/29/2010, 07:35 AM
Sweet I like warmth...

One more day of work. Leave first thing in the morning. WOOHOOO.

Start my new job on Monday, I cant wait.

circmand
01/29/2010, 07:51 AM
BTW they are still doing a lot of work on that stretch of road from the Dam to mile marker 17. They are currently doing blasting and pavins so expect some delays.

CrnCnn
01/29/2010, 08:15 AM
BTW they are still doing a lot of work on that stretch of road from the Dam to mile marker 17. They are currently doing blasting and pavins so expect some delays.

It will be nice when that bridge and what not is done. I hope that by the time we get there we should flow through OK.

Mile High VX
01/29/2010, 04:12 PM
My wife's twin sister lives in Kingman and all is good there. Sunny and 68 there today.

Travel safe.

Triathlete
02/01/2010, 07:33 AM
Hope you made it here safely and are enjoying the warm Tucson winter sun!:bwgy: