PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Techy-D on Vx #2

JGeorge264
01/09/2010, 06:42 PM
Techy-D is now the proud owner of "Stubby". I'm really happy to see him go to a forum family member, it makes it easier to part with that way. Plus it keeps him local so maybe our paths will cross now and then.
I'll miss Stubby but maybe someday I'll get another vx. I'll still be stopping in here for my daily dose of the LDub, Handee and T4B comedy club. You guys make me laugh!

Oh, and Techy,, I'll understand if you feel the need to remove the "Dune Princess" sticker off the rear window.:laughing::luck::dance::LineWave:

Techy-D
01/09/2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks for trusting me with your VX, I'll make you proud (I'm already getting Re-Inspired). It's perfect timing, and everything just came together (Must be a God thing!). I'll be nursing it back to health, and ... Yeah, that Princess sticker may get retired. Who knows, Someday, I may even get it another dune princess (for the passengers seat, of course!). ;)

I haven't been able to use the web at work for quite a while and I've had plenty of things to do in the evenings, but things have changed a bit and I'll get to be on here a bit more often. I see there are about 500million posts to read, so I'm a bit behind the times. I'll be catching up as I find the time.
I appologize already for the puns and wacky comments I'm about to leave on some of your threads. :)

handeeman
01/11/2010, 07:51 AM
Techy-D is now the proud owner of "Stubby". I'm really happy to see him go to a forum family member, it makes it easier to part with that way. Plus it keeps him local so maybe our paths will cross now and then.
I'll miss Stubby but maybe someday I'll get another vx. I'll still be stopping in here for my daily dose of the LDub, Handee and T4B comedy club. You guys make me laugh!

Oh, and Techy,, I'll understand if you feel the need to remove the "Dune Princess" sticker off the rear window.:laughing::luck::dance::LineWave:

Nice to know it's (stubby) is stayin in the family. Also nice to know you'll be stopping by...I don't know why T4B is the way he is, (dub and I just try to keep him on subject) he's sooooo weird.

tom4bren
01/12/2010, 08:30 AM
WARNING!!!

I've not been online in 4 days so Handee's WAAAAY outta hand & suffering from delusions of grandeur. His days of unrequitted humor at my expense are at an end.

handeeman
01/12/2010, 11:42 AM
WARNING!!!

I've not been online in 4 days so Handee's WAAAAY outta hand & suffering from delusions of grandeur. His days of unrequitted humor at my expense are at an end.

Hum.....gone 4 days and 1st post :ot:
I will admit to suffering from illusions of Grand Marnier at times.
However, I don't believe I've ever said anything unrequitted even when someone blasted me because of my attempted humor at no charge to them.

tom4bren
01/12/2010, 01:02 PM
Hum.....gone 4 days and 1st post :ot:
I will admit to suffering from illusions of Grand Marnier at times.
However, I don't believe I've ever said anything unrequitted even when someone blasted me because of my attempted humor at no charge to them.

Bein senile ain't no excuse.

handeeman
01/12/2010, 01:36 PM
Bein senile ain't no excuse.

For what?

Oh and on topic....Good to have ya stubby.

don moore
01/17/2010, 09:55 AM
must be a Florida thing.......:work:

Techy-D
01/18/2010, 04:04 PM
Looks like my old VX is Jealous. It's already chewed through a break pad "in retaliation". I spent some time in the rain doing the repairs (Had to get the rotor turned, but saved it), and got new rear pads. On the plus side, I've really enjoyed having 2 units side by side for some trouble shooting/parts swapping on my new rig! Best of all I drove my new rig while working on the old one!!! I still have a couple more fluids to change and then it'll be time to hunt down some electrical issues. All in all, going good, and learning some new tricks. :_wrench::_steering:thumbup:

JGeorge264
01/18/2010, 04:14 PM
Glad things are going well and your old rig is retaliating instead of the new one. lol Have you had a chance to look at anything on the tranny yet? I hope you find its something much less painful than needing a rebuild. Which one are you having electrical issues with? I miss the vx alot but it sounds like he found a good home. Did your co-workers notice the color change?

Techy-D
01/18/2010, 04:27 PM
Glad things are going well and your old rig is retaliating instead of the new one. lol Have you had a chance to look at anything on the tranny yet? I hope you find its something much less painful than needing a rebuild. Which one are you having electrical issues with? I miss the vx alot but it sounds like he found a good home. Did your co-workers notice the color change?

Ha! I've had fun, because some people have given me some strange looks and asked if I repainted/got new/wasn't it Silver??? ... I tell them that my Cloaking device is on the fritz. :smilewink I never knew so many people were paying attention. Oh, and the "dune princess" sticker got me a lot of ribbing (It came off this weekend, when I had the chance). The new one has the electrical issues (I'm guessing a bad ground somewhere causes some of the dash lights/gauges to twinkle/jump sometimes). I'm hoping it's part to blame for the tranny issues??? I've done a bit of tranny checking, but don't know much yet (It definitly needs a fluid change - due to the slipping I'm sure). For now, I'll minimize the driving of it till I can do more research, but it still gets around pretty good. I'm totally happy!

JGeorge264
01/18/2010, 04:38 PM
Hmmm the dash light guages thing is something new. It wasn't doing that when I was still driving it. Wonder if it could be caused by sitting for those 4 months. I previously had electrical issues - very strange random stuff - that all went away with the new battery. That was over a yr ago. That would be great if you could find something electrical thats triggering the tranny issues. I won't even feel bad if it's something easy and stupid cuzz we just didn't have the time or (I should say - my other half- didn't have the time, or know how, or want to, to really invest much into it.) Good Luck and let me know what you find.

Jody

Techy-D
01/20/2010, 10:04 PM
I belive my old rig has now accepted the new one. :yesgray:

I mentioned swapping some parts for testing purposes, well it had an interesting effect. After running my new rig a couple days (while working on the brakes of VX#1), I put the idle control solenoid back in my old rig and started using it again (Note to self: Get another one, so I don't have to swap). It's been 4 days now and no error codes. I use to get a momentary lean code almost every day (Just been clearing them with the scan gauge & blaming it on the alcohol in the fuel). I can't say I know it's fixed, but this is the longest string of good behavior I've seen in over a year!!!

I've had a little time to check a few electrical things, but nothing much yet. I'll let you know when I figure it out. If it's something big, then it's something big, but I'm guessing it's a lot of little things. At least that's what I'm working on first! ;)

Techy-D
02/02/2010, 10:19 PM
Latest update, if anyone is interested. I've pulled the dash and console apart and so far got the cruise control and rear defroster going!!! Ye-Ha!!!

I found some old french fries, dog hair, and gold fish, not sure what the stickey stuff was? I've decided to detail as I go, so even if I don't fix it all right away, it'll look great! :smilewink

I've gotten deeper into the shop manual (something I should have made time for long ago), and having a great time!

JGeorge264
02/03/2010, 09:52 AM
Dang, you'd of thought the dog would have gotten rid of the french fries and gold fish's.. lol You got the cruise control light to go out? That and the rear defrost never worked the whole 6 yrs I had it.
(sorry bout the dog hair, fries and fish)

Techy-D
02/03/2010, 08:19 PM
Dang, you'd of thought the dog would have gotten rid of the french fries and gold fish's.. lol You got the cruise control light to go out? That and the rear defrost never worked the whole 6 yrs I had it.
(sorry bout the dog hair, fries and fish)

Yep, got that pesky light to behave and the defroster working to boot!
Each time I can fix something it spurs me on... Either that or the new found energy found by nibbling on the fishies & fries. :smilewink (Note: No fries, fishies, or fur, were actually eaten in the repair or cleanup of said VX)