PDA

View Full Version : Is this compatible and worth it?

Marlin
01/08/2010, 01:00 PM
I just came across this, should I run and get it? Pretty sure it fits?

http://charleston.craigslist.org/pts/1531221798.html

Knivx
01/08/2010, 01:21 PM
Wasn't the axiom Direct injection at one point or something? Not sure if that'd make any difference but something to look into more and consider. I guess if ya got the money might as well pick it up and you could always resell it or even trade for one that does fit down the road.

vt_maverick
01/08/2010, 01:30 PM
2002 is just fine - iamironman put a 2002 in his VX, and Axiom's didn't get DI until 2004.

Marlin
01/08/2010, 02:12 PM
Gonna call tomorrow and go get it, the sensors alone should be worth that much. Try for $75:)

Triathlete
01/08/2010, 02:42 PM
Worst that could happen is it don't work and you put it up for resale to an Axiom owner (on the Planet).

Marlin
01/08/2010, 05:14 PM
It will be mine tomorrow and I will clean it up. Never know when the VX is gonna puke something up. I will also have an extra tranny soon, my VX comes out of the shop sometime next week, and I get to keep the original tranny, no core turn in. So I can have it rebuilt at my leisure as needed.

Triathlete
01/08/2010, 05:20 PM
Better yet, rebuild it yourself and learn to do it...if you mess up, what are you out?:bwgy:

johnnyapollo
01/09/2010, 03:29 AM
I ended up paying about $50 for mine (came from a slightly earlier model Trooper - a 3.2 I think - so I couldn't use it - the opening for the intake is smaller) - that one should be fine though. You're basically buying a used MAF and getting the extra fuel rail, 6 injectors and FPR for free (price an injector and you'll see you're doing well) - not to mention the extra manifold itself...

-- John

Marlin
01/09/2010, 04:57 AM
Better yet, rebuild it yourself and learn to do it...if you mess up, what are you out?:bwgy:

That is possible, but the rebuild kit is not free, and if I need a tranny and I screw this one up, now I need to buy a new one again, as well as the labor for install and removal.

I ended up paying about $50 for mine (came from a slightly earlier model Trooper - a 3.2 I think - so I couldn't use it - the opening for the intake is smaller) - that one should be fine though. You're basically buying a used MAF and getting the extra fuel rail, 6 injectors and FPR for free (price an injector and you'll see you're doing well) - not to mention the extra manifold itself...

That is what I was thinking, I will let you guys know when I pick it up, the lister hasn't responded as of yet. I asked if he had any other parts off the axiom. It would be nice to get some other stuff, starter, AC compressor (I think is the same as the trooper, so I know how to work that out), alternator and so on.
-- John

ZubrAZ
01/09/2010, 09:33 AM
im about 40% done with my engine overhaul (spunned bearing as well) - if anybody interested, I could sell the whole bklown engine instead of taking it to scrap metal. and 40% complete hopefully will turn to 100% by monday morning