PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning, Guys With Guns...

ZEUS
01/05/2010, 11:28 AM
So imagine my surprise as I let the dog out after waking up this morning and having to greet a SWAT team of 6 on my front lawn! They more or less established my property as a pseudo safe zone. 3 SWAT teams were actually in the area and they kept rotating positions. As they evacuated people out of their homes they would bring them to my place and interview them. Across the street were 2 snipers on a porch honed in on one house. I had no idea what the Hell was going on so I asked one swattie about the situation. He told me a guy had barricaded himself in a house. I saw a orange Corvette I had never seen before 3 houses away. And then the SWAT car pulled alongside it... A few minutes later, I mentioned I needed to go to work. Reply, "Is that your... car? :) Go ahead, we'll cover you." NOW THAT'S an interesting way to leave for work! Then my VX was checked over as I left the nearest barricade. I counted upwards of 35 police vehicles and heard 150 officers were in my neighborhood...

Here's the updated story: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705356263,00.html

So... a sincere thanks to all law-enforcment officers out there for putting themselves in harm's way for the rest of us. My lawn is your lawn, but it may be time to move... :(

JAMAS
01/05/2010, 11:35 AM
Go ahead, we'll cover you.

Yeah...I would say that its time to find a new neighborhood.

handeeman
01/05/2010, 11:45 AM
Dang Dr., what a way to wake up. Like ya say tho, it's nice to know those guys are around.
Once I was attending a meeting in Monterey, Cal., and about 2 a.m. I was awaken to someone banging on my door. I was really P.O.'d, I figured it was some of our guys (drunk) wanting me to come party with them. I slipped on my jeans and jerked the door open. It was a fireman in full mask and oxygen telling me to please exit the building as it was on fire.

ZEUS
01/05/2010, 12:25 PM
The bad thing is I know how bad my neighborhood is so I always have my shotgun loaded. Had I been a few seconds later in going to the door Menace would have been barking like crazy and I would have seen thru my window, silhouettes of people very near my house. I could have easily opened my door with shotty in hand and then been blasted...

Hey... I hear you wishing out there... :P

Marlin
01/05/2010, 12:52 PM
The bad thing is I know how bad my neighborhood is so I always have my shotgun loaded. Had I been a few seconds later in going to the door Menace would have been barking like crazy and I would have seen thru my window, silhouettes of people very near my house. I could have easily opened my door with shotty in hand and then been blasted...

Hey... I hear you wishing out there... :P

I dont wish you any ill will, the jeep maybe...but not you.:p

nfpgasmask
01/05/2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah...I would say that its time to find a new neighborhood.

x2

:eek: Bart

VX KAT
01/05/2010, 07:19 PM
Holy crapola !! :freek: That'll wake ya up!....and keep ya up too!

VXIRONwoMAN
01/05/2010, 09:17 PM
And I thought Chicago was bad... :winky:

taylorRichie
01/06/2010, 07:25 AM
Yeah Delta... wheew... You guys do not want to mess with delta. I'll drive 50 miles out of my way to avoid delta...

Dangerous place... dangerous.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&um=1&sa=1&q=little+sahara+utah&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g3&start=0

That's way crazy though!! So I'm assuming the man hunt carried on to Salt lake? You in west valley?

ZEUS
01/06/2010, 12:00 PM
I'm in SLC. West side YEA-YEA! :rollo: I'm just west of downtown, north of West Valley. Rumor has it the neighborhood is on the upward swing! :o It is a strange story tho. The guy who shot the lady cop is the same guy who sold drugs to her brother just beforehand. The Vette and Caddy in question were owned by one guy but not the murderer. They switched plates and the Vette was driven north while the Caddy must have gone south. GPS cell phone tracking led the cops to my street where the Vette was parked. They searched a couple homes in the neighborhood and thought he was in a shed so they gassed it. Turns out they found him this morning in a different shed in Beaver, Utah - southern Utah. Miles and miles from here. They got the 2nd guy too somewhere.

I learned something new though... if you wake up to SWAT teams you go to bed with news crews. I wanted to ask out the correspondent but she was scared of my dog... and my neighborhood. :bgwo:

handeeman
01/06/2010, 12:17 PM
I learned something new though... if you wake up to SWAT teams you go to bed with news crews. I wanted to ask out the correspondent but she was scared of my dog... and my neighborhood. :bgwo:

I might woulda offered to move if she was really hot, but she'da had to learn to love the dog.

nfpgasmask
01/06/2010, 12:30 PM
Scared of Menace? C'mon!?

:) Bart

ZEUS
01/06/2010, 02:54 PM
Menace was wearing his metal pinch collar and it was dark - looks like a bruiser that way. He always gets REALLY excited about going for a walk so he was bouncing around all crazy. He is getting sneaky about jumping up on his hind legs and giving people kisses on the cheek... ;)

Ldub
01/06/2010, 04:46 PM
He is getting sneaky about jumping up on his hind legs and giving people kisses on the cheek... ;)

Just like his Daddy...:mbrasd:

All kidding aside, glad you're OK Homie...:yesgray:

ZEUS
01/06/2010, 04:56 PM
Just like his Daddy...:mbrasd:

All kidding aside, glad you're OK Homie...:yesgray:HAHA! I almost said that myself, Dub! My latest trick is ___ ___ and then ___ ___ and then ___ ___ on the hood of a Taurus! :)

Ldub
01/06/2010, 04:59 PM
HAHA! I almost said that myself, Dub! My latest trick is ___ ___ and then ___ ___ and then ___ ___ on the hood of a Taurus! :)

What scares me is...I think I got most of that.