PDA

View Full Version : Boring Personal Updates

Leah
01/01/2010, 03:11 PM
As some of you know, I've been going through the long, painful, seemingly-endless divorce process since February of last year. Handeeman has kept me updated on important information and if not for him, I would be in the dark. I sincerely hope that Scott is doing better and that his family is doing well. I hope everyone here is having success in their lives.

On a lighter note, before the divorce started, I had - in my name and possession - a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, which I adored. I had shopped long and hard for it and paid below market value because the owners were desperate to get out from under the financial burden. It had 23K miles on it and I got it for $20K in December of 07. Once the divorce started, I realized that I had to choose between my beloved VX (sporting over 140K miles) and the FJ. Since I am here, posting on this site, you can guess which one I chose. :) I'm not sure if I'm crazy or brilliant, but my VX is #46 off the line in 1999, and that FJ is just one of many thousands. One of the things that actually played a part in my choice was this website and all of you. I mean, how many other vehicles have a group of friends willing and eager to help each other at no cost? How many other vehicles have a following of people who worry about their cyber friends to the point of noticing when they're missing from the forum? (Thank you, Mike!) I know of at least one occassion where money was raised and parts gathered for one friend here whose VX was on the verge of being sold due to financial difficulties. How many other vehicle groups would care that much?

You are an amazing group of people. Your creative ways of helping one another and encouraging each other would never have come together in one place if not for this unique vehicle. Thank you Scott for making this site where we can all meet and share and have fun. And thanks to each of you for your help, inspiration and efforts in making this site the place to be to get help and enjoy

Hugs to Tone's family.

Your friend,
Leah

ZEUS
01/01/2010, 03:16 PM
WooHoo! Well said Lil Lady Leah! Glad to have you... er, back, er here still... whatever the case I applaud your decision - FJ's are ugly! ;)

Leah
01/01/2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks Zeus!

VX crazy
01/01/2010, 03:31 PM
Leah sorry about everything! Its a new year! :o

Leah
01/01/2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks, VX crazy! :)

Gussie2000
01/01/2010, 04:49 PM
As you walk through the path things just keep getting better for you leah.

You did the right thing,the VX is unique as well as you. :grino:

happy 2010 !

handeeman
01/02/2010, 08:44 AM
Seeing this post made my New Year start off even better (big smile here).

Besides maybe one of our members will be nicer to their elders knowing our Sunday School teacher is looking over their shoulder. (inside joke Leah, one of our members is a ninnyhammer, it'd take you a year of reading to catch up on that).

Oh and I think you nailed what makes this family unique... exactly.
You were missed and it's nice to read your voice again...

Scott Harness
01/02/2010, 12:54 PM
Bring in the Love with the New Year!!:heart::heart::heart: Thanks guys and gals!

SlowPro48
01/02/2010, 01:30 PM
Ninnyhammer?! Listen here, Pooh-Boy, do you want me to come down there and stomp yer *** right now or do you want me to wait a few months until I'm leaner and meaner due to my New Year's Resolution to get... uhhh... leaner and meaner?:bgwb::bgwb::bgwb:

Leah, Handeeman is right - you hit the nail on the head - at least as far as my VX ownership and this site are concerned. I would have sold mine long ago if it weren't for this site. Don't get me wrong - I love my VX - and so far, fortunately, it has been BY FAR the most trouble free vehicle I've ever owned - but it is also the most impractical vehicle I've ever owned and I'm reminded of that almost daily whenever I have more than one passenger, need to bring something home from Home Depot, etc. There are plenty of boring, common, nondescript vehicles out there that would serve my purposes much better - BUT -I take great comfort in knowing I can ride around in a unique vehicle like the VX because there is a group of fanatics just a mouse click away who can help me if things go wrong. So - many, many thanks to Scott for this site and Scott I pray for improved health for you in the new year. For Leah - I pray for peace of mind. For everybody else - much happy VXing!

nfpgasmask
01/02/2010, 02:21 PM
Glad you chose the VX over the FJ! The FJ is just a CARtoon version of the
H3 anyhow! :laughing:

All the best,

Bart

tomdietrying
01/02/2010, 02:29 PM
Leah, Glad your still with us.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
uhhhhhhh, how much for the ugly FJ?:bwgy:

Pghachey
01/02/2010, 02:55 PM
Hey guys and gals,
Just really don't know what to say, since it's been forever since I posted. Missed reading about everyone and hearing stories and remedies from everyone. Just had enough other things going on that I just had to take a leave of absence.
Anyway, It's good to be back and I will make time to catch-up on how everyone's doing. Only 530+ unread posts to go. :winko:

Happy New Year!

Paul

Pghachey
01/02/2010, 03:00 PM
Hey guys and gals,
Just really don't know what to say, since it's been forever since I posted. Missed reading about everyone and hearing stories and remedies from everyone. Just had enough other things going on that I just had to take a leave of absence.
Anyway, It's good to be back and I will make time to catch-up on how everyone's doing. Only 530+ unread posts to go. :winko:

Happy New Year!

Paul

tom4bren
01/04/2010, 06:57 AM
As some of you know, I've been going through the long, painful, seemingly-endless divorce process since February of last year.

Since I am here, posting on this site, you can guess which one I chose. :)

Leah - I'm sure that more than a few members can relate to a messy divorce. Mine took over 10 years & was VERY painful. The good news is that you WILL end up in a much better situation when all is said & done.

Grats on keeping the VX & happy that you're still in the family.

Tom

Ldub
01/04/2010, 07:04 AM
Welcome Back To You Both...:dance:

I have high hopes that 2010 will be better for us all!...:dan_ban: