PDA

View Full Version : Austin Tech Meet 1/16/10 12noon

VX crazy
01/01/2010, 11:19 AM
Noon Meeting at Steves house and I will bring food for the grill and IF the weather is bad we will decide a backup the day before. Wheel Bearings are the plan for the day and stainless brakelines for Julian. Bring your own beverage!

VX crazy
01/02/2010, 08:50 AM
Jay, whats your advice, I was flip flopping in bed last night thinking about all this.....is it going to be pure madeness to rip apart 3 different VX's at the same time? LOL I am wondering if we should all just do one at a time, and because of tool issues.....we cant all use the compressor at the same time?

JULIAN911
01/02/2010, 08:57 AM
I shouldn't have to use any air tools at all. Hey Jay, mine should be quick right because we can do the brakelines with the wheels in place and on the ground? how much brake fluid should I buy?

VX crazy
01/02/2010, 02:14 PM
Julian yours will be quick, get the bigger size of brake fluid....that will be enough to flush and fill after new lines.

tomdietrying
01/02/2010, 02:33 PM
Lisa, what kind of work is everyone doing on their VX?
Peace.
Tom

JULIAN911
01/05/2010, 08:50 PM
I've contacted Ollie with the Photon VX and his initial response is that he would love to join us. I've asked Ollie to RSVP so we know the headcount.

VX crazy
01/13/2010, 10:37 AM
I am bringing the impact driver and the packing tool......and food! Should be a good day for doing this!

Scott Harness
01/13/2010, 11:12 AM
Well...I was planning on coming down,but now I have Ray Wylie Hubbard tickets.
that will make for a long day!
Lisa, your a fan aren't you?
Didn't you guys wear "F U we're from Texas" shirts to the first VX Moab

VX crazy
01/13/2010, 11:20 AM
Well...I was planning on coming down,but now I have Ray Wylie Hubbard tickets.
that will make for a long day!
Lisa, your a fan aren't you?
Didn't you guys wear "F U we're from Texas" shirts to the first VX Moab

That would be a long day fo sho! I have heard of him but I am bad at figuring out what he sings, did the shirts because of the saying alone....LOL and it was my first Moab in 2003 and I have the hat too!

I hope everyone that IS coming posts that they are because I am bringing food to grill out and want to be sure I get enough!

Maybe next time Scott! I have a friend that has a band and will be playing at the House Of Blues up there in Dallas in March, I said I would bring a LOAD of people, depending on the date....but its at blues band with a rocker edge....

Scott Harness
01/13/2010, 12:25 PM
did the shirts because of the saying alone....LOL

He has a song with that as the title!!
He is kinda of a "redneck" Jimmy Buffet,Willie Nelson,Joe Ely type
his 17 year old son who plays guitar in the band is a guitar virtuoso!
jams like crazy:yesb:

Mile High VX
01/14/2010, 07:28 PM
Hey Austin family,

No thread jack intended here, but does anyone know who has the 2001 VX for sale in central Austin for $5500.

I'm looking for a vehicle to keep in Austin when I travel there for work 2 weeks a month.

thanks.

VX crazy
01/16/2010, 09:13 PM
MileHigh, no idea who has that VX for sale, but Steve did mention that at the meet today.

Great get together, thanks Steve for letting us crash your place, your a great hostess!! Movie for sure next time on that great projection set up you have!

Not a single VX was finished today! Steve and I only got 1 side each of our wheelbearings finished.....we will finish that up next weekend, and no George there was no alcohol involved.....my bearings were burned....looks like they have never been greased and I could only find one set anywhere near today....Thanks to Ollie for helping me! Julian got his headrest monitors in and thats all we got done today! Ollie was great at supervising....Steve and I that is.......and he never got his truck addressed....NEXT weekend for sure!!

Great time, great friends......now off to bed I am exhausted!

geshaw30
01/17/2010, 01:52 PM
have!

and no George there was no alcohol involved.....!

The that is the first group gathering in TX VX history where there wasn't any....:bwgy:

VX crazy
01/17/2010, 02:13 PM
The that is the first group gathering in TX VX history where there wasn't any....:bwgy:

Funny you say that George, you are correct, AND I still have a sore back, neck and bruised knees even though no one got a piggy back ride! ROFL

JULIAN911
01/17/2010, 07:53 PM
George,

If you're willing to come down to Austin, I'll put you up at my pad and we can have a VX meet weekend - I'm sure we can do something about the alcohol situation :p

Thanks to Steve for hosting this past weekend, I had a great time and that was the first time I've spent that much time on my VX since my kid was born! I had no idea Ollie was such as wheel bearing master :bgwo:

Thanks to Jay for attacking the recaro seats and getting the monitors mounted. I was able to get the whole system working today and now my 1 year old is ready to ride in the back with Elmo

1st pic is Lisa busting her behind trying to do her wheel bearing while the rest of the "guys" watched over her shoulder - that's how we roll in Austin :bgwo: 2nd pic is my headrest monitors finally working

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/VX_monitors.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16611)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Lisa_working_on_VX_with_Steve_eating.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=16610)

Jay Dunford
01/18/2010, 10:56 AM
I was able to get the whole system working today and now my 1 year old is ready to ride in the back with Elmo

So what did I have hooked up wrong? Glad you got them working!!

Thanks to Setve for hosting and Ollie's expert help with Lisa's hub work.

JULIAN911
01/18/2010, 05:37 PM
Jay,

You did NOTHING wrong - either we have a bad cable or a bad box at the 6-pin connector and would not allow the video signal to come through. I used a video splitter and ran it to the external A/V port of the passenger monitor; not pretty but at least it works.

Hopefully the brake line kit will arrive this week so we can take care of it next Sat at Steve's house again, assuming that's still the plan!

geshaw30
01/20/2010, 01:27 AM
George,

If you're willing to come down to Austin, I'll put you up at my pad and we can have a VX meet weekend - I'm sure we can do something about the alcohol situation :p

Thanks Julian...Cary & I might just take you up on that offer one of these weekends. It's been too long.