PDA

View Full Version : We have an XBox thread so how 'bout PS3

Triathlete
12/27/2009, 07:50 AM
Since we already have a thread on XBox I thought I'd find out who everyone is on PS3 since I just got one.
I just started playing Modern Warfare.
I am...wait for it...wait...

triathletevx

...go figure:bwgy:
triathlete was already taken!:mad: I guess thats what happens when you arrive at the party late.

Ldub
12/28/2009, 01:41 AM
I've had my 60g since shortly after they came out, just recently started having problems playing blu-discs & PS3 games, so to prevent down time I picked a new 120g...:thumbup:
Been workin' like a champ, can't remember my username, but is of no consequence, since I don't play online.
Been playing MXvsATV reflex since it came out, & am about 85% complete.

Looking into replacing the blu-drive lens on the 60, then maybe upgrading the H-D as long as I'm working on it...:naughty:
Plenty of tutorials on youtoob for both mods.

Also like using this option for keeping the controllers juiced up...http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2007/10/pelican-sony-ps3-sixaxis-controller-charging-station-ultimate-playstation-3-accessory.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/10/19/pelican-sony-ps3-sixaxis-controller-charging-station-ultimate-playstation-3-accessory/&usg=__smeb7mv8u8Asa0fBD8Dt9QZDdcQ=&h=280&w=286&sz=12&hl=en&start=2&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=tHauNFKgKNZhNM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dps3%2Bcharging%2Bstation%26ndsp%3D18% 26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Triathlete
12/28/2009, 10:14 AM
Santa was nice and brought me the 250G version!:thumbup:

ZEUS
12/28/2009, 11:24 AM
I picked up a PS3 with my xmas bonus - FINALLY! Never could justify the expense until I got my new 1080p TV. I need to acquire the internet at home next month to truly unleash the inner-child-beast within. I shall virtually kill and die under the guise of pOtPiE... :)

Knivx
12/28/2009, 04:12 PM
I've had my 80gb for over a year now, love it to death! Just got Modern Warfare 2 and it has to be one of the coolest games I've ever played! Other than it i like Fallout 3 and I'm a fan of racing games like Dirt. My wife and I like playing the lego games since they're easy to just pick up and play and quite entertaining. Great system!!:thumbup:

nfpgasmask
12/28/2009, 04:44 PM
I've had my PS3 60GB for a while now. I bought it with my 1080p TV. I like it quite a bit. Works really well for Blu-Ray playback and upconversion of regular DVDs. I don't care for most console games, but I do love me some Tekken. Been playing Tekken since the first incarnation, and I only ever played my brother and a couple friends. Now I have the whole world to compete with and it is TOUGH. My PS3 online name is CHELUSfimbriatus.

Bart

Knigh7s
12/28/2009, 06:46 PM
It was started before: Whats your PS3 screen name? (http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12495&highlight=ps3)

Mine is AngelK7

don moore
12/28/2009, 08:10 PM
wish i had a ps3//boooohoooo

Sprey
12/28/2009, 08:19 PM
Far my ps3 could probaly set the record for being brought and not used!.

Brought mine ages ago think its a 40gig one, played grandtheft auto 4 got bored of it, Played Spyro the dragon game for awhile then thats about it.

I play pc games 99% more than console. But for having mates over the play station is good for that

nfpgasmask
12/29/2009, 08:47 AM
I play pc games 99% more than console.

That's because PC games are 99% more better! :thumbup:

You kids that can play 1st person shooters with a freakin' joystick I DO NOT understand. I'm actually revisiting the original Half-Life right now. It still is the greatest FPS ever IMO. Game play, story, length, it's just phenomenal.

Bart

JHarris1385
12/29/2009, 10:01 AM
Mine is CONRAD_VX. Just picked up the new 120 slim. Decided against the 250 gig since the difference was a game or controller and upgrade the HD to 500+ with a simple laptop HD swap.

nfpgasmask
12/29/2009, 10:02 AM
So, no Tekken players on here at all?

Bart

CrnCnn
12/29/2009, 10:24 AM
I play Tekken 6 on mine. I havent been online with any game yet though. I also play UFC, go figure. I should go online with that if I can.

nfpgasmask
12/29/2009, 10:35 AM
I play Tekken 6 on mine. I havent been online with any game yet though. I also play UFC, go figure. I should go online with that if I can.

It's tough out there. Some SERIOUSLY good players.

Bart

ZEUS
12/29/2009, 10:53 AM
So, no Tekken players on here at all?

BartI looked at it last night because of your raving but I bought Army of Two instead - fighting games feel like 1-dimensional episodes of chaotic button mashing to me, I guess.

nfpgasmask
12/29/2009, 11:29 AM
I bought Army of Two instead

Ohhhh, I made that EXACT same mistake.:_brickwal That game SUCKED! I hope you like it though. :rolleyes:

fighting games feel like 1-dimensional episodes of chaotic button mashing to me, I guess.

Well, that's where Tekken is different. Street Fighter and Mortal Combat always were 1-dimensional. But Tekken is an EXTREMELY complex fighting game. True, there are some who can do ok at first with button mashing, but that only gets you so far once you play someone who knows what they are doing.

Tekken 6 has taking things to a whole different level with online play.

Bart

ZEUS
12/29/2009, 01:08 PM
Ohhhh, I made that EXACT same mistake.:_brickwal That game SUCKED! I hope you like it though. :rolleyes:

Well, that's where Tekken is different. Street Fighter and Mortal Combat always were 1-dimensional. But Tekken is an EXTREMELY complex fighting game. True, there are some who can do ok at first with button mashing, but that only gets you so far once you play someone who knows what they are doing.

Tekken 6 has taking things to a whole different level with online play.

BartUh oh. It was a "Greatest Hits" release so I had high hopes. I guess time will tell - another friend of mine rented it before and really liked it. Luckily it was only $20. I'll rent Tekken to check it out; maybe it will make me a convert...

Has anyone else played "Fuel"? I like that one, post apocalypse car racing and bashing! YAY!

Triathlete
12/29/2009, 01:20 PM
It was started before: Whats your PS3 screen name? (http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12495&highlight=ps3)

Mine is AngelK7

I missed that one...:(
But I know some of those names have changed...Victor (VCamilo) is now (PR)Slow4x4

Triathlete
12/29/2009, 01:24 PM
Only games I have really gotten into have all been combat games. On my PC I used to play the Delta Force series of games and now on the PS Modern Warfare.

Kenny
12/29/2009, 01:32 PM
online name kennyvx
I see a trend billy...

I'm not a console guy as I agree I don't know how people enjoy controlling FPS with their thumbs - my reaction times are just not that good. Case in point, Metal Gear Solid 4, picked it up as everyone raved about it - it was cool, but I got so frustrated with the crappy close up third person view and getting my arse kicked in tight corners I pulled the CD out broke it in half and threw it out the door as I'm not that much of a masochist. (my wife laughed her face off). However, I thoroughly enjoyed Resistance 2 - more than MW2.

I mostly bought it for the bluray and the media centre. I just love watching movie downloads and all my TV episode series from my computer through the PS3. That rocks.

Anyone think it's a way to do some free/cheap long distance talking over the game chat? Don't have the gear yet...

Knigh7s
12/29/2009, 03:21 PM
OOH, Tekken 6 was waiting for me under the Christmas tree! 'twas getting bored with T5, was so happy to get it and have been playing it all week! Still haven't gotten around of going online though.

nfpgasmask
12/29/2009, 03:38 PM
Uh oh. It was a "Greatest Hits" release so I had high hopes. I guess time will tell

It's just not my type of game. That game really epitomizes what I don't like about 99% of the console games out there. Horrid 3rd person views mixed with trying to aim and shoot with an analog stick is not for me. Like Kenny said below, the frustration is just too much for me. The game looks good, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Console games should be like Metroid and Mario and Galaga and Castlevania. Basically, I'm just old school. I love me a good platform game. But 3D belongs on the PC. The only new console games I can get into are racing games and fighting games like Tekken. OK, enough of that.

OOH, Tekken 6 was waiting for me under the Christmas tree! 'twas getting bored with T5, was so happy to get it and have been playing it all week! Still haven't gotten around of going online though.

Get ready to get your @ss kicked. There are some people online who have the game mechanics damn near programmed into their hands. It would take some SERIOUS nerding out on my part to get even half as good. It's fun to try anyhow!

Bart

nfpgasmask
12/29/2009, 03:40 PM
Anyone think it's a way to do some free/cheap long distance talking over the game chat? Don't have the gear yet...

I've fought a few people online who were using the Blue Tooth headset. So far, all but one of them sounded like crap and I couldn't understand what they were saying. Depending on how much time I dedicate to Tekken 6, I might just have to get some head gear.

Bart

AlaskaVX
12/29/2009, 04:23 PM
I don't have one, but all my friends do. I have been playing a bit of MW2.... 32-2-3 is my best record, but most the time I am about even kills/deaths.

Personally, I hate Tekken, its the same game from PS1 IMO and I am very tired of it. The game I play ALL the time is Madden 10! I am the best EVAAAAAA! :yesy: No one will finish a game with me online so I mainly beat up on my friends in our Fantasy Draft Franchise.

nfpgasmask
12/29/2009, 04:27 PM
Personally, I hate Tekken, its the same game from PS1 IMO and I am very tired of it.

Fundamentally yes, it is the "same". But the move list of Tekken 1 vs. Tekken 6, come on! The graphics are WAY better also. I just like fighting games, and Tekken is the best.

On the flipside, I hate sports games. :)

Bart

JHarris1385
12/31/2009, 09:58 AM
Dang I missed this thread for a couple of days. I just thought to myself I wish there was more talk about Tekken and not MW2. Sure enough I get on here and see some fans. I just got my PS3 Monday and the very first and only game I got was Tekken. Tekken is so so much more advanced than regular fighting games. I traded in and I hate to say it....Tekken Tag for PS2 for the cash to get this one. But I love it. Great graphics and serious combos.

Now who is your favorite character? Mine: Eddy G. Been a fan of capoeira for years now and even took some lessons back in early college.

nfpgasmask
12/31/2009, 10:46 AM
Now who is your favorite character? Mine: Eddy G. Been a fan of capoeira for years now and even took some lessons back in early college.

Ohhhhh NOOOOOO! ;puke2; ;puke2; ;puke2; Eddy and Christie are the WORST, CHEAPEST, BS characters in the game!! The only character that even comes close the EXTREME cheapness of Cheddy is Law!!!

Come on J, fight with a REAL character that takes some skill to master!! I simply CANNOT respect a Cheddy player...:D

I use Ling, Ganryu and Kuma the most. I'm also trying to learn Zafina and I would like to eventually pick up another character or two.

Bart

JHarris1385
12/31/2009, 11:11 AM
Ill have to try them...but its my love of the capoeira that makes me use him. When I learned there was going to be a character that fights this style is when I really started to love Tekken. I think yeah he has easy combos but those same combos really leave him open to attacks so you have to know when to use each. Try using him against someone good and they will tear you up.

nfpgasmask
12/31/2009, 11:24 AM
Ill have to try them...but its my love of the capoeira that makes me use him. When I learned there was going to be a character that fights this style is when I really started to love Tekken. I think yeah he has easy combos but those same combos really leave him open to attacks so you have to know when to use each. Try using him against someone good and they will tear you up.

Yeah, it's just that Cheddy and Law are both simple, cheap characters with out-of-the-box combos that you can win with just by mashing buttons. That's the reason I hate those characters, but I am getting better at defending against their cheapness. :D

Alisa has a few simple moves that are cheap as hell also.

Bart

JHarris1385
12/31/2009, 11:37 AM
I have to defend him. Its easy to win a fight when the oppenent is not good but VERY hard to win a fight the better the oppenent is. There is alot of lag inbetween his moves and once again alot of his moves leave him VERY open.

Did you mean King? I just played with those characters for a brief moment and they are deff not my cup of tea! I like the smaller more martial arts based...more realistic moves.

Kazuya, Hwoarange are my other two.

Just found out that there are plans for a TEKKEN movie out next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBnkf-hSjk is the guy playing Eddy.

nfpgasmask
12/31/2009, 12:03 PM
I have to defend him. Its easy to win a fight when the oppenent is not good but VERY hard to win a fight the better the oppenent is. There is alot of lag inbetween his moves and once again alot of his moves leave him VERY open.

Yeah, the better you get, the easier it is to defend against him. But still, he is cheap as balls and when you get mildly good with him even cheaper.

Did you mean King?

King is fine. He has some really annoying moves but he does take skill to master.

I just played with those characters for a brief moment and they are deff not my cup of tea! I like the smaller more martial arts based...more realistic moves.

I'm sorry but I do not find Capoeira realistic AT ALL. Maybe as a "dance" but definitely NOT as a true martial arts fighting style. I know "technically" it is, but I don't find it practical or real at all. But then again, who cares, we are talking about a video game here.

Kazuya, Hwoarange are my other two.

Both of them are ok in my book. Tough to beat, but not cheap @ss like Eddy or Law.

Bart

JHarris1385
12/31/2009, 12:37 PM
I requested you as a friend on PS3. Not sure how that works exactly yet.

I bet if you took Kung Fu lessons you would be partial to that style on the game too. Cap. is a martial arts created with dancing infused so the slaves that started it could get away with learning defenses while looking like they were just dancing. Thus not being caught "training or learning".

Eddy's moves are slow to start, hit him right at the beg of a combo when he is open. If you count his count attack on his even number steps.