PDA

View Full Version : what I got for Christmas..

don moore
12/26/2009, 07:22 PM
..I open up my present from the wife...WOW.. A SIG P220..I love my wife
I think ill keep her ..after I opened it she said she liked my old RUGER P95. hint hint .. I gave it to her ....Merry Christmas....Guns for the holidays... lol

cyronman
12/26/2009, 10:09 PM
I got a Slap Chop.
You're gonna love my nuts.

Anita
12/26/2009, 10:38 PM
I got a Slap Chop.

I would like a detailed report on how that thing works for you. I remember my mother having something like that when I was a child.

Santa brought me a grand piano and perfume.

Ldub
12/26/2009, 10:52 PM
Santa brought me a grand piano

:eekgray:NO WAY...really?

WOW, Santa must really like you...:yesgray:

I got a bag of beef jerky, some new socks, & a lump of coal...:smilewink

Oh wait, I also got some other really neat junk, it was a good Christmas...:yesgray:

VX KAT
12/26/2009, 10:55 PM
Wow, that California Santa must be different! That sounds wonderful! :thumbup:
Santa Dave got us a new Polaris RZR S sidexside! Wohoo! It's suspension rides about 100 times better than the VX....who'd a thunk it?

Triathlete
12/27/2009, 07:44 AM
I got a Slap Chop.

Sounds painfull!;eeky;

I got a PS3 w/modern warfare 2 and some new bike and run stuff (gloves, knee warmers, shorts and shoes).

JHarris1385
12/27/2009, 07:49 AM
Modern warfare 2 is great!

Scott Harness
12/27/2009, 07:52 AM
I think ill keep her ..after I opened it she said she liked my old RUGER P95. hint hint .. I gave it to her ....Merry Christmas....Guns for the holidays... lol

Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw at a gun show...
I got a gun for my wife...Best trade I ever made:bgwb:

VX crazy
12/27/2009, 05:43 PM
I got some cool stuff, but a new 'friend' got me a silver matchbox that he said was very difficult to get from overseas.....I saw it and the smart *** remark out of my mouth was about ohhhh I already have a crap load of these, AND I have the remote controlled ones and everything.....NOT the correct thing to say.......

Did get myself some very cool cold weather boots that I just love love love!!

samneil2000
12/27/2009, 06:54 PM
Santa Dave got us a new Polaris RZR S sidexside! Wohoo! It's suspension rides about 100 times better than the VX....who'd a thunk it?

Oh man am I jealous! I've been eye-balling those since they came out. Let us know how awesome it is...

My misses got me a rearview camera and display mirror. Now I just have to install it...

pbkid
12/27/2009, 10:52 PM
mmm.... after seeing DOZENS of those in moab im not a fan kat....

the people who drive those things around are @-holes.
just done be one of those people who look at cars and think they are dumb because they cant go up the same thing as a 4WD golf-cart.

Ldub
12/27/2009, 11:03 PM
but a new 'friend' got me a silver matchbox that he said was very difficult to get from overseas.....I saw it and the smart *** remark out of my mouth was about ohhhh I already have a crap load of these, AND I have the remote controlled ones and everything.....NOT the correct thing to say....

L0L...:laughing:

"NEXT"...:slap:

Griffin
12/27/2009, 11:32 PM
Got some clothes and money, you know, the usual things. Oh, I forgot I bought myself a s2000. :)

tom4bren
12/28/2009, 05:44 AM
Wifey & I decided that we weren't gonna exchange gifts this year so we could focus more on the kids & grandkids. I did get a North Face jacket from the dog, new sneakers from the other dog, a cupla sweaters from the other dog, a windshield wonder from the birds ... get the picture ... I'm gullable as hell.

Kids got me a charging pad for the cell/BlackBerry & some herbal teas.

Life is good today.

Bummer tho, I was hoping for some gorilly feets - rekin Santa didn't get that message.

Cobrajet
12/28/2009, 06:48 AM
Best musical Christmas ever...
...a limited edition, personally autographed, copy of Bianca Ryan's new EP "True Meaning of Christmas" (I'm a huge Bianca Ryan fan!!)
...Brianne Jansen's (Frances Stone - Kit Kittredge: An American Girl) private label CD - "Merry Christmas with Love" (5 copies - all proceeds go to charity!)
...Jackie Evancho's first CD - "Prelude to a Dream" (This young lady is destined for stardom!)

I bought myselfSANTA BROUGHT ME...
A new computer (smoked the PS or MB within 24 hours and was sent back for repair/replacement -- DOH!!)
A new 7.2 Onkyo Surround receiver with SIX HDMI ports (to replace the Onkyo with ONLY 2)
Various accessories to interface the new computer to the new receiver.

And, saving the best for last, I get to see my new granddaughter TODAY!!!

VX crazy
12/28/2009, 06:52 AM
L0L...:laughing:

"NEXT"...:slap:

next....me or my friend? LOL

tom4bren
12/28/2009, 07:25 AM
And, saving the best for last, I get to see my new granddaughter TODAY!!!

WooHoo!!!

We got to see quite a bit of our newest this weekend too.

nfpgasmask
12/28/2009, 08:51 AM

Ahhh, yes, very nice. I haven't added to my arsenal is over a year. :( That's a 22 LR, right? I have the Walther P22. .22 is so nice right now with the price of ammo!

LUCKY! I want one so bad for me and the Mrs.

Bart

nfpgasmask
12/28/2009, 08:52 AM
I got a PS3 w/modern warfare 2 and some new bike and run stuff (gloves, knee warmers, shorts and shoes).

I played Tekken 6 online ALL FREAKIN' WEEKEND. My eyes hurt and so does my thumb. Tekken 6 online is so damn fun and so damn frustrating all at the same time.

Bart

Ldub
12/28/2009, 08:56 AM
Bummer tho, I was hoping for some gorilly feets - rekin Santa didn't get that message.

You have to pick up that type of present in person...on the stoop, at the ROCK...:yesgray:

Ldub
12/28/2009, 08:58 AM
next....me or my friend? LOL

"NEXT"...as in, next B-friend...:rolleyesg...:laughing:

"I've got a crap load of these"...perfect Lisa...:laughing:...:yesgray:

RabidPony
12/28/2009, 09:07 AM
The woman and I decided to forego presents this year and instead we had our families come out and we all went and did the tourist thing. Had a blast.

VX KAT
12/28/2009, 09:36 AM
mmm.... after seeing DOZENS of those in moab im not a fan kat....
the people who drive those things around are @-holes.
just done be one of those people who look at cars and think they are dumb because they cant go up the same thing as a 4WD golf-cart.
No, we won't be using it like that, we'll just be buzzing around the many trails in about a 50 mile radius of us here, even getting it street legal so we can go pick up the mail, wohoo! gotta love a small town, no home mail delivery! Wow, what a change from living in L.A., Dallas, Chicago! Even got it on ebay for a good deal with only 75 miles! You know me the "Queen"!

tom4bren
12/28/2009, 10:52 AM
You have to pick up that type of present in person...on the stoop, at the ROCK...:yesgray:

Gotcha. Just look for the dancin nanner ... gorilly feets are co-located - right???

Ldub
12/28/2009, 11:07 AM
G.. gorilly feets are co-located - right???

As far as you know...:uhohgray:...:yesgray:

ZEUS
12/28/2009, 11:46 AM
I grew tired of getting crap gifts so decided to forego all others (except parents) and used my Christmas money for Me, Myself, and I! One of my personalities gotz a new furry Fargo type hat! ;) Another personality picked out some workout clothes to coincide with his New Year's reso. The other personality wanted a new pair of shoes and some casual clothes too... Not to mention the PS3, 60" TV, a couple games and Blu-Rays, Windows 7, 2nd video card, 3D emitter... My dad replaced what was stolen from my house the first time around - a cordless drill and chop saw. My mom, of course, figured I needed a Snuggie... and a flu. Oh well, at least they go well together. :rollo:

VXD959
12/28/2009, 12:03 PM
This is what I got (don't hate me now, but I could not resist..2006, under 45K miles, $24.5K plus tax..a good deal according to my books!). The most important thing..I really like this ride!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/0054.JPG

Triathlete
12/28/2009, 02:04 PM
Nice Denalli!:bwgy:

don moore
12/28/2009, 08:24 PM
Ahhh, yes, very nice. I haven't added to my arsenal is over a year. :( That's a 22 LR, right? I have the Walther P22. .22 is so nice right now with the price of ammo!

LUCKY! I want one so bad for me and the Mrs.

Bart

close but the SIG P220 is a 45cal..alittle bit bigger than a 22.. just a bit
and the RUGER P95 i gave the wife is a 9mm

nfpgasmask
12/29/2009, 08:59 AM

LOL, yeah, It didn't look like a .22. I was just thinking that because of the nomenclature. Doesn't SIG have a .22LR pistol though? I think it's called the mosquito or something?

My next pistol will likely be a compact .40 of some kind...

Bart

ZEUS
12/29/2009, 10:37 AM
and the RUGER P95 i gave the wife is a 9mmNICE! She has some good taste in hand guns. The Ruger P90 and P89... ok, and the Ruger Mark I... are my favorite pistols - great feel and balance. Not that I have shot hundreds of different models or anything, but my dad and I used to shoot in silhouette matches in Texas. Have you ever involved yourselves in something like that? Pretty fun!

don moore
12/30/2009, 06:59 PM
LOL, yeah, It didn't look like a .22. I was just thinking that because of the nomenclature. Doesn't SIG have a .22LR pistol though? I think it's called the mosquito or something?

My next pistol will likely be a compact .40 of some kind...

Bart
yup they make a SIG Mosquito..22lr.
they make a 22cal conversion for the 220 also.. but for the price ill go get a used 22 pistol for half.

WormGod
01/04/2010, 07:31 AM
Got random odds and ends from the family, but I bought my best gift for myself....

73" Mitsubishi DLP

http://digital.iyouproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Mitsubishi-WD73C9-73-C9-Series-DLP-Rear-Projection.jpg

Gaming has never been so good!

don moore
01/10/2010, 01:25 AM
nice Gary ...

WormGod
01/11/2010, 07:36 AM
It's funny Don, been looking at stands for it. WOW! Most stands that size cost as much as the tv itself. But, I good friend of mine has been looking out for me as well and came across a stand that Mitsubishi makes JUST FOR that tv (the one in the pic even) that is about $350 from buy.com. Sure beats the $1500+ ones I have been seeing.

ZEUS
01/11/2010, 11:33 AM
It's funny Don, been looking at stands for it. WOW! Most stands that size cost as much as the tv itself. But, I good friend of mine has been looking out for me as well and came across a stand that Mitsubishi makes JUST FOR that tv (the one in the pic even) that is about $350 from buy.com. Sure beats the $1500+ ones I have been seeing.
Gary I was holding out for that exact TV until I saw the 60" 'equivalent' for $800 - couldn't pass it up. However, my entertaiment center would have fit the 73" with 1" on either side and sometimes I wish I would have just bit the bigger bullet. The TV images are beautiful tho. Are you going to hook up the 3D for it? :yesgray:

WormGod
01/12/2010, 07:09 AM
Gary I was holding out for that exact TV until I saw the 60" 'equivalent' for $800 - couldn't pass it up. However, my entertaiment center would have fit the 73" with 1" on either side and sometimes I wish I would have just bit the bigger bullet. The TV images are beautiful tho. Are you going to hook up the 3D for it? :yesgray:

I dunno man. I didnt even know it was 3D capable until AFTER it was sitting in a HUGE box in my foyer. Totally overlooked that aspect. I did read up on it some though and sadly, so far, there is no support whatsoever for it. We will see if somethink arises now that Cameron is opening the world's eyes to 3D. I am sure I will, the tech-geek that I am.

Found a stand. Direct from Mitsubishi for $400. MADE FOR this tv even. That worry is over.

I was lucky enough to land this tv from Newegg for $1700. I did have my eyes on the 82" but I don't feel like knocking down walls, heh. I thought I would be a bit disappointed with DLP since I had my eyes on a beautiful 65" plasma and am quite used to plasmas from work, but the gamble was well worth it since the picture is actually very impressive and the size is totally worth it. My only gripe is the sluggish video noise in anything lower than 1080i. I RARELY watch anything or play any games in 720 and lower, so it's really a non-issue for me. Having better-than-normal vision, I am also one of the few that exist that finds 120hz "slow" and would also prefer 240. Freakish sounding, I know, but I can see the difference, heh. :confused:

Riff Raff
01/12/2010, 07:43 AM
Gary & Justin--- Ah, you guys are making me drool for my planned future A/V set-up!!! Last Summer, I purchased the incomparable Pioneer Elite #SC-09TX (THX-AVR). So this Spring, I plan to buy the new Panasonic #PT-AE4000U (1080p Projector) and the new Sony #BDP-CX7000ES (BD/DVD/CD 400-Disc MegaChanger) and projected on a 160" Da-Lite screen. That should satisfy me for a very long time.

Flatscreen TV's are nice for everyday use, but nothing beats a Projector for true Home Theater. If you're unfamiliar with the model numbers listed above-- look them up on the internet, as they are quite impressive (and yes, very expensive).

ZEUS
01/12/2010, 07:57 AM
I dunno man. I didnt even know it was 3D capable until AFTER it was sitting in a HUGE box in my foyer. Totally overlooked that aspect. I did read up on it some though and sadly, so far, there is no support whatsoever for it. We will see if somethink arises now that Cameron is opening the world's eyes to 3D. I am sure I will, the tech-geek that I am.

Found a stand. Direct from Mitsubishi for $400. MADE FOR this tv even. That worry is over.

I was lucky enough to land this tv from Newegg for $1700. I did have my eyes on the 82" but I don't feel like knocking down walls, heh. I thought I would be a bit disappointed with DLP since I had my eyes on a beautiful 65" plasma and am quite used to plasmas from work, but the gamble was well worth it since the picture is actually very impressive and the size is totally worth it. My only gripe is the sluggish video noise in anything lower than 1080i. I RARELY watch anything or play any games in 720 and lower, so it's really a non-issue for me. Having better-than-normal vision, I am also one of the few that exist that finds 120hz "slow" and would also prefer 240. Freakish sounding, I know, but I can see the difference, heh. :confused:Ah, the eyesight thing might be what holds you back. I don't know where you got your info regarding lack of support for 3D but that is wrong. There are several kits available; here is the kit I am looking at: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_GeForce_3D_VisionKit_us.html
Here is the thread where I bring up the goods: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16994&referrerid=1999

Here is a 3D forum I signed up on a couple weeks ago: http://www.mtbs3d.com/main.php

You may note extreme eyesight could ruin your experience with 3D shutter glasses. What it does is blink each eye independently and alternately - if you see slowness with 120hz, dividing that to 60hz per eye may cause too much flicker for you to enjoy. The Avatar game in PS3 and PC form (maybe xbox too) is setup to work directly with our TV's and a kit like the Nvidia or the Samsung.

Hate to tell ya tho... I first found your TV at Costco with a free stand for $1800, then later found it for $1250 on TigerDirect last month and BestBuy had it for $1600 with free delivery and setup. I couldn't convince them to price match TigerDirect because they are an online only store... hence the 60" substitute. In any case, enjoy that bad boy! :)

WormGod
01/13/2010, 07:25 AM
Ah, the eyesight thing might be what holds you back. I don't know where you got your info regarding lack of support for 3D but that is wrong. There are several kits available; here is the kit I am looking at: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_GeForce_3D_VisionKit_us.html
Here is the thread where I bring up the goods: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16994&referrerid=1999

Here is a 3D forum I signed up on a couple weeks ago: http://www.mtbs3d.com/main.php

You may note extreme eyesight could ruin your experience with 3D shutter glasses. What it does is blink each eye independently and alternately - if you see slowness with 120hz, dividing that to 60hz per eye may cause too much flicker for you to enjoy. The Avatar game in PS3 and PC form (maybe xbox too) is setup to work directly with our TV's and a kit like the Nvidia or the Samsung.

Hate to tell ya tho... I first found your TV at Costco with a free stand for $1800, then later found it for $1250 on TigerDirect last month and BestBuy had it for $1600 with free delivery and setup. I couldn't convince them to price match TigerDirect because they are an online only store... hence the 60" substitute. In any case, enjoy that bad boy! :)

Hmm, my BestBuy had the same tv for $2400 with $270 shipping fee. Disadvantage to living in the city I suppose. C'mon, a pack of smokes here is almost $8. >.<

When I said there was no 3D support available, I meant from Mitsu. Their documentation just states that the tv is "3d Ready/Capable" and that they offer no more than that. That tech has actually been around for many years. I just don't think the powers that be found the right media for it to actually take off finally. Looks like now is the time though.

The eye sight thing is weird. I never actually thought much about it but you could be right. Maybe I need a way to tone back the sharpness and contrast in my brain, heh. BRILLIANT! Adjustable eyesight by thought! ;)

ZEUS
01/13/2010, 09:26 AM
Hmm, my BestBuy had the same tv for $2400 with $270 shipping fee. Disadvantage to living in the city I suppose. C'mon, a pack of smokes here is almost $8. >.<

When I said there was no 3D support available, I meant from Mitsu. Their documentation just states that the tv is "3d Ready/Capable" and that they offer no more than that. That tech has actually been around for many years. I just don't think the powers that be found the right media for it to actually take off finally. Looks like now is the time though.

The eye sight thing is weird. I never actually thought much about it but you could be right. Maybe I need a way to tone back the sharpness and contrast in my brain, heh. BRILLIANT! Adjustable eyesight by thought! ;)Oh ok, I see where you got that idea then. Mitsu states that in the manual because the industry has not yet settled on a standard format for 3D - when that is settled, TV's, BluRays, PC's, games will offer much much more stereoscopic imagery and usuable settings for the masses.
[And BTW, if that was the cost of your TV at BestBuy you don't have what I thought you had - I thought you had a C9-series like me which spec-wise is almost identical to the more upscale unit you must have gotten.] This year Sony will unveil their new 3D TV's and the PS3 is supposed to get a patch, driver, yada yada for 3D use. At some point you won't need a 3D emitter kit like the Nvidia. My hunch is Sony is taking so long to release Grand Turismo 5 (the real version) so that it will be the 1st 3D 1080p game meant to work with these new devices. THAT WILL BE AWESOME! Look for Avatar to be in the same format - just guessing. I also assume the LCD shutter 3D emitter kits will phase out (before they really even phase in) to be replaced by basic polarized glasses like the RealD specs in the theaters because the tech will transfer smoothly easily and cheaply... no more paper framed anamorphic opposing color lenses that don't work right. You will be able to go to BestBuy and get standardized polarized glasses for efficient stereoscopic viewing pleasure of all 3D BluRays. I am interested to see what format the just unveiled 3D TV channels will be using as they could also influence the upcoming standard as well.

Now to overkill this Zeus style... :o When you shoot a gun you close one eye to better focus using your dominate eye. I have to believe having a dominate eye will effect the imagery in 3D entertainment and cause the right side to be more pronounced than the images of the left eye, distorting the 3D effect to some degree - causing ghosting or artifacts. If the industry does not release a lens-less technology might you actually down the road be able to get custom suited prescription lenses to enhance your 3D content? Or along the lines that WormGod mentioned... maybe there will be guides to train your vision to overcome these obstacles...

tom4bren
01/13/2010, 09:57 AM
I'm starting to think that Y'all spend entirely too much time in front of a TV.

WormGod
01/14/2010, 07:38 AM
I'm starting to think that Y'all spend entirely too much time in front of a TV.

Well, I *DO* work in the entertainment industry. :p

C'mon, the office just across the hall from me has a Natal in it (now that I am finally moved into my NEW office that is). I have always officially been a slack-jawed nerd.

Speaking of which, these new interactive consoles starting with the Wii, right up to the Natal.... I can only imagine the brilliance of 3D interactivity with those. It's a system in it's infancy, but a good start.

http://www.shackvideo.com/?id=16400

http://www.shackvideo.com/?id=14550

Zeus, I did notice Mitsu has 2 73" SKUs when I was researching, but unsure of the exact model I have or the exact differences.

Cobrajet
01/17/2010, 11:26 AM
Maybe I need a way to tone back the sharpness and contrast in my brain, heh. BRILLIANT! Adjustable eyesight by thought! ;)I've been working on that project for the last 50 years, and I finally got it to work. Problem is, now I can't seem to get it go back UP!! :supercool