PDA

View Full Version : Scan tool

VX-157
12/16/2009, 08:07 PM
Hi all, Does anyone local ie: NZ, Japan, Aus have a scan tool?

The problem is this.
Because its a grey import no one can read the car on a diagnostics machine.

I have a check light on the TOD that blinks, the guys at the 4x4 shop reckons its a code 13 (ground issue). They traced and checked all sensors (so they say) and they say all seems ok. He reckons the TOD computer has gone and that i should seek a replacement. When i get home i am going to see if i can read the code the manual way and see if i come up with a different code or not.

I asked about after market parts but i get the feeling it may be to much work for them....sometimes i hate living in this town, as most workshops hate doing anything that requires them to think....rant off.

I know of a auto electricain that is quite good so i might go and see him and see if comes up with the same conculusion.

I am going to check the C-31 ground when i get home, just in case.

I am very tempted to see if i can purchase one. My biggest concern is that if i buy a scan tool from the states it wont read the JDM. there are slight differences between the US and JDM and i am not sure if this is reflected in the code reading.

Been so close to Xmas i highly doubt if i can get this fixed in time for our planned 4x4 trip we had lined up....sad panda face.

Thoughts?

VX-157
12/16/2009, 10:48 PM
OMG my local Holden service center has a tech 2 scan tool! and it has vehicross in its manual!

They hooked it up but due to the lateness of the day and the amount of customers waiting to be served (and it is 39 degrees out) they had to book me in early next year so they can spend more time playing with it.

I could just dance naked around the house...opps wrong forum for that comment....>.>

Sprey
12/16/2009, 11:13 PM
Sweet glad you found 1 :D.

good luck with finding the problem etc

The Claw
09/11/2014, 02:25 AM
I was just reading some old posts and found this one.

VX-157 did you ever get to the bottom of the TOD code 13 problem?

I have the same problem on my JDM. I have tried the TOD computer from my spare car but it didn't fix the problem. I also took the TOD transmission out of the spare car and connected the plugs to my registered car and connected it electrically and the fault remained. Not sure where to go from here, have started looking at the wheel sensors but they look ok. Will try swapping the sensors between the cars next, any other ideas would be appreciated.

I can read the codes and reset them using the manual method and shorting pin 8 to ground on the OBDII connector.