PDA

View Full Version : Can't let it go...

JAMAS
12/14/2009, 05:51 AM
I appologize in advance for stirring things back up, but this has been bothering me and I simply can not let it go. I have tried just forgetting about it, but I am having difficulty doing so.

For those of you that missed the thread I will briefly summarize.

Someone posted a used vehicle. (Their very first post on this site)
I responded with an observation about their ad, not their VX.
The next post (their second post ever) was a hostile return of a curseword name. I am assuming they misunderstood my comment.
Then some other exchanges went back and forth.

When that was all going down, I was SHOCKED to be the only one saying anything. I took it as an attack and was expecting my VX brethren (and sistren) to stand behind me. After all, I have been here for a year and proven myself to be an upstanding member. This was their SECOND POST!!! I did get a PM from one person telling me that they were staying out of it for now, but they were shocked and they "had my back". After receiving that PM, I realized that perhaps everyone was just staying out as to not get involved. I had reported this thread to Moncha and assumed the thread would be closed and we would chaulk it up to just another wacko in the world.
That was thing one.....so I began to let it go...

Then I saw this...
"I am disappointed in this as I think everyone should be and is welcome. If everyone can try this in the future, review you post and make sure that that is really what you want to say before hitting the submit button. Remember, with the use of body language and facial expressions, something that comes only in text form can easily be misunderstood and can just as easily be taken offensively.

Please think before posting."

Since I was the only other person on this thread, I have to assume this talking to was given towards me. And since the thread was closed, I do feel obligated to reply via this thread.

I did NOTHING wrong. I feel VERY STRONGLY about that.

I agree whole-heartedly that EVERYONE should be welcome to join. However, lets step back and think of this as if it were a club. Lets imagine that we have a clubhouse. Everyone is welcome. Someone walks in, says hello and is friendly so we offer them a cold beer and a warm greeting and welcome them with open arms. However, if someone walks in and starts swearing up a storm at someone who has always been friendly we would most likely NOT welcome them with open arms and then go have a talking to to the person that was berated. Instead the other person would be protected.

I went from feeling like I had a family that stretched across the world to feeling like I have been outcast in just one weekend. I am on this forum EVERYDAY and I post almost everyday. Not everyone in the world is friendly and is the same caliber of person we are lucky enough to have on the site. So lets welcome people with open arms and if they spit in our faces, lets see them for what they are and let them go.

Hopefully all this doesn't begin my disappearance from this site as I have grown to know you guys as my friends. However, my friends and family have my back first and to be quite honest, all of this hurt me quite a bit.

Scott Harness
12/14/2009, 06:20 AM
I missed the original post.
You MUST let it go for you own piece of mind! You only hurting yourself.
The other person is not losing any sleep.
"Don't worry about the future,Don't live in the past,Live in the present moment wisely and earnestly...Budda:yesb:

tom4bren
12/14/2009, 06:34 AM
Dude,

Even though you were NO help to me when I had a question about Wifey's Eclipse ... I still got your back.:)

There will always be contentious threads in the fam. I don't remember seeing the thread in question (prolly since I'm not in the market for another VX at the moment, I didn't keep up with it).

We've already lost one good member due to bad blood. Don't wanna lose another. Please consider it water under the bridge so that it doesn't color your future participation.

Tom

Gussie2000
12/14/2009, 06:38 AM
Hi jamas !

Sorry this've happened to you;I strongly believe no one should be insulted by any means & if it do happens with no means then an apologize my self statement can clean up the mess.

I read the same posted reply scott wrote here & honestly wasn't able to pin point who was the person scott was addressing his statement.

Scott is great guy & i bid if you address your concerns directly to him i quite sure he'll understand what was your intentions.
Pm'd scott your phone # and ask him to talk with you so any confusion can be clear up.

JAMAS
12/14/2009, 06:43 AM
Hi jamas !

Sorry this've happened to you;I strongly believe no one should be insulted by any means & if it do happens with no means then an apologize my self statement can clean up the mess.

I read the same posted reply scott wrote here & honestly wasn't able to pin point who was the person scott was addressing his statement.

Scott is great guy & i bid if you address your concerns directly to him i quite sure he'll understand what was your intentions.
Pm'd scott your phone # and ask him to talk with you so any confusion can be clear up.

?

Not sure if we are thinking of the same post.

handeeman
12/14/2009, 06:46 AM
Jamas, I followed the thread from the beginning to the end. I stayed out of it to keep from blasting the guy and provoking him more in the his use of profanity. I also reported the post to Moncha.
I also understand what Moncha is saying about how hard it is to come across in type without being mis-read. I do feel this person had a chip on his shoulder and you just happened to walk-in and it fell off.
I also have had a couple of post replies and PM's that hurt my feelings but I ended up letting em roll off like water on a ducks back and still um... er....aaaah....love everyone in this family.

Oh and remember my motto: "Time wounds all heels"!

samneil2000
12/14/2009, 06:46 AM
I too missed the thread so can't speak to it directly. But please don't let it make a permanent impression on you or make you participate any less in this forum. I'm sure that the people you expected to "hear" from on that thread simply didn't know it was going on.

Ldub
12/14/2009, 06:48 AM
I missed the original post.
You MUST let it go for you own piece of mind! You only hurting yourself.
The other person is not losing any sleep.
"Don't worry about the future,Don't live in the past,Live in the present moment wisely and earnestly...Budda:yesb:

X 2...That Budda is one smart feller...:yesgray:

Put another way...

Harboring a grudge or resentment is like taking poison,

Then waiting for the other person to die.

I didn't read the thread until after it was locked, but the new guy came outta the gate with a chip on his shoulder IMO.

CrnCnn
12/14/2009, 06:54 AM
I thought your comment did come off a little rude but you noted that it was not directed towards that person. I made my reply trying to move the thread along from it and not attack either you or the newb. I didn't feel like making someone unwelcome but I guess I should have since they were not staying after the sale anyway... Plus I am really no good at talking crap, I have to be REALLY fired up to get after someone.

Sorry to let you down and hope you dont leave.

nemo
12/14/2009, 06:58 AM
Jamas, I am new to the site and could not find the post but don't worry about him. I have learned what goes around comes around. He will run into his one day and it will be bad. But for you put it out of your life, you have a lot more friends on this site than all of his put together. Enjoy what you have and leave him to his sorry life.

4X4 UFO
12/14/2009, 07:19 AM
Jamas,
I don't post often, but I follow this forum every day. I've always valued your input, and I followed the thread in question. I think that the reason none of us jumped into the discussion is that we saw a newbie (a really sensitive guy, it seems) react badly to your suggestion of things to emphasize about his VX, and we expected that you would just ignore his over-reaction, once you determined that he did indeed, have a pretty big chip on his shoulder. It's not that we don't have your back. It's that we didn't think he was was worth much effort, and we didn't realize that you did. I, for one, would hate to see you leave the fam, and I'm sure everyone here agrees. We all have things that irritate us a little more than our friends are aware of. Just my two cents.........

Randy

Moncha
12/14/2009, 08:02 AM
As my first post in the thread stated, "I would consider this as a "we got off on the wrong foot" encounter"".
I received a couple "reports" on the thread but that does not mean that I'm going to automatically and instantly close the thread. I censored the parts that were offensive and against site rules and notified the OP of their misdoings in that same post. I don't feel that I needed to take sides as being the "admin", I have to look at it from both.

I received a request from the OP to delete their account as they did not feel like this was a place where they would feel welcome. I explained that I believed that there was no malice intended and that posts sometimes sound different and sometimes offensive when there is no accompanying facial or body language to go with. The OP insisted on the deletion of their account and that was granted.

So, let me explain a little more;
The original post regarding the sale of the vehicle was from a female and the follow-up (offensive) postings were from her husband. She is new and as all new folks to anything, she may have been a little timid in how or what to post regarding her VX. According to her, the post was a "feeler" about selling and she had multiple family members that also have VXs.

He, the husband, apparently took the first response she got, your "observation" about the ad (The first impression of the site for him) as an attack on her personally and as any husband would do, his feathers got ruffled and he defended her. I'm not saying it was appropriate but it could be understandable.

Here's my stand;
I could have just deleted the thread, deleted her (Their) account and said "oh, well".
My problem with that is I see both side of the picture. Therefore I did what I did. I deleted all but my responses and the thread title. My first post in the closed thread was left as a reminder as to what language is appropriate on the site and where they can find the rules stating as such.

My second post, states that the OP asked me to delete the thread which I did (Although, I only soft delete items). There was no reference to anyone save for the OP's deleted username and my username.
I can say, yes, I'm disappointed because I am.
I simply made a statement that everyone is welcome. (and I do however, think you could have worded your "welcome with open arms" statement to her a little better but wasn't going to say it in public until now)
I also asked for EVERYONE to check their posts and to think before hitting the submit button. I did not specify anyone in particular in that statement on purpose.
If you feel that I am pointing you out to everyone, then I'm sorry. It was meant as a general reminder.

tom4bren
12/14/2009, 08:17 AM
I've got a size 9 1/2 mouth at times so I feel ya boss man.

I've also gone back and re-read some of my early posts & wonder what I was thinking. I just attribute it to having too many 'lightning bolts down my shorts' & move on.

If you still have that ex-member's email addy please let them know that they should not direct their family members (who own VX's) to stay away. I'm assuming that the lady who started the thread has sold hers & is no longer interested.

Moncha
12/14/2009, 08:21 AM
AFIAK, she was only feeling it out and would only sell to the "Right Person".

VX KAT
12/14/2009, 08:36 AM
JAMAS- I too followed the thread from the beginning. I thought exactly the same way as you did about his ad...yeah, let's list it has a steering wheel too!:rollo2:
We've probably had 5-10 posts in the yr I've been on the forum of VXs for sale that didn't have a pic, and several people, me included, have jumped in and rather curtly pointed out that it's useless to list a VX without pics. I believe circmand has too. This is the exact same thing, his wording made the ad useless. There's even an icon that says that (and I think it was Kenny that posted it a while back). So we didn't really see anything wrong with your post.

To the point....brand new poster trying to sell a VX, immediately got vulgar and ugly after you posted something that was actually intended to help him. That's not how 99.99% of people would respond in that situation.

Why I stayed out of it, and possibly why a few others did too...just a few months back in a similar situation, I jumped in with both feet defending a member, only to have another member attack my personal physique...(gee, I thought we were all adults here?)....I fired back, and again got attacked. It was so ugly that Anita deleted most of the posts, thankfully.

Since the new poster showed what he was made of right out of the shoot, I think we all chose to stand down and let him flame out. He obviously didn't seem "to fit" with our group, in my opinion and we sure could predict how he would respond to any other posts from us. Maybe in hindsight, we should have posted something defending you, but please don't take it as us not caring about you. I really think we all just saw how vulgar/angry he was and 4x4UFO said it best, we didn't think he was worth the effort, knowing we'd just get more of the same. Clint did a great job of trying to steer it out of the gutter.

I do consider you a regular here and really want you to stay. Sure you're really po'd now, but think about what we've all said in these posts and try to see it from our point of view too. You're far more valuable than that newbie, as his actions have shown. Let it go....that's what I did.:thumbup:

p.s....dang it, how come I can't write shorter bits like everybody else?....sorry, it's that extra X chromosone, I'll keep trying!

Anita
12/14/2009, 10:21 AM
I appologize in advance for stirring things back up, but this has been bothering me and I simply can not let it go. I have tried just forgetting about it, but I am having difficulty doing so.

Know that you are of value to us and this forum.

I was one of many who contacted Scott to pull the plug on that guy. I have learned the hard way that inserting myself into fights with those kind of personalities escalates the warfare geometrically. So I have learned to stay out and do what I can behind the scenes. Right or wrong, I have the sense that your brethren and sistren felt the same way.

When the next altercation occurs, PM each other for help. Sometimes you have to elbow your bonehead family members before they get the message.

Dont go away JAMAS. You arent allowed. :heart:

Ldub
12/14/2009, 10:23 AM
Know that you are of value to us and this forum.

I was one of many who contacted Scott to pull the plug on that guy. I have learned the hard way that inserting myself into fights with those kind of personalities escalates the warfare geometrically. So I have learned to stay out and do what I can behind the scenes. Right or wrong, I have the sense that your brethren and sistren felt the same way.

When the next altercation occurs, PM each other for help. Sometimes you have to elbow your bonehead family members before they get the message.

Dont go away JAMAS. You arent allowed. :heart:

Well said..:yesgray:

navistar
12/14/2009, 10:41 AM
Jamas,

I read the posts and here's my observations.

The original post was a 'drive by', completely devoid of even the most basic information that any person would expect to be included in even a classified newspaper ad. It was perfunctory and odd because of that.

I would have posted the exact reply you did under the circumstances. I saw nothing wrong in your reply.

I was disturbed with the 'over-the-top' responses, especially with all the profanity that went on and on. I felt uncomfortable that an owner of a Vehicross would come across like that since I hold owners in high regard. I am not proud of this owner or husband. He is not a peace maker but is a trouble maker. If this is the way he reacts to every day life then he is a troubled person and she must have her hands full.

I run into jerks on occasion, such is life, so you must let it go. There is enough intelligence, wisdom and love on this site to overcome a little hate.

My regards to you,

Navi

vt_maverick
12/14/2009, 11:04 AM
Let it go Neo er... JAMAS. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nm1gbMhYDY) :)

Seriously, the best thing you can do on a forum when something like this happens is to email the admins, close the thread, and never view it again. People with that kind of just-below-the-surface anger feed on conflict, so putting them in virtual time-out by simply ignoring them is the best (and funniest if you think about it) way to deal with them.

JAMAS
12/14/2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys.

I appreciate the feedback. I feel much better now that I have gotten it out there and have heard a lot of supportive comments. I understand how things can be misinterpreted and why that could upset someone. However, a misinterpreted comment should never have invoked a response like that.

Thanks again to everyone for the support. It is much appreciated.

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 11:08 AM
I'm probably gonna flex an unwanted X chromosome here... ;)

Jamas, You know I followed the whole thing as it unfolded. What I saw was someone who wanted to use this fine forum to do one thing - sell their VX free of charge. I view people like that almost as spammers except they may help someone else join the group for the RIGHT reasons. I like that Scott wants to install new protocol for those folks who only join to sell a VX. However, I have to say your phrasing was poor. If you wanted to say "it seems so many people have a hard time creating a decent ad for the vehicle they wish to sell." you could have done it with more tact. I read what you wrote as if you were singling that person out; and effectively, it did. What I got a kick out of was both of you were doing the same thing - phrasing things poorly! You called them on it and then it bit you in the butt because of your phrasing. They reacted almost the same way you may be now by feeling singled out. The difference is, you are comfortable here and they are new and unknowing of how we play. You continued to poke at that person when you said "feel free to offer an apology"... They really had no reason to apologize for reacting to how they felt they were being treated by you. If you would have followed your own advice and offered your own apology instead of asking them to, the situtation would not have continued to escalate. I have never seen a time when the "A-double S" came thru unedited like that. So keep in mind people have delivered that word before, it was just kinda shocking to see it letter for letter and over and over again in one thread. That's what stood out to me in that thread and that is on them, but again, they didn't know as this is unfamiliar territory. Some forums allow cursing. Overall, I'm sorry, but I have to say you most likely put that chip on their shoulder...

Dude, my over-the-top style to everything gets me in trouble every day... every day! I try to not let it get to me, and just accept that I am not perfect, instead of feeling like a scumbag because of my sarcastic wit and tendency to offend. Some people take what I say or write, misread it, rearrange it, create offense out of it... yada yada... sometimes tho... I just plainly screw up. And sometimes I have to realize I screwed up before I can let it go...

You have no reason to leave this forum. If anyone hated your approach to that newbie, they'll get over it. Keep in mind too, what usually stands out on the forum for a person is usually something that involves them directly. So nobody is thinking badly of you as most didn't notice or care enough to remember the names of the people posting.

tom4bren
12/14/2009, 01:19 PM
Oh Crap. Zeus had his lightning bolts out now.

BTW, I've got a 3000GT for sale. It runs good when it runs and the body is in real good shape except for a few bondo spots. Anyone interested.

JAMAS
12/14/2009, 01:43 PM
Oh Crap. Zeus had his lightning bolts out now.

BTW, I've got a 3000GT for sale. It runs good when it runs and the body is in real good shape except for a few bondo spots. Anyone interested.

You funny

CrnCnn
12/14/2009, 01:48 PM

I cant be sure. Does it have a steering wheel?

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 02:03 PM
...And on which side is this steering wheel you speak of?

Gussie2000
12/14/2009, 02:48 PM
Hi you !
I'm interest in car you got for sale.
Can't you tell if it comes with an engine ?

psychos2
12/14/2009, 03:11 PM
I'm probably gonna flex an unwanted X chromosome here... ;)

Jamas, You know I followed the whole thing as it unfolded. What I saw was someone who wanted to use this fine forum to do one thing - sell their VX free of charge. I view people like that almost as spammers except they may help someone else join the group for the RIGHT reasons. I like that Scott wants to install new protocol for those folks who only join to sell a VX. However, I have to say your phrasing was poor. If you wanted to say "it seems so many people have a hard time creating a decent ad for the vehicle they wish to sell." you could have done it with more tact. I read what you wrote as if you were singling that person out; and effectively, it did. What I got a kick out of was both of you were doing the same thing - phrasing things poorly! You called them on it and then it bit you in the butt because of your phrasing. They reacted almost the same way you may be now by feeling singled out. The difference is, you are comfortable here and they are new and unknowing of how we play. You continued to poke at that person when you said "feel free to offer an apology"... They really had no reason to apologize for reacting to how they felt they were being treated by you. If you would have followed your own advice and offered your own apology instead of asking them to, the situtation would not have continued to escalate. I have never seen a time when the "A-double S" came thru unedited like that. So keep in mind people have delivered that word before, it was just kinda shocking to see it letter for letter and over and over again in one thread. That's what stood out to me in that thread and that is on them, but again, they didn't know as this is unfamiliar territory. Some forums allow cursing. Overall, I'm sorry, but I have to say you most likely put that chip on their shoulder...

I second that.Except the part about selling for free.If it is a vx and someone here is looking for one as they always are than what is the problem.A donation would be nice ,but it is not required.And I hate seeing people jump on someone saying they need to donate.That drives people away.If everyone has to donate than there needs to be a membership fee otherwise don't hound people.And the joking part about the ad (in this post) does not help matters either.Again drives people away,makes us look like a bunch of ********. shawn

tomdietrying
12/14/2009, 03:35 PM
Jamas,
I got your back. We we rumble them there nasty jeepsters, you can count on me.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Zeus, I'm not talking about you. I love your jeep!:yesy:

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 03:49 PM
I second that.Except the part about selling for free.If it is a vx and someone here is looking for one as they always are than what is the problem.A donation would be nice ,but it is not required.And I hate seeing people jump on someone saying they need to donate.That drives people away.If everyone has to donate than there needs to be a membership fee otherwise don't hound people.And the joking part about the ad (in this post) does not help matters either.Again drives people away,makes us look like a bunch of ********. shawnWell I have learned (the hard way) that Scott really is the only one who has any say regarding how contributions should be received or requested. He knows what goes on behind the scenes here and it seems he feels imposing a small fee on those who are added to our member list only because they want to make money on a quick sale is the right thing to do. I am just verbally supporting his decision. I also support Scott's wish to let people support the site under their own accord... And I have no quams with the rest of us rallying to help make up any difference in the lack of yearly financial needs under our own accord since 'hounding' brings 'discontent' among 'users'.

Osteomata
12/14/2009, 03:51 PM
I'm sure glad I never get involved in contentious threads. ;)

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 04:00 PM
Jamas,
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Jamas, I got your back too, just in a different way. :)
Tom, I shall crush you... :madb: j/k ;)

Speaking of "Can't let it go"... Nobody seems to want to buy giant Jeep toys right now so if any VXers or friends of VXers are interested, I'll let my Jeep go for only $4000. It's worth $1500 more than that and it even has lug nuts AND a steering wheel! :bgwo:

Moncha
12/14/2009, 04:04 PM
I'll let my Jeep go for only $4000. It's worth $1500 more than that and it even has lug nuts AND a steering wheel! :bgwo:

What about a tilt wheel?

Oh, snap! I shouldn't have said that! :)

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 04:07 PM
OH CARP! It doesn't have a tilt wheel... BUT you can scale some huge boulders and when the whole thing flexes out the two front "steering wheels" DO tilt because they are on a solid axle!! :P

CrnCnn
12/14/2009, 04:28 PM
Jamas,
Peace.
Tom

p.s.

You dont like my Jeep?
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jimmylongwong/IMG_1352.jpg

Triathlete
12/14/2009, 04:35 PM
You dont like my Jeep?
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jimmylongwong/IMG_1352.jpg

That is the ultimate jeep to build. Love the old flat fenders. :thumbup:

Zues, if you deliver it, I'll give you $750 for the jeep! :bwgy:

spaceCADETzoom
12/14/2009, 04:37 PM
Well, if there's one thing that's common among most forums is a distinct hierarchy of "regulars" and visitors. It's one thing I've always liked about VX.info: a distinct lack of this "us vs. outsiders" vibe. Now, I don't necessarily think you were "wrong" on anything, Jamas. But I don't understand how anyone could not concede that your initial comments in that thread could be construed as rough. Key word, construed. Light jabbing, sure, but justnauty was a complete stranger whose classified ad had a heckler on the very first response. Tilt wheel? YEah, it illicits eye rols, or laughs. And yeah, good on you for bringing it up. But surely, something along the lines of, "justnauty, it would help you sell your wonderfuil vx if you posted pictures, mileage, and other information that is not a given on a forum of vx enthusiasts," has a less likely chance to offend than somthing snarky. Typing out that you were referring to the post and it wasn't personal is a lot like saying "by all due respect." It doesn't make the rest of the message all rosy. As moncha notes, it all just seems to be the thread starting off on the wrong foot; and limitations of internet forum communication leading to miscommunication. On top of this, she got jumpy...and there's that snowball.

Again though, I would like to point out that I'd hate this forum to become like all the other forums I've been through over the years and years (most of them dealing with specific cars). There's a distinct culture and personality here that's special. A culture that doesn't have some oligarch of jaded forum regulars that gang up on "newbs." With their inside jokes and snobby attitudes and blindly "having each others' backs." Can you see how much worse that thread would have been had it started off like it did, then snowballed even greater with posts from 10 other "regulars" telling jusnauty off? THe effect on that OP is not what I would lament. If it turned out to be several members telling OP how stupid she was rather than the needless exchange contained to just those two participants, I'd be tempted to completely leave VX.info myself (rather than the semi-lurking I've done for years).

Moncha
12/14/2009, 04:39 PM
Is that a Recaro seat?

crager34
12/14/2009, 04:57 PM
In my opinion, it is of no consequence that Jamas is a long time user/poster here and the OP of that thread (which I seen) was a newbie. I do think they made some simple mistakes with how they were presenting the "sale" of their VX. Yes, most of us here know you Jamas, but your reply could have been and obviously was construed with some sort of ill intent.

Who is at fault here then? Who has the responsibility of making sure the communication is received as it is sent? In my world, I take what people say as what they mean. If my perception is off, then I ask questions.

Again and in my opinion: I say both of you were a bit off or even wrong. They were a bit to sensitive to what you said, and you were not clear on your intent. Now.... what was the outcome? We lost what could have possibly been a valuable member of this VX "family".

This one might be a bit harsh, but I promise it is only meant for perspective. Jamas, you said you were thinking about leaving due to this. Could it be that you are being a bit to sensative about this, much like that OP was to your comment?

In closing: THINK before you speak. THINK before you act.

Scott Harness
12/14/2009, 05:35 PM
Thinking before you speak?!I never thought of that;)

JAMAS
12/15/2009, 05:32 AM
But surely, something along the lines of, "justnauty, it would help you sell your wonderfuil vx if you posted pictures, mileage, and other information that is not a given on a forum of vx enthusiasts," has a less likely chance to offend than somthing snarky.

Okay, if that is the case. Why couldnt he have done the same.

justnauty could have just as easily said...

"if you are not interested in purchasing, please don't make any comments" or something to that tune.

I made a comment which I had honestly meant as a comment on the general ads of the global car industry. He clearly copied and pasted that ad from somewhere. Look in the paper, or listen to one of those car sales tv shows with the big guy selling cars as they drive through. "Its got A/C and floor mats, only $2,942" I meant no disrespect to his ad at all. If it came off that way, than HE misunderstood. Its pretty hard to misunderstand his attack on me. My reply to those attacks were a little bit more "snarky", but that is because of the un-deniable verbal attack. I have put alot of "good credit" in so when I make a misunderstood comment and need to withdraw some "bad credit" it shouldn't be a big deal. All this dude had was "bad credit". And no I am not leaving the site. My reason for saying that I hope this doesnt begin my dissapearance from the site, was becuase I dont want to continue to add trust and friendship "energy" towards the site if I didnt have the same coming from the other side. I would have simply become a "lurker" and read the troubleshooting threads as needed.

I appreciate the supportive comments and the light hearted joking to help clear the air.

I feel at this point, everything that needs to have been said, has. So since the horse is dead, lets not beat it any further.

tom4bren
12/15/2009, 07:25 AM
So since the horse is dead, lets not beat it any further.

Great ... now ya just pissed off all the animal activists on the board.

ZEUS
12/15/2009, 07:34 AM
YAY!!! Tom should always be the first one to post after reading about a dead horse! ;)

nfpgasmask
12/15/2009, 08:48 AM
I don't know what the original post was, nor did I read all the replies here, but I will say this:

This is an Internet forum. There is absolutely nothing on here that anyone should get riled up over. The fact that people get angry over things said online is about as ridiculous as getting pissed off over a video game.

I dunno, that's just my opinion. Real life takes precedence over virtual life for me. That is why you didn't see me on that thread. I have too many real things to worry about to get worked up over some crap someone said online.

You all know me as a very opinionated person. I am. And while you might think I am getting heated about an issue because of the way I write (prime example, my discussion about the color of the hood insert with circmand) I can assure you it is all in good fun.

:_beer:

Bart

ZEUS
12/15/2009, 09:40 AM
FORGET YOU, GASMASK! ...if that is indeed your real name... :)

tom4bren
12/15/2009, 10:12 AM
YAY!!! Tom should always be the first one to post after reading about a dead horse! ;)

I was wondering if anyone would remember when I had that siggy. Trust brutha Zeus to pull it from the dregs of hiz memory.

Kona-Vs
12/15/2009, 10:59 AM
Hey I'm a newbie and I expect to take some knocks from the established If your new lighten up it's all in fun

ZEUS
12/15/2009, 11:28 AM
Hey Kona, welcome to the forum. Out of curiosity, how long have you had your Ebony? I am wondering if it is "Dino's" old VX or not...?

Moncha
12/15/2009, 11:32 AM

:badhorse:

Just for him!

JAMAS
12/15/2009, 11:38 AM

Just for him!

HA! Love it

tom4bren
12/15/2009, 11:57 AM
I ain't feelin the love!!:whiteflag:

Gotta hand it to Scott. He has a smiley for EVERY occasion (IIRC even Zeus stole his from da Boss).

Moncha
12/15/2009, 12:04 PM
Awwww, you should feel the love, not everybody gets his own smiley!

tom4bren
12/15/2009, 12:06 PM
:embarasse

Anita
12/15/2009, 12:59 PM

Just for him!

I dont know.... there is some kissies going on there with the biting. Hmmmmm....

psychos2
12/15/2009, 02:51 PM
Okay, if that is the case. Why couldnt he have done the same.

justnauty could have just as easily said...

"if you are not interested in purchasing, please don't make any comments" or something to that tune.

I believe justnauty was a women and it was not her that posted the comments , it was her husband. shawn

VXR
12/15/2009, 03:08 PM
The fact that people get angry over things said online is about as ridiculous as getting pissed off over a video game.

You have never got pissed off at a video game? Your not playing the right games:bgwb:

spaceCADETzoom
12/15/2009, 04:11 PM
Hey I'm a newbie and I expect to take some knocks from the established If your new lighten up it's all in fun
But that was my point. WHy should you expect that? WHy should post count be a factor on whether one can be a blankety-blank? Horse may be beaten, but the thread in question snowballed because of TWO participants. Maybe I'm the blankety-blank here for reiterating that. Sorry.

JAMAS
12/16/2009, 05:38 AM
But that was my point. WHy should you expect that? WHy should post count be a factor on whether one can be a blankety-blank?

I agree that new members shouldnt be "hazed". I am not sure if you read the original thread in question, but that IS NOT WHAT I WAS DOING. It was a misunderstanding. However, the harsh reaction is why I got rather sarcastic in my followup posts with that husband/wife team.

Post count is only a factor because I have proven myself close to 500 times, in less than one year, to be a respectable person. Who's to say that, that husband/wife wouldn't have continued to be harsh and jumpy to everyone else. I don't consider post count a seniority thing, just a better sampling of a person's character.

Its been almost a week since the original post in question. I have gotten over the matter, lets just call it over and drop it.

Thanks.

tomdietrying
12/16/2009, 06:17 AM
I don't consider post count a seniority thing, just a better sampling of a person's character.

Hmmmmmm, have you seen the top five posters? lol :bwgy: - jk

Peace.
Tom

ZEUS
12/16/2009, 07:43 AM
I don't consider post count a seniority thing, just a better sampling of a person's character.
Thanks.
That's why I like to delete old posts! :p

VX KAT
12/16/2009, 08:46 AM
Found where they listed their VX for sale...
Wow, check out that engine bay pic....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160387684580&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123#ht_500wt_928

Moonrover
12/16/2009, 08:59 AM
Wow, check out that engine bay pic....

looks like that baby has seen better days, some TLC is definitively in order

nfpgasmask
12/16/2009, 09:05 AM
You have never got pissed off at a video game? Your not playing the right games:bgwb:

Actually, I kicked a hole through my coffee table over Tekken Tag Tournament years ago. :D And yes, after I cooled down I realized how ridiculous it was of me to do that. Tekken is the only game that gets me heated.

:laughing: Bart

ZEUS
12/16/2009, 11:00 AM
I destroyed my last PS2 which pissed me off because it kept scratching discs and skipping and stuff - one of those things I would have regretted had the PS2 not already become broken. Getting mad at inanimate objects is just as bad as getting mad at video games... but it is WAAAAY more fun cuz you can get physical, physical... I wanna get physical! Let me hear your body talk...

And I'm back...

Ldub
12/16/2009, 11:04 AM
Getting mad at inanimate objects is just as bad as getting mad at video games... but it is WAAAAY more fun cuz you can get physical, physical... I wanna get physical! Let me hear your body talk...

And I'm back...

Dang yer weird boy...:yes:..:uhohgray:

But in a good way!

The kind that makes my day..:laughing:.:laughing:.:dan_ban:.:laughing:. :laughing:

tom4bren
12/16/2009, 12:27 PM
Maybe we should let him into our 'nutz' club.

nfpgasmask
12/16/2009, 01:37 PM
Let's Get Physical...I LOVE the Revolting Cocks version of that song.... :D

Bart

ZEUS
12/16/2009, 02:17 PM
Maybe we should let him into our 'nutz' club.HA! You guys are like two peas in a pod... like two nuts in a sack - I can't interfere with that. Besides, everyone knows I'm the prick in the middle spouting things off the top of my head! :bgwo: Somewhere out there is a butthole behind us talking crap! :yeso:

Ldub
12/16/2009, 02:20 PM
:bgwo: Somewhere out there is a butthole behind us talking crap! :yeso:

Hmmmmmmmm...:_thinking

ZEUS
12/16/2009, 03:23 PM
Let's Get Physical...I LOVE the Revolting Cocks version of that song.... :D

Bart"No pain no gain! WAAAAHHHH!" Haven't heard that name in a long time... never heard their version of that song before today - good stuff. WAAAAHHHH!!! :D

nfpgasmask
12/16/2009, 03:37 PM
"No pain no gain! WAAAAHHHH!" Haven't heard that name in a long time... never heard their version of that song before today - good stuff. WAAAAHHHH!!! :D

Beers, Steers, + Queers is probably one of my all time favorite albums. I never get sick of it.

Bart

ZEUS
12/16/2009, 04:50 PM
Would you say you "can't let it go"? We gotta stay on topic ya know...

Moncha
12/16/2009, 07:05 PM
Wow, now I cornfused!!! There's tooooo many body parts showing up in this thread!

tom4bren
12/17/2009, 06:04 AM
Wow, now I cornfused!!! There's tooooo many body parts showing up in this thread!

& Hetzer talkin 'bout runnin round the house nekkid in another thread ... I may hafta start drinkin to purge the grey matter of these disturbing mental images.

Anita
12/17/2009, 01:45 PM
Talk about images, I would like a special Christmas VX photo by Dumke. :yesb:

Ldub
12/17/2009, 01:47 PM
Talk about images, I would like a special Christmas VX photo by Dumke. :yesb:

Just watch "rocky horror" & call it a day...:yesgray:...:laughing:

VX-157
12/17/2009, 01:58 PM
& Hetzer talkin 'bout runnin round the house nekkid in another thread ... I may hafta start drinkin to purge the grey matter of these disturbing mental images.

Free willy i say...and not the whale.....:yeso:

Moncha
12/17/2009, 06:41 PM
Free willy.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!