PDA

View Full Version : Researched, and now have a plan

Polie
12/12/2009, 11:27 PM
So after some research here on the forum I wanted to run this buy you guys before I started ordering parts.

I plan on running 34x10.50x16 tires on stock rims. When it comes to wheelin I don't plan on going to crazy, it is mostly going to be used for snow wheeling and general play.(ie grocery getter :) ) Anything more and I will use another vehicle.

Now to fit the 34's it looks like I will be using 919's or 929's with a 1" spacer should be enough with a little trimming, is that assumption correct? The reasons I am thinking of heavier springs is because I do plan on carrying loads and towing quite often. One of the first mods I will be doing is installing a MUCH larger engine oil and transmission oil cooler.

Ldub
12/13/2009, 01:05 AM
That sounds about right...:thumbup:

You may have to do some :smack: mods to the inside rear of the front fender well, but it's not too difficult or noticable.

Be prepaired to change the CV boots after lifting, it's not if, but when...:smilewink

Also, you may wish to think about routing the trans cooler lines so that it can be by-passed when not towing...just a thought.

http://www.digi-panel.com/digidevicesweb/trannyoil.htm

:luck:

Polie
12/13/2009, 01:16 AM
I was going to order the Mecatech boot kit and do it at the same time. A buddy of mine is coming over and we should be able to do everything in a few hours. He is an ASE mechanic, so I tend to lean on him stuff like that. lol

On second thought, maybe I should buy 2 sets of boot ;D

Ldub
12/13/2009, 01:22 AM
I was going to order the Mecatech boot kit and do it at the same time. A buddy of mine is coming over and we should be able to do everything in a few hours. He is an ASE mechanic, so I tend to lean on him stuff like that. lol

I always carry a spare in my wallet...:uhohgray:

Errr...I mean tool box...:yesgray:

tom4bren
12/14/2009, 07:03 AM

Don't forget to get the installation instructions from the Download section. They'll save you a lot of time.

Darlington off road sells diff drop brackets that'll save your boots after a lift (I had a guy mod'ing them too but I don't have any stock brackets at the moment).

tom4bren
12/14/2009, 07:04 AM
I always carry a spare in my wallet...:uhohgray:

Errr...I mean tool box...:yesgray:

I have no response to that.

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 09:42 AM
With that tire diameter and the stock backspacing, I wonder if you will be rubbing the sway bar when steering to full lock. I think you should definitely use a diff drop bracket to save your CV's. I dropped my diff and have been using the same Mecatec boots for a year and a half, I think, without issue. The low-profile front bumpstops may help you out too since you may be going large on lift. You may want to contact WiSdOm here as he usually has a lead on 4.77 gears for cheap. 4.77's should mesh really well with that tire size. So you could lift now and add tires, then perhaps watch the boots fall apart. If you decide on the gear swap, a diff drop and boot change at the same time makes a lot of sense. You probably noticed the topic of ball joint flipping as well...? I also recommend the braided brake lines to get your braking back.
Have fun!
So after some research here on the forum I wanted to run this buy you guys before I started ordering parts.

I plan on running 34x10.50x16 tires on stock rims. When it comes to wheelin I don't plan on going to crazy, it is mostly going to be used for snow wheeling and general play.(ie grocery getter :) ) Anything more and I will use another vehicle.

Now to fit the 34's it looks like I will be using 919's or 929's with a 1" spacer should be enough with a little trimming, is that assumption correct? The reasons I am thinking of heavier springs is because I do plan on carrying loads and towing quite often. One of the first mods I will be doing is installing a MUCH larger engine oil and transmission oil cooler.

tom4bren
12/14/2009, 10:04 AM
Don't forget to get the installation instructions from the Download section. They'll save you a lot of time.

Darlington off road sells diff drop brackets that'll save your boots after a lift (I had a guy mod'ing them too but I don't have any stock brackets at the moment).

Oh yeah, I forgot. You can also fab up diff drops using an old Jeep bumper.:)

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 11:16 AM
I imagine a Sami bumper would work just as well... ;)