PDA

View Full Version : Funniest VX questions

Triathlete
12/11/2009, 06:38 PM
So last night I was at a meeting for judging at a rock crawling event when one of the other guys rolls up in his Toyota pickup. He parks behind me, gets out of his truck with his girlfriend and begins to circle and check out the VX. They then walk over to me and ask...
"Hey, does that thing float"?
After telling them that it won't, his girlfriend looks at him and says..."See, I told you it wouldn't"!
They were being completely serious!

So, anybody else gotten asked any funny questions?

lasturbo
12/11/2009, 08:07 PM
Who makes this spacecraft???

Grif
12/11/2009, 08:15 PM
"I read that this is a 'halo' vehicle. Is it supposed to be a real-life 'Warthog'?

Ldub
12/11/2009, 11:17 PM
HEY...isn't that stuff supposed to be dead.....ly?...:deadgray:

handeeman
12/12/2009, 08:31 AM
I put a "SEAL Team 4" sticker on my back glass and the other day while gasing up a guy asked me if the VX was used by the SEALs ? I told him yes but only during special-ops, when they needed quick ins and outs.

Scott Harness
12/12/2009, 08:45 AM
Just the "classic" is that a 2008,2009,2010...what ever year it is.HA!:bgwb:

nemo
12/12/2009, 10:00 AM
I had a guy ask me once if it was a "new car"? He had never seen one and I guess it looked pretty new to him.

Ed

VX-157
12/12/2009, 04:49 PM
A couple of weeks ago i was at the servo paying for my fuel. The guy behind the counter commented that new cars have so much plastic. I think his jaw dropped about 5 cm when i told him it was 10 years old. :yesgray:

Jgauvin921
12/12/2009, 07:15 PM
a few months ago some guy asked me if i completed a triathlon. After explaining the car was a special edition and it was ten years old he still didnt understand why i had triathlon on my VX

Axelivan
12/13/2009, 05:27 AM
all of them , jajaja

Gussie2000
12/13/2009, 08:53 AM
Friday night this young guy on his WRX approached me asking me where can he join the rally race,i love "that" car of yours,every morning i drive by & looked at "that" (my baby) i feel excited but shy to ask if i can be a competitor.

I was like : Which rally ? :confused:

That dakar rally you go racing he replay,where you guys go rallying :o

I couldn't hold my self & just laugh about it,he saw the dakar rally stickers on my horse's windows & thought i were a dakar rally racer ha.:p

However,i just expense some time & explain him was what all about the dakar rally.

He looked a bit dissapointed,like "damn it,how could i missed that man" :(

uncle_asa
12/13/2009, 10:10 AM
"Is it made of plastic?"
"Is it chineese vehicle?"
One police officer to another: "Mike, look what you can do from the Niva (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada_Niva)" :winko:

JHarris1385
12/13/2009, 10:48 AM
Pretty close to your floating comment.

I have been asked if it was submersible. Once I said no they guy said oh well I meant is able to drive on land and water.

Gussie2000
12/13/2009, 06:02 PM
Pretty close to your floating comment.

I have been asked if it was submersible. Once I said no they guy said oh well I meant is able to drive on land and water.

Haha
It's funny to see people's reaction whenever they look the VX ten years later.

Back in summer season while visiting my sis who lives in stamford,CT i went with my niece to purchase some stuf @ the licour store.
Once out side the store there was this mom & her 5 years old kid just yielling at her:

Look,mom,look !

The mom were trying to get the kid into the back seat of her SUV but the kid kept yielling her & refraining from be seated.

My niece were laughing like oh uncle,i couldn't believe little kids will go nuts on your car like that.

I felt so touch by the way the kid was that much into the VX that i had to stop & give him the little hot wheel VX i had in the spare dashboard pocket.,but i didn't mind that at all,i knew i was doing the right thing.

More incredibly was the kid's reaction when i hand him the toy,he look at the toy,then look at the VX,looked at the toy again like trying to understand : WOW,it's the same,i got my VX ! :p

the worried mom : Oh my god,he wouldn't go to bed tonight.

Few moments after he looked at me with this angel smile on his face saying "thank you sr" & got into the mom's SUV waving at me.
One thing for sure,he will be part of the new gen of VX'ers :yesy:

mdwyer
12/14/2009, 09:17 AM
I was asked if it was a hybrid.

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 09:19 AM
My newest favorite was, "I have never seen a rubber car before! How cool!"

samneil2000
12/14/2009, 12:29 PM
I felt so touch by the way the kid was that much into the VX that i had to stop & give him the little hot wheel VX i had in the spare dashboard pocket.,but i didn't mind that at all,i knew i was doing the right thing.

That was really nice of you Gussie. Good job representing the family :yesb:

erland
12/14/2009, 04:24 PM
I had a guy ask me "How did you squeeze a V8 into such a small ride?". "Cause the way you took off back there it looked like a V8."

Gussie2000
12/14/2009, 04:48 PM
I had a guy ask me "How did you squeeze a V8 into such a small ride?". "Cause the way you took off back there it looked like a V8."

hahahaha that is crazy :p

Gussie2000
12/14/2009, 04:48 PM
That was really nice of you Gussie. Good job representing the family :yesb:

Thank you sam. :o

Gussie2000
12/14/2009, 04:49 PM
My newest favorite was, "I have never seen a rubber car before! How cool!"

Hahaha ! :p

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah Gussie, I guess that's what I get for bed lining the cladding... Imagine what funny comments SPAZZ would get! We got some fast food in Boise one day (SPAZZ and I) and the cashier had to blink and take a step back when he saw a VX completely covered in Line-X. He said, "Well, I guess you don't worry about ANYTHING do you!?? We thought it was pretty funny!

Triathlete
12/14/2009, 06:24 PM

Maybe he saw this...
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/406ls1invxtopview.jpg
Yes, that is a VX and yes that is an LS1.:yesy:

Gussie2000
12/14/2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah Gussie, I guess that's what I get for bed lining the cladding... Imagine what funny comments SPAZZ would get! We got some fast food in Boise one day (SPAZZ and I) and the cashier had to blink and take a step back when he saw a VX completely covered in Line-X. He said, "Well, I guess you don't worry about ANYTHING do you!?? We thought it was pretty funny!

LOL i quite sure carwash shops are all having hard time getting you in there to drop any pennies into the tips vault :p

Here in NYC you can catch women looking hard towards my toy like :

Who the hell can be the mad man to build something like that :p

Mile High VX
12/22/2009, 01:45 PM
So I had my first "Hey that's cool, but what is it?" encounter. This guy leaning on his F150 waiting to load some stuff at the furniture store looks over when I pull up. Looks away and then looks back. Walks around the VX to see if he can tell what it is (it's ISUZU is debadged) and then comes up and starts talking to me about it. It was awesome!

Just one of the reasons that I wanted to own one of these great vehicles.

nfpgasmask
12/22/2009, 01:52 PM
Random guy at gas station: "Wow, you must be a big fan of Jurassic Park?"

Me: "Ummm, no, not really :_huh:"

Random guy at gas station: "Oh, well, I figured you were since you have one of those trucks from the movie."

Me: "O......K.....:_wtf:"

Bart

alterastro
12/22/2009, 02:09 PM
When I first posted on my club forum that I'd just bought one, I too had a couple of comments about it looks like it would float and some comedian said it looks just like this: http://www.funmansion.com/pics/aqua_car.html

It doesn't, but I can see where he was coming from :bgwo:

Nick

Knigh7s
12/22/2009, 02:18 PM
Back in 08 was at the gas station late at night, the cashier ran out to ask me if it was the new 08 porche, and how the hell i got it before anyone else. had my laughs and drove off.

Another time i was driving down the street when a car flew by me, slammed on his breaks so i can catch up and asked if that is the 09 porche and wanted to buy it from me there and now. I responded with no, its an 01 isuzu and he looked at me like i was stupid and drove off.

note: there is absolutly nothing on my car that would indicate anything close to being a porche...

VXR
12/22/2009, 03:32 PM
I was asked if it was a hybrid.

X2

Triathlete
12/22/2009, 04:02 PM
Another time i was driving down the street when a car flew by me, slammed on his breaks so i can catch up and asked if that is the 09 porche and wanted to buy it from me there and now. I responded with no, its an 01 isuzu and he looked at me like i was stupid and drove off.

note: there is absolutly nothing on my car that would indicate anything close to being a porche...

Should of said yep...$80,000 CASH and it is yours.:bwgy:
Just think of the VX and mods you could have done...gotta be thinking fast!

VX crazy
12/22/2009, 04:20 PM
Back in 2004 on way back from Moab, in either New Mexico or far west Texas, Tone and I were getting gas......both of the VXs and both debadged with the black wheels.....and people at the gas station were asking what they were, we said we couldnt give any information but that they were test vehicles for the government or something like that......and you see the west texas blank stare back atcha.....lol

VX-157
12/22/2009, 09:31 PM
Not the funniest thing said to me but the best thing would have to been today when i went to pick up the misses. A attractive lady came up to me and told me she was in total lust with my car.

it turns out she has done her research about the vehi and knew her stuff. i was highly impressed!

i told her about the forum etc.

Cheers

circmand
12/24/2009, 10:29 AM
Not the funniest thing said to me but the best thing would have to been today when i went to pick up the misses. A attractive lady came up to me and told me she was in total lust with my car.

it turns out she has done her research about the vehi and knew her stuff. i was highly impressed!

i told her about the forum etc.

Cheers

There are some quality bachelors that drive the VX as well. There as least one who drives a Proton he is a great guy and really good looking

samneil2000
12/24/2009, 04:45 PM
There are some quality bachelors that drive the VX as well. There as least one who drives a Proton he is a great guy and really good looking

No, I think Marlin is married... :p
Hahaha I kid.