PDA

View Full Version : Holly articulation from hell batman!

Triathlete
12/11/2009, 02:42 PM
Check this thing out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcy-KN_rKHM) ;eeko;

SBC
12/11/2009, 03:21 PM
;ooo;...dude could use some gription tread on the sidewalls of his tires for climbing those verticals sideways like that.........damn sweet

PK
12/11/2009, 03:33 PM
Check this thing out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcy-KN_rKHM) ;eeko;

Certainly no roads where he goes!!!!!

That is impressive.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

PK

Riff Raff
12/11/2009, 03:49 PM
Very impressive, indeed. It seemed to be only limited by the shoddy traction he was getting with those lame tires that quickly filled-up with mud. If it had some more aggressive "PitBull" brand tires on it, then it wouldn't have any trouble. Still, some of the terrain it was able to conquer is mind-boggling. I loved how the main chassis was able to be level no matter what angle the terrain was.

I laughed at the CJ-5 Jeep that was trying to keep up with him. I could tell the driver was getting frustrated, as the other modified vehicle was making him look plain silly.

Thanx for sharing, Billy. You always seem to find the most radical video's. This video in particular is a great find and very intriging to watch.

VXorado
12/11/2009, 04:02 PM
Wow, really impressive. Now I'd like to see it drive 75MPH on the interstate, I'm guessing that will be less impressive. Either way, its super cool.

Triathlete
12/11/2009, 04:50 PM
Wow, really impressive. Now I'd like to see it drive 75MPH on the interstate, I'm guessing that will be less impressive. Either way, its super cool.

Just think though...small car of motorcycle stops in front of you, you don't want to stop, lift front and rear all the way up and smile as you drive over:bwgy:

Knivx
12/11/2009, 04:55 PM
It looks like he was copying the suspension and drive idea from the Warthog truck on Halo (xbox). I've often thought how cool it'd be to build/have something like that, but really, why would you ever really need it? Might would be something for the military to look into using but i'll just stick to my good old leaf springs and coils and so forth for now.

lasturbo
12/11/2009, 05:01 PM
Just think though...small car of motorcycle stops in front of you, you don't want to stop, lift front and rear all the way up and smile as you drive over:bwgy:

LOL Billy. I forwarded that link to all my off-road friends.Thanx!!

pbkid
12/11/2009, 05:20 PM
ya, thats really crazy billy.... it would definately piss off all the regular offroaders at crawling meets...

interesting.... but it seems like it would be so easy that it would be boring..

RabidPony
12/11/2009, 06:16 PM
Am I the only one that thins the suspension on that thing looks like the suspension on a Warthog?

tomdietrying
12/11/2009, 06:32 PM
It looks like he was copying the suspension and drive idea from the Warthog truck on Halo (xbox). I've often thought how cool it'd be to build/have something like that, but really, why would you ever really need it? Might would be something for the military to look into using but i'll just stick to my good old leaf springs and coils and so forth for now.

RabidPony, I guess you didn't read all the threads to well.:bwgy:

Peace.
Tom

Marlin
12/11/2009, 08:16 PM
I know what I want from santa. I am thinking that it would have zero road handling ability. It also did not appear to like going from forward to reverse too much.

As for the Jeep with him, I wouldn't want to ride shotgun in that thing, check out the passenger seat in the video going up the hill from the far away shot...

Triathlete
12/12/2009, 02:33 PM
As for the Jeep with him, I wouldn't want to ride shotgun in that thing, check out the passenger seat in the video going up the hill from the far away shot...

Funny, that was one of the first things (other than the others crazy suspention) that stood out to me...scarey!

Triathlete
12/12/2009, 06:30 PM
Here is a bit of info on that thing...

Cams hydraulic Chain-drive 4x4, about 7 feet of up OR down motion on each tire: specs below Engine is a fuel injected Ford 5.0 V8 out of a '93 cobra mustang, c4 transmission and t-case out of an early bronco. 9" w/ 5.38 gears and ARB air locker mounted in the center (below driver) running chain gears on the ends where the swing arms pivot. Swing arms are hydraulically controlled individually or together, and there is coil spring and shock suspension as well. large chains running inside the swing arms turn hummer gear reduction (2:1) hubs at each wheel. tires are 39.5". The steering is linked through the swing arms as well and the steering box is mounted just infront of the axle below the driver. body construction is steel tubing (mostly DOM) and the total weight is 5900 LB.

Marlin
12/12/2009, 08:36 PM
He spent a lot of time and money designing and building that thing. Very cool...very cool indeed.

WormGod
12/14/2009, 08:09 AM
Not into crawlers but man, that thing is absolute! I can only begin to think of the everyday applications for that, heh.

ZEUS
12/14/2009, 09:48 AM
It says the video is private when I get to the link. Anyone else seeing that?

Ldub
12/14/2009, 09:59 AM
It says the video is private when I get to the link. Anyone else seeing that?

Yeh, I watched it before with no problem, but now it says I've gotta log in...:_confused

Cobrajet
12/15/2009, 07:13 AM
He probably got tired of being harassed about the "tread lightly" program, even though he was reportedly on private property. That thing is definitely cool. Like a four-legged spider with wheels.

JHarris1385
12/15/2009, 10:04 AM
Yup I was going to show it to a friend and now it is private!

don moore
12/15/2009, 12:57 PM
some people cant leave things alone...grrrrr

Triathlete
12/15/2009, 01:06 PM
Here are a few pics since the vid is down...
http://wheelingarizona.com/forums/files/thumbs/t_3831_165.jpg

http://wheelingarizona.com/forums/files/thumbs/t_3957_152.jpg

http://wheelingarizona.com/forums/files/thumbs/t_4063_599.jpg

ZEUS
12/15/2009, 01:28 PM
AHHA! I knew that's the rig you were talking about. I have the Petersen's that contains an article about that thing. In that first pic, is a guy named Curt Hildebrant from Casper, Wyoming. That silver Jeep buggy was his, you should see the buggy he built to replace that one - the front axle and motor are tied together at the frame and their is no front suspension. You sit atop the transmission as if riding an ATV - WILD! He is also the guy who invented the Revolver shackles that Teraflex sells - he also invented a shackle/shock hybrid that has yet to reach the market. This group of guys must be the cutting edge crawlers!