PDA

View Full Version : Say b-bye to pesky crushwasher!

SGT.BATGUANO
08/09/2003, 06:37 PM
Go to Autozone and pick up a magnetic engine oil drainplug that comes with a reuseable nylon washer.

Application: 2001 Trooper, 3.5L (wasn't sure if they'd show one for a VX, or know what a VX is, for that matter)

Their screen showed a warning to check for crankshaft interference, as this drain plug is a good 1/2" longer than factory unit. This is not a problem as the oilpan is offset under the starter. The crank would have to hit the starter before it would hit the drainplug. I did look in the hole to cofirm this, anyway.

Cost: less than $2 out the door.

Peace of mind, Priceless.

paultvx
09/10/2003, 03:08 AM
Hey Sgt., did you get this drain plug? did it fit?

SGT.BATGUANO
09/10/2003, 03:50 PM
Yes , I got it, it fits and I'm using it.. Not to sure about the one on epay. It appears that the magnet on that one is glued on, but I could be wrong. Also, the one from Autozone is pressed in and appears to be a steel magnet, as opposed to the epay one, which looks more like the carbon type that chips easily.

paultvx
09/10/2003, 04:24 PM
Thanks. I'll run out to Autozone in a bit here to pick one up. Going to be doing the 15k service myself... looks like it's going to cost me more than going to the dealer! Synthetics aren't cheap. Yikes.

SGT.BATGUANO
09/10/2003, 04:46 PM
Make sure they give you the REUSEABLE PLASTIC WASHER with the plug. Mine is BLUE.

paultvx
09/10/2003, 11:50 PM
Yup. Got it. Buck sixty nine.