PDA

View Full Version : New Design of the Infiniti FX

Anita
12/07/2009, 08:03 PM
Okay, I am totally bummed. Not happy with the looks of most cars/trucks on the road, I totally planned to get an Infiniti FX to share the garage with the VX.

But now...... why, oh WHY did they change the look of it????? kept on thinking that I was looking at a different model. But no, they dumbed down the design.

I am so depressed. I see the new look is of a boring, common stationwagon. Were sales so bad they had to make such a monumental change? I HATE IT NOW!!!

They make such a big deal of the new mean looking, squinty headlights. It's a mean looking as subaru forester.

Thank you, I just had to vent. Now I have to find something else that's cool, in a world of uncool, mediocre design.:mado::madb::mady2::mado2::mady:

Triathlete
12/07/2009, 08:20 PM
If I were to buy anything for daily driving, there is really nothing new out there that raises my brow when I see it. I would rather have an old Porsche (356), old VW (pre 69) especially the VW Bus, or an old woody surf wagon!:bwgy:

pbkid
12/07/2009, 09:09 PM
ill have to agree... boring now....... :(

the twin-turbo V6 Acura RDX is a nice ride....
http://www.cars.com/features/autoshows/2006/detroit/coverage/images/concept_Acura_RDX_frontangle_cs_430.jpg

cyronman
12/07/2009, 10:36 PM
Look at it this way Anita,

Now you can get a recent model used, and save on the MSRP.:yesgray:

SlowPro48
12/07/2009, 10:53 PM
Well the silver lining in your grey cloud is that (if you don't mind buying used) the price of an FX45 went down when they came out with the new FX50! Maybe you just need to go down to your local BMW dealership and test drive an X6 M...

Just trying to help. :)

Gussie2000
12/08/2009, 06:42 AM
Well the silver lining in your grey cloud is that (if you don't mind buying used) the price of an FX45 went down when they came out with the new FX50! Maybe you just need to go down to your local BMW dealership and test drive an X6 M...

X2

I most agree on this one.
The most cool looking truck on the road is the x6 right now.

On the other hand i'll look at new acura MDX & the GMC acadia

Chopper
12/08/2009, 06:54 AM
The Acura ZDX....the neighborhood kids will think you're Batman

WormGod
12/08/2009, 07:17 AM
ANITA! POST FAIL! NO PICS!

http://www.syrionline.com/cars/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/127.jpg

;)

What? A Forester? No way. I would take a Forester XT over that any day. Just talked my mom into getting one and she is loving it. Especially with that snow we just had.

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/18022069+w750+st0/163_news090506_00z+2009_subaru_forester_2_5xt+fron t_drivers_three_quarters_view.jpg

Though, mine would have to get the "royal" STi swap treatment. ;)

http://www.drivingsports.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/pia09feat.jpg

http://www.drivingsports.com/site/2009/12/fantasy-2009-forester-sti/

Ya ya, I know.... Gary is always talking Subaru smack, hahaha.

vt_maverick
12/08/2009, 07:31 AM

x3 - I previously owned a 2005 FX35 and almost bought a 2006 FX35 a few months ago but decided I wanted something with a lower monthly payment (hence the wife's Axiom). I don't know if you test drove any of the previous gen FX's, but here's some thoughts in case you do look into the used market.

1. Interior was dramatically updated for 2006.
2. Look for one with both the sport and technology packages. This gives you sharper handling plus all the tech goodies like navi, intelligent key (touch the handle to unlock, push button start), etc.
3. IMHO, the 4.5L engine isn't worth the extra $6K they were charging at one time for it. You can get any standard FX45 item as an option on the 35, and having driven both, I can tell you that the only difference (besides worse MPG) you'll feel is when slamming the pedal to the floor from a complete stop. The 3.5L engine is a beast on its own (heck, they put it in the 350Z and G35), plus it doesn't have the oil consumption issues of the 4.5.

I absolutely loved my 2005 FX35, so I definitely think you'd enjoy owning one. Hope that helps! :bwgy:

johnnyapollo
12/08/2009, 08:10 AM
I'd still rather have a TDI Taureg than an FX but generally agree with you on the new style - fugly and uninteresting.

-- John

Anita
12/08/2009, 01:14 PM
BMW X6 = Dream come true (next to my VX)

If i had the extra $$$$ I would buy one in a heartbeat. I have had my eye on that one since they first came out. Walked by one the other day and stopped mid intersection - the hubby had to drag me to the curb. What a hot looking car. And pictures do no justice to the model; you really have to see one up close.

:heart::heart::yes::heart::heart:

nfpgasmask
12/08/2009, 01:17 PM
Don't you hate when they redesign and uglify what was a fairly decent looking whip? I think Nissan completely ruined the Xterra. I liked the style of the original, and I really thought they were keeping pace with the round headlight 03 style, and then the boxy new style came out. ;puke2; It's HORRIBLE.

Bart

VX crazy
12/08/2009, 02:40 PM

If i had the extra $$$$ I would buy one in a heartbeat. I have had my eye on that one since they first came out. Walked by one the other day and stopped mid intersection - the hubby had to drag me to the curb. What a hot looking car. And pictures do no justice to the model; you really have to see one up close.

:heart::heart::yes::heart::heart:

No joke girl, I want the X6!! BAD......

But when I first saw one here last year, they were checking out the VX....LOL

Gussie2000
12/08/2009, 02:46 PM
Don't you hate when they redesign and uglify what was a fairly decent looking whip? I think Nissan completely ruined the Xterra. I liked the style of the original, and I really thought they were keeping pace with the round headlight 03 style, and then the boxy new style came out. ;puke2; It's HORRIBLE.

Bart

So bart,to me the new X-terra is the best looking & more off roading capable of all.

The two only drawnback done by nissan are the new rogue & the re-designed murano,i'll rather get my hands on the X-terra.
Only con I found on the new X-terra are the cheapy looking interior,if they go a bit foward offering better trims they'll be on the right path for sure.

SlowPro48
12/08/2009, 10:53 PM

Same here. And as long as I'm dreaming, I might as well dream about the M version!

I rode in the Hybrid version last summer and was blown away. It weighs almost 3 tons but it moves like a sports car. When you romp on it you get motive force not only from the twin turbo V8 but also the two electric motors kick in. That thing is QUICK!!! And the M version is even quicker. But the most impressive thing (from this VX owner standpoint anyway) was the rearview camera that projects one's path on the screen as one backs up. Turn the wheel and lines on the display move to show you where you will go as you are backing and which Big Wheel you will run over, etc. - even before you start moving. Amazing.

CrnCnn
12/09/2009, 07:07 AM

If i had the extra $$$$ I would buy one in a heartbeat.

:yesb::yesgray::yesy::yeso:

vt_maverick
12/09/2009, 07:57 AM

Bart

So bart,to me the new X-terra is the best looking & more off roading capable of all.

The two only drawnback done by nissan are the new rogue & the re-designed murano,i'll rather get my hands on the X-terra.
Only con I found on the new X-terra are the cheapy looking interior,if they go a bit foward offering better trims they'll be on the right path for sure.

Eh, I'm torn. I've driven the new Xterra, and it has a cavernous interior and much more powerful engine (without FI) compared to the old model. But I agree that the styling isn't as edgy as it once was. The interior is chintzy in either generation, and I was especially bummed to learn that factory navi wasn't an option on any model (all the way up through 2008!). I think the just did a minor body/interior update, but it looks like more of the same to me. Hopefully the next upgrade will strike a better balance and offer more options.

In the end I turned down a newer Xterra and Wrangler Unlimited for the VX and have never look back!

nfpgasmask
12/09/2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I just don't like the way the new X looks, period. The squared off wheel wells completely ruined it for me. I also think it looks bulky and awkward. The Xterra always had a small to medium sized look to it, and now it looks BIG and UGLY.

The years with the round headlights look the best, imo. If I bought another X, it would end up looking something like this - minus the ugly snorkel (I hate snorkels).

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/rs1620/XterraWheels003.jpg

Still, nothing compared to the coolness of the VX.

Bart

VXorado
12/11/2009, 05:34 AM
Still, nothing compared to the coolness of the VX.

First comment on this thread I completely agree with! :yesy:

I still think the new FX looks good, but not as good as the last gen.

I think the Forester is ugly, but the sti is amazing

The acura is alright

BMW X6 is awesome

Last gen Xterra beats the new gen Xterra hands down

VXorado
12/11/2009, 05:43 AM
These are a huge fad around here. They may not be as comfy as the FX, but you could go almost anywhere.

Pinzgauer
top speed: 65 MPH