PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual (2009) Arizona VX and friends Camping/Wheeling Trip pics and videos.

Triathlete
12/06/2009, 04:46 PM
Well, another great trip is in the books. 3 vehicles showed...me in my VX w/my friend Ben (wife couldn't get out of work:(), Steve in his Jeep Sahara (previous Amigo owner Dryheat on the Zu boards) w/his son Trevor, and Steves brother Mike w/his son Mat.
After meeting up in Mammoth and airing down we were welcomed with this...
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/Triathlete/Rug%20road%2009/IMG_0063.jpg
...and then the batteries in my camera immediately died:mady:
Fortunately I had my video camera with me...the videos will come soon as well as the pics the others took (when they send them to me).
We had great weather...mid 60's, clear skies and sunshine during the day. The night was a different story...clear skies, tons of stars in the sky and mid 20's...Bbrrrrrrrr! But it made the huge camp fire that much more appreciated. And the steaks on the grill were awesome!
Best part was I only got us lost 3-4 times...err, I mean we took the scenic route 3-4 times!:bwgy:

Here is the VIDEO LINK (http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/Triathlete/Rug%20road%2009/?action=view&current=RugRoad09.flv)!

pbkid
12/06/2009, 07:18 PM
haha awesome billy. probably a good thing you guys left at the butt crack o' dawn eh? otherwise you may of experienced some of my kind of offroading.... nighttime!!!

beautiful pic. btw :thumbup:

oh, i guess you'll have to make sure the wife if there next time, because we all know she is the one who keeps the camera charged and takes all the pics for the rest of us.

Triathlete
12/06/2009, 10:04 PM
Video link added in 1st post!:bwgy:
Unfortunately they wouldn't let me upload it with the soundtrack so you don't get to jam to Flogging Molly. Just hum along to the video!

Triathlete
12/08/2009, 09:19 AM
Also discovered that it may not be a good idea to throw an unopened can of corn into a campfire...gives new meaning to "popcorn":bomb: