PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, I am sure you are all excited.

Marlin
11/30/2009, 03:56 PM
I just finished gettin my jaw unwired from the surgery, so I am high on perkocet, drooling, bruised and swollen. I haven't eaten since last monday. It was the most horrible experience ever, waterboarding has got nothing on mandibular advancement and relocation. I thought I was going to die it was so bad. I have lost 14lbs, which is good, but can hardly talk at all, and to make it better, I now have thrush. Never heard of it till today. It is a common affliction in babies, but it is commonly associated with major oral surgery and antiobiotics. I have a yeast infection in my mouth!!! Gross.
I am alright now, being able to breath through my mouth again is good. If only my nose would stop bleeding and my uvlea(SP, little hangy down thing in back of throat) hangs down so it touches my tongue when I swallow since they had to cut all the way down the back of my throat to spread my pallet apart.
My father drove me to my appointment at the hospital about 100 miles away today and wouldn't you know it, I spot a Proton VX in a random BFE parking lot!!!!!!!!!!! I made my dad stop and go back, I took my laptop into the stores to find the owner. It must have looked crazy. I was high, drooling, swollen, can't hardly talk, towel over my face, tracking down the "VX owner" . I showed him a pic of mine as proof (we were in our expy) I have another appointment next Monday, so next week I will swing by again...when I am not high and I can talk. Yippee!!! Another proton. looked pretty stock except roof rack. Kind of blurry with all the drugs and stuff, a glimpse into what some people live like everyday....you know who you are.:bgwb:

nfpgasmask
11/30/2009, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your grill...and I'm not talking about your VX's new bumper!! :rotate:

Oral surgery sucks. I had some once, not fun. Lots of bleeding.

But look on the bright side, my sister got it the worst. Four years ago she got kicked in the face by a horse and has been undergoing facial reconstruction ever since...sucks.

Bart

ZEUS
11/30/2009, 04:38 PM
Welcome back; glad all went to plan! Yeast infection of the mouth, aye? :disturbed That's gotta leave a bad taste in your mouth. YUCK!

"Kind of blurry with all the drugs and stuff, a glimpse into what some people live like everyday....you know who you are." :_confused
Blurry would be alcohol... Foggy would be drugs... "not that there's anything wrong with that." :angel: The two together... now you're talkin! :dan_ban:

tomdietrying
11/30/2009, 04:50 PM
Glad your back. We missed you!

Also, sorry to hear about your vulva being sore. :bwgy:

Peace.
Tom

Marlin
11/30/2009, 04:55 PM

Peace.
Tom

Bart, that sucks about your sis, I cannot even imagine, just give me a mask and get everyone around me drunk so I look good;).

Tom, don't make me laugh, it hurts....but thanks, I needed that. My first car was a 78 volvo wagon, my best friend's mom was a preacher's wife and she always asked how my vulva was doing...LMFAO!!!

ZEUS
11/30/2009, 05:10 PM

Peace.
TomHAHA! Sicko!

Gussie2000
11/30/2009, 05:59 PM
Welcome back buddy ! :)

Just one step at the time & you'll be there for sure................:yeso:

samneil2000
12/01/2009, 06:13 AM
Good luck on the recovery. Don't scare off any would-be members by chasing them down looking like a post-apocalypse zombie. haha

tom4bren
12/01/2009, 07:51 AM
I now have thrush. Never heard of it till today. It is a common affliction in babies, but it is commonly associated with major oral surgery and antiobiotics. I have a yeast infection in my mouth!!! Gross.

Glad you're doing better.

My daughter had thrush when she was a baby. Do they still treat it with Gentain Violet? In retrospect it's funny (wasn't at the time). Paint their tongue purple & they drool purple for a week ... everywhere ... & it don't wash out.

Marlin
12/01/2009, 08:16 AM
Glad you're doing better.

My daughter had thrush when she was a baby. Do they still treat it with Gentain Violet? In retrospect it's funny (wasn't at the time). Paint their tongue purple & they drool purple for a week ... everywhere ... & it don't wash out.

No, they gave me one pill, basically monistat7...I know, laugh it up. Its funnier cause my wife played sax in a ska band while we were in Guam, they were called Moniskat7. Great band, produced a few CDs and everything..."When you just got that skankin feelin" .In case you did not know, the dance associated with ska is called "skanking". I am full of wonderful info for all today, no more pain pills though, living life in a "foggy" world was not for me.

tom4bren
12/01/2009, 08:23 AM
We used to wash out our Golden Retriever's ears with feminin wash because he had a yeast infection in his ears. Now we use ear drops from the vet.

Whatever works.

mdwyer
12/01/2009, 08:50 AM
We used to wash out our Golden Retriever's ears with feminin wash because he had a yeast infection in his ears.

Awww... did your dog have that not-so-fresh feeling?

tom4bren
12/01/2009, 08:59 AM
Awww... did your dog have that not-so-fresh feeling?

Nope, he just stank!!!

Riff Raff
12/03/2009, 04:41 PM
MARLIN--- Welcome back, Buddy!!! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. We missed your infinite words of wisdom here on the site.:bgwb:

ZEUS
12/03/2009, 04:47 PM
MARLIN--- Welcome back, Buddy!!! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. We missed your infinite words of wisdom here on the site.:bgwb:Awe and yuck at the same time! :p
Hope you're healin alright, Chris... and you got that yeasty taste outyo mouth! :)

Marlin
12/03/2009, 05:02 PM
Well, I have lost right at 20lbs in the last 9 days. I managed to puree a McDs double cheeseburger today. Does not taste the same, as a matter of fact it was horribly depressing. I did manage to get down about 1/2 glass of shiraz, boy the surgery was worth it. I feel drunk off just that. Yippee, that bottle should last me like 2 weeks at this rate. I could feel it burn all the stitches too! It was great. Doc said I can have whatever I want, as long as I can tolerate it since I quit taking the pain meds a week ago.

Triathlete
12/03/2009, 05:21 PM
If your losing to much weight you might try supplementing your meals with something like Boost or Ensure. I use them when my training load is high to help get enough caleries and they don't taste all that bad.

Marlin
12/03/2009, 05:46 PM
If your losing to much weight you might try supplementing your meals with something like Boost or Ensure. I use them when my training load is high to help get enough caleries and they don't taste all that bad.

I am using Boost, they taste pretty good, but my protein intake is low enough and with all the healing going on I can't keep up. My calorie intake is somewhere around 1000-1200. Billy, yours is probably like 4000 when you are training...lol. A 15-20% weight loss is normal for a surgery like mine. I am starting to finally get hungry now. It is very depressing to not be able to eat. I also have little to no feeling from the bottoms of my orbital sockets all the way down to my chin. That means, using a straw and talking is very difficult.
Plus the stupid spline fills the whole area in the top of my mouth with plastic, so even pureed food is almost impossible to eat. This blows.

Osteomata
12/03/2009, 05:59 PM
We need pics!

Triathlete
12/03/2009, 06:06 PM
Boost makes a high protien formula. Also might look into protien powders to mix with milk or fruit juice.

Marlin
12/03/2009, 06:08 PM
Ha, this is the most unflattering pic I have ever seen of anyone. I was high as a kite playing Red Faction 2, which was a great game I might add. This is two days after surgery. I will see if Ican get a preop pic from the day before the surgery. I will get a pic tomorrow of my current swelling.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/nfntruth/GEDC0001.jpg

Osteomata
12/03/2009, 06:24 PM
Oh man you do look stoned. No urinalysis for you any time soon.

samneil2000
12/03/2009, 07:08 PM
You look.... shiney. haha

Get well man.

Marlin
12/04/2009, 05:59 AM
You look.... shiney. haha

Get well man.

Yep, when your face swells up double its normal size, turns out that stuff oozes from your skin. Its pretty nasty. I did notice that one of my eyes looks bigger than the other, at least as far as eye opening is concerned. It is not like that normally, another drug effect?
As far as a piss test, I would fail with flying colors, they put enough opiates in me to last a while.
The bad part is, I was taking perkocet every 3-4 hours when I was wired shut by grinding it up and mixing it with water/juice and squirting it down my throat with a catheter tube. Turns out my doc didn't know you can't really that do that long term. I had requested perkocet vice the vicodin (which comes in a liquid form) because I knew perkocet didn't make me sick and it is a pretty wicked pain killer, if I'm gonna do it, might as well enjoy myself;). Since I couldn't use my muscles to swallow, and there was very little saliva production, that powder just started sticking to the top of my tongue. So it seemed I was not getting any pain relief, therefore more pills and so on. Eventually it had built up enough that I could feel it gag me, so I cut the bands holding my mouth shut and low and behold, it was more than a teaspoon of perkocet sludge on top of my tongue. I was in agony for opening my mouth days early, but joy to finally be able to breath and scoop out that gunk. I must have got a double dose at once while scooping it out, cause I got stoned pretty good that morning. My wife was threatening to take me to the ER because the paperwork says if the bands even come loose you are supposed to go in, but eh, I could breath, it didn't hurt, I could talk a bit, life was good. Doc wasn't mad, he said everything looked great and that I was healing really fast. Usually you get massive bruising, but I had very little. I will get a pic later.
Trying to shave when your face is numb is very disconcerting, its even worse with an electric razor as compared to the Mach3, but I am worried about hurting myself with the Mach3.

Mark B
12/04/2009, 04:37 PM
Welcome Back. Get better soon.

Osteomata
12/04/2009, 04:42 PM
I gotta tell you, you are not who I thought you were. Your willingness to make fun of yourself, the self deprication and what not, I just did not expect it from the very limited interaction I have had with you. Well played, Chief.

pbkid
12/04/2009, 05:22 PM
sorry chris, but i was laughing at your stoned arse for at least 3 or 4 minutes just now... awesome pic.

Marlin
12/05/2009, 08:34 AM
I gotta tell you, you are not who I thought you were. Your willingness to make fun of yourself, the self deprication and what not, I just did not expect it from the very limited interaction I have had with you. Well played, Chief.
s
LOL, I will take that as a compliment? I am a bit different at work, great acting job, complete dickhead typical Chief at work, uber annoying obsessive compulsive dork at home. You should see when I go to the MCRD at Parris Island. The recruits always call me "Sir" because of my uniform. One time I stopped and calmly talked to one of them. I told him there is a far worse thing than a "sir" and that is a Chief and that if he is lucky, this will be the only time he ever has to talk to one. I love it, I am sure I changed his outlook on Chiefs forever.
For those that are confused about the Chief references, it is a rank that is unique to the Navy and mildly emulated in the Coast Guard. It is an E7, and we only go to E9 in the enlisted world. We go through a VERY selective process to get promoted and there is a huge initiation and whatnot. Watch any Navy Submarine movie, and you will see the Chief of the Boat. He is always some gnarly old badass. Salty, as we in the business like to say. For those that have met me in person, it is hard to picture me like that, but I assure you, I am damn good at it and hope put on E8 with less than 13 yrs in.

sorry chris, but i was laughing at your stoned arse for at least 3 or 4 minutes just now... awesome pic.

I am glad I could help you laugh.:)

rowhard
12/05/2009, 10:35 AM
Hey Cris, good to see you on the mend. So was your wifes name Courtny Olsen?? they sound pretty goooood

Marlin
12/05/2009, 10:51 AM
Hey Cris, good to see you on the mend. So was your wifes name Courtny Olsen?? they sound pretty goooood

Yep, its Courtney and Chris Olson.

pbkid
12/05/2009, 01:40 PM
For those that have met me in person, it is hard to picture me like that, but I assure you, I am damn good at it and hope put on E8 with less than 13 yrs in.

pssst. dont let him fool ya. he try's to act 'salty' but he aint got nothin... especally in the moab heat. however, moab heat tends to bring everyone down a notch.

Osteomata
12/05/2009, 04:22 PM
That's just because in MOAB he is tragically far from any ocean.

Marlin
12/05/2009, 05:13 PM
That's just because in MOAB he is tragically far from any ocean.

I just thought of all the ocean there 65 million years ago.

rowhard
12/05/2009, 05:48 PM
s
hope put on E8 with less than 13 yrs in.

E8 in 13 is mighty fine, took me 15 but then that was the A.F.

Well done

Marlin
12/06/2009, 08:41 AM
E8 in 13 is mighty fine, took me 15 but then that was the A.F.

Well done

E8 in 13 is the plan...with the military downsizing...I don't know what quotas are gonna look like this year.

ZEUS
12/06/2009, 11:06 AM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa234/nfntruth/GEDC0001.jpg
AHHH!!! "What has been seen can not be unseen!" LOL ;)