PDA

View Full Version : Need a mechanic

lildukester
11/22/2009, 12:36 PM
I have just moved to Hillsboro Oregon and need to get my VX running right. So if anybody knows of a good shop around here can you let me know.
Thanks

handeeman
11/22/2009, 12:44 PM
Hey lildukester, I'm sure member don moore can guide ya ....he's in eugene. ya'll have a good group up that way and i'm sure you'll hear from them as they check-in on site.

don moore
11/22/2009, 01:20 PM
sweet im in eugene.. look me up when your in town...:work:

don moore
11/22/2009, 01:22 PM
there use to be a sweet shop down here but they closed when isuzu pulled out.. check with the portland guys ...im 100 miles away

Riff Raff
11/22/2009, 02:30 PM
I have just moved to Hillsboro Oregon and need to get my VX running right. So if anybody knows of a good shop around here can you let me know.
Thanks

Your best bet is contacting these two(2) active members via E-Mail that live close to you in Hillsboro, OR. They are:

"KeithVXlvr" (Portland, OR),
"JGeorge264" (Vancouver, WA),

Your nearest authorized ISUZU Service Center is:

Braley/Graham Isuzu
9215 S.W. Canyon Road
Portland, OR 97225
TEL: (503) 292-8801

pbkid
11/22/2009, 04:19 PM
"KeithVXlvr" (Portland, OR), E-Mail: keithshoko@yahoo.com

um, i wouldnt contact kevin regarding any vx questions (keithVXlvr)... he no longer owns a vehicross and is not a good member to talk to regarding the VX.

JGeorge264
11/22/2009, 08:04 PM
I've had great dealings with Tigard SUV off Scholls Ferry Rd. They've done alot of work on mine and are very familiar with the vehicle and have reasonable rates. They also give you a loaner car if you need one at no cost. Its nothing fancy but it's wheels when ya need em.

Riff Raff
11/23/2009, 03:05 AM
PB-KID--- Fellow member "KeithVXlvr" may not own a VX anymore because he just recently sold it, but he may have some valid input regarding competent auto repair shops for the VX within the Portland, Oregon area. Sometimes his obscure sense of humor can be misinterpreted the wrong way (it is not meant to be hurtful; only humorous). If you ever got the rare opportunity to actually meet "KeithVXlvr" in person and chat with him, I'm sure you'd find him extremely hilarious to just hang-out with. He is incredibly intelligent as a person and vastly knowledgable of the VX in general.

JGeorge264--- Thank you so very much for your input and advice for quality repair shops near the Vancouver/Portland vicinity. Being able to bring a VX to a specific shop that has previous experience with an actual VX (yours), gives the rest of us confidence and trust to bring our own VX's there as well, without the fear of being a first-time ghinea-pig VX for bewildered auto mechanics scratching their heads. Your comments are much appreciated to the whole PNW-VX community. I sincerely look forward to the day of meeting you in person whenever we can coordinate a VX-meet that will allow your attendence within your work schedule!!!

circmand
11/23/2009, 07:22 AM
PB-KID--- Fellow member "KeithVXlvr" may not own a VX anymore because he just recently sold it, but he may have some valid input regarding competent auto repair shops for the VX within the Portland, Oregon area. Sometimes his obscure sense of humor can be misinterpreted the wrong way (it is not meant to be hurtful; only humorous). If you ever got the rare opportunity to actually meet "KeithVXlvr" in person and chat with him, I'm sure you'd find him extremely hilarious to just hang-out with. He is incredibly intelligent as a person and vastly knowledgable of the VX in general.

JGeorge264--- Thank you so very much for your input and advice for quality repair shops near the Vancouver/Portland vicinity. Being able to bring a VX to a specific shop that has previous experience with an actual VX (yours), gives the rest of us confidence and trust to bring our own VX's there as well, without the fear of being a first-time ghinea-pig VX for bewildered auto mechanics scratching their heads. Your comments are much appreciated to the whole PNW-VX community. I sincerely look forward to the day of meeting you in person whenever we can coordinate a VX-meet that will allow your attendence within your work schedule!!!

Sometimes humor doesnt transfer well into the written word especially if you do not know the person. I myself have been accused of that, Yes Really

lildukester
11/23/2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys for all your input.

KeithVXlvr
11/23/2009, 09:35 AM
Sorry to reply so late..... I was eating a Peanut Butter sandwich and shooting goonies in the woods. :bgwo: Driving my Jeep that goes anywhere !!

I'd suggest starting with Braley/Graham Isuzu they were able to answer some questions, source some parts, touch up paint, etc... I never took the car in there because the one I bought was running perfect and after enjoying it for a few months I sold it before running in to any problems.

However, in my experience, unless you are dealing with some in-depth TOD system problems or something like that, any reputable shop will be able to address your needs. :)

I used the profits to buy a life time supply of Peanut Butter - it is so cheap and nutty !!!!

Good luck.

JGeorge264
11/23/2009, 05:04 PM

At this point my vx sits in my driveway with a near dead transmission. Like Keith, I've become a jeeper. I really miss the vx and it brings tears to my eyes everytime I drive into my driveway and see it sitting there looking so lost and lonely. Still haven't decided if I'm going to sell it as is or keep it and some day down the road get a new tranny put in. Realistically the odds are it's going to be up for sale soon. :( So... probably not going to be making it to any vx meets anytime soon...."I'd be scared to show up there in a jeep" :p

pbkid
11/23/2009, 10:22 PM

well, reckon we'll have to agree to disagree on something once again my friend :_shrug:

lildukester
11/24/2009, 08:12 AM
Hey jeeps are fun. I had a one that I use to take to Moab when I lived in Utah. I sold it and got my VX.

pbkid
11/24/2009, 10:05 AM
Hey jeeps are fun. I had a one that I use to take to Moab when I lived in Utah. I sold it and got my VX.
:thumbup:

JGeorge264
11/24/2009, 01:21 PM
I'm surprised no one has asked what kind of mechanical work you need done? There's a good chance that if we knew what the symptoms are that one of these super vx brainiacs can tell help you out and maybe save you a dime or two.

KeithVXlvr
11/30/2009, 03:44 PM
well, reckon we'll have to agree to disagree on something once again my friend :_shrug:

I am not your friend.

nfpgasmask
11/30/2009, 04:05 PM
I'm surprised no one has asked what kind of mechanical work you need done? There's a good chance that if we knew what the symptoms are that one of these super vx brainiacs can tell help you out and maybe save you a dime or two.

That's what I was gonna say. What exactly are you having trouble with?

I realized while on a road trip this past week, that I *think* I know just enough about my VX to identify most common problems with it. So let's hear what is ailing your VX and maybe we can point you in the right direction, and save you some money at the same time!

Bart

pbkid
12/01/2009, 01:08 PM
I am not your friend.

good thing I wasn't talking to you eh?

Lildukester- give us some info here so we can help you out. Your killing us just Leaving us hanging

lildukester
12/01/2009, 02:22 PM
Ok I am having problems when I start my VX the RPMs will not get over 500 and they bounce from 0 to 500. So I have to press on the gas to keep it running. Sometimes it will then act right and I can drive to work. But other days every time I go to stop it will die on me. So at the lights now I just hold the break and gas so it will keep running. Also it will just die when I and driving down the road at low speeds. (15mph or less). Also when I step on the gas it acts like it wants to stall out. Then it will take off like it should. Thanks Lildukester

tom4bren
12/01/2009, 02:28 PM
Firstest: are you getting a Check Engine Light (CEL)?

Secondly: Try running some high octane fuel. Some members report success with that but I've never had to.

Thirdly: Try running a bottle of fuel injector cleaner on your next fill up.

If that doesn't work, there are some other simple repairs that we can recommend. On the bright side, we may be able to help you fix it with out spending any money. I'm just starting with the simplest things first.

nfpgasmask
12/01/2009, 02:35 PM
Tom's on the right track. If you are getting a Check Engine Light, go to Autozone and get the code pulled and bring the number(s) back to us.

Bart

lildukester
12/01/2009, 02:39 PM
Yes the CEL is on. I forgot what the code was.

I have been running the high octane fuel for the last three tanks.

When I filled up the second time with the high octane I did put in fuel injector cleaner in.

tom4bren
12/01/2009, 03:16 PM
OK, Probably the next 2 steps should be:

Replace the fuel filter

clean or replace the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Look here: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12021&highlight=fuel+pressure+regulator

RabidPony
12/01/2009, 03:25 PM
In conjunction with what Tom recommended, I would also suggest pulling the sparkplus and hitting them with some carb cleaner and a wire brush, if not just replacing them. Get some sensor safe cleaner and clean your MAF and IAT sensor. Also, clean or replace the PCV valve for good measure. And just to be safe, take a peek at the air filter and make sure no critters got in the airbox.

lildukester
12/01/2009, 05:05 PM
tom4bren
I replaced the fuel filter back about 2 months ago and the fuel pressure regulator about a month ago. I have been reading all of the things that people have done before I put my post up here. Thanks for the suggestions I will take any more that you have.

RabidPony
I have replaced the MAF I will have to try the other things that you have said. I also tried to replace the Idle Air Control Valve but when I did that my RPMs jumped up to about 3000 when it was idleing. So I adjusted the idle but could not get below 2500 RPMs.

nfpgasmask
12/01/2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, get that code read, and chances are, it will lead you directly to the solution. Fuel Pressure Regulator (not to hard to change yourself), Fuel Filter (very easy to change yourself) or possibly even the EGR Valve (very easy to change yourself as well, although the symptoms point toward FPR imo)

Bart

JGeorge264
12/01/2009, 09:46 PM
Sounds like exactly what mine was doing a couple years ago. I replaced the Idle Air Control and it fixed it right up.. Maybe you got a defective IAC when you replaced yours?

lildukester
12/02/2009, 03:13 AM
JGeorge264
When you got your new IAC was it all the way against the body by where you plug in the cable?? the one I pulled out when I unpluged it was all the way out. So I tried to clean it. Well we see that did not work. Is there a way to test the IAC to see if it works. Or should I go and buy a new one.

tom4bren
12/02/2009, 06:56 AM
What was that gasket problem some members were experiencing? Was it the intake manifold gasket? It seems to me that it was causing some similar symptoms.

Look here:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16709&highlight=gasket