PDA

View Full Version : What I get to do this morning at work

CrnCnn
11/18/2009, 08:33 AM
I have to solder wires onto this connector. Shown here with a dime next to it.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_1888.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16240).

Good thing I skipped the energy drink this morning...

tom4bren
11/18/2009, 08:45 AM
Sounds like fun.

Hope you have a nice big magnifying glass.

Riff Raff
11/18/2009, 08:48 AM
Come on, Gang. Let's save stuff like this for "FACEBOOK", as it has nothing to do concerning the VX.:mado:

tom4bren
11/18/2009, 09:21 AM
I found it interesting.

Don't know why he's gonna solder wires from a connector to a dime tho???

pbkid
11/18/2009, 09:36 AM
Come on, Gang. Let's save stuff like this for "FACEBOOK", as it has nothing to do concerning the VX.:mado:
Hey riff. It IS properly placed in the 'off topic: anything non-vx related'
plus. We have definately talked about more pointless things.

Looks like fun Clint. Sometime I'll take a pic of the harness for a remote start/keyless entry/security. And the wiring diagram

ZEUS
11/18/2009, 10:25 AM
This place would be pretty boring if we were restricted to VX conversation only and always. I personally like to know more about the people we converse with!

Clint, what is this piece for?

CrnCnn
11/18/2009, 10:30 AM

Considering that I am a Site Supporter and that the thread is under Chit Chat, I can post what ever I want. If Moncha asks me to not post stuff then I will refrain. How about you simply dont open the threads that are labeled chit chat as they typically have nothing to do with a VX.

Looks like fun Clint. Sometime I'll take a pic of the harness for a remote start/keyless entry/security. And the wiring diagram

Yeah, I have a remote start system at home waiting to be installed so I know how ugly it can be.

I like making harnessing and stuff so I cant wait to get started on my Willy's. The wiring is totally trashed. The funny thing is that the schematic for it is actually a little more simple than what I do here.

CrnCnn
11/18/2009, 10:33 AM
This place would be pretty boring if we were restricted to VX conversation only and always. I personally like to know more about the people we converse with!

Clint, what is this piece for?

It is for a new board that we are building. It is a flex circuit and this connector is the only way to communicate to the IC on the board to validate functionality.

I got the wires soldered to it. I didnt even have to use any magnification. I am cross eyed now though :p

Ldub
11/18/2009, 10:44 AM

Get over yourself frank...:rolleyesg

Ldub
11/18/2009, 11:12 AM

Niether did yer birthday...:rotate:

Mark B
11/18/2009, 12:36 PM
hey guys, its getting close to the holidays.
Have some holiday spirit and not complain about who says what on this site.
I am also a site supporter and like to hear about about my vx family.

CrnCnn
11/18/2009, 01:26 PM
Luckily I only had to solder 6 of the 12 leads.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_1891.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16241)

This has to last for 500 boards as of right now. I think I will need some backups. ;)

Triathlete
11/18/2009, 02:07 PM
Clint, I worked as an engineering tech for a few years after I got out of the Marines. The company made ceramic capacitors. I used to create and test new potentiel products that the engineers designed. I soldiered leads on parts that were about 1/50th that size so I know where you are coming from...fun, fun, fun!:bwgy:

CrnCnn
11/18/2009, 02:40 PM
Clint, I worked as an engineering tech for a few years after I got out of the Marines. The company made ceramic capacitors. I used to create and test new potentiel products that the engineers designed. I soldiered leads on parts that were about 1/50th that size so I know where you are coming from...fun, fun, fun!:bwgy:

Yeah, I think I am going to need glasses soon. I can handle it no problem when its surface mount but when its the leads to wires like that, its a pain. I am a bit of a shaky guy as it is so holding that wire straight is a task.

WormGod
11/19/2009, 06:56 AM
This is what I get to do at work today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbIWN8bufWI

:p

handeeman
11/19/2009, 07:13 AM
WormGod, You get to sit and watch commercials?:?:

CrnCnn
11/19/2009, 07:56 AM
Hey Riff,

I just found several examples of YOU participating in NON VX related topics..

I've never been a Jeep fan of anykind, but the Jeep-40 Concept looks pretty sweet. I especially like the low center of gravity; with the body not being lifted up to the moon, so it could traverse sloping terrain without rolling over. In addition; being from the "factory", the entire package of components would be well engineered to work in concert with each other with high reliability. However, it definately needs a hard-shell bolt-on roof assembly to keep the greedy hands of car burglars out of the Jeep's interior when parked.:bgwb:

Still; as far as 4x4 concepts go, the Chinese Hummer HX/H4 concept RULES!!!:yeso:

You don't have to be stupid, but it helps.

Ryan--- Holy Cow, that sounds pretty cool. Hmmm; now that I think about it-- one of my ex-girlfriends could have easily played a part as an extra, based upon how her make-up looked the morning after.:freek:

Wow, that guy is really messed-up. I own a tavern, and he reminds me of people who've eaten too many of my 100-proof vodka "Jello Shots" (tastes like candy & then sneek up on 'ya).

The video is sad in that nobody would help him and were afraid to even touch him, as if he had AIDS or something (remind me never to go to that POS U.S. State). It's just as well he didn't buy the beverage, because by the time he left it would have already been warm.:noo:

So maybe you should think before you lash out at someone for posting something here that you dont like. There were several others to choose from.

Triathlete
11/19/2009, 08:21 AM
This is what I get to do at work today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbIWN8bufWI

:p

I don't have to go to work no more!:bwgy:

nfpgasmask
11/19/2009, 08:33 AM
I cant wait to get started on my Willy's. The wiring is totally trashed.

Sucks, doesn't it? The Falcon's harness is the same. I can't wait to sort that mess out.

:_brickwal Bart

MSHardeman
11/19/2009, 08:46 AM
I'm sure that y'all (it's a Southern thing) have heard about Painless Performance before, but just in case you haven't, maybe check them out for a custom made wiring harness for your individual application, or start with one of their basic kits and go from there. http://www.painlessperformance.com/

Of course maybe you're both just a glutton for punishment and want to do your own wiring harness from scratch one wire at a time. Just thinking about that makes my head hurt.

nocturnalVX
11/19/2009, 08:47 AM
Get over yourself frank...:rolleyesg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/6a00d8341d896453ef0120a4cceaba970b-800wi.jpg

The name's RIFF RAFF! Any of you guys call me Frank... I'll kill ya!
;py; :_beer:

CrnCnn
11/19/2009, 09:23 AM
Sucks, doesn't it? The Falcon's harness is the same. I can't wait to sort that mess out.

:_brickwal Bart

Really? That sucks cause the falcon has a lot more going on than the Willys. I dont envy you on that one.

I'm sure that y'all (it's a Southern thing) have heard about Painless Performance before, but just in case you haven't, maybe check them out for a custom made wiring harness for your individual application, or start with one of their basic kits and go from there. http://www.painlessperformance.com/

Of course maybe you're both just a glutton for punishment and want to do your own wiring harness from scratch one wire at a time. Just thinking about that makes my head hurt.

I really wont mind tackling the willys cause it truly isnt that bad. I will have to make some changes cause I want to convert it to 12V.

It also really depends on what motor I go with. I have two originals that I may make into one, depending on condition. I also may put a 4.3L in it. Heck I know of a VX motor here in town that I could probly put in there.... Hmmm ... Now i am thinking...

Ldub
11/19/2009, 09:51 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/6a00d8341d896453ef0120a4cceaba970b-800wi.jpg

The name's RIFF RAFF! Any of you guys call me Frank... I'll kill ya!
;py; :_beer:

:laughing:..:laughing:..:slap:..:laughing:.. :laughing:

handeeman
11/19/2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I think I am going to need glasses soon. I can handle it no problem when its surface mount but when its the leads to wires like that, its a pain. I am a bit of a shaky guy as it is so holding that wire straight is a task.
Ok here comes (the voice of experience). At some point you're gonna need glasses...I highly recommend a couple of glasses of wine..(I know ya can't do that at work). If you're shakey now you'll always be shakey i.e. T4B.

Ldub
11/19/2009, 10:41 AM
Ok here comes (the voice of experience). At some point you're gonna need glasses...I highly recommend a couple of glasses of wine..(I know ya can't do that at work). If you're shakey now you'll always be shakey i.e. T4B.

Vodka is better for "at work" applications...:yesgray:

CrnCnn
11/19/2009, 10:47 AM

Vodka is better for "at work" applications...:yesgray:

LMAO.. :smilewink

pbkid
11/19/2009, 10:58 AM
worm- nice man, i may be doing that for a summer job soon here.... just take a little time to relax after school

WormGod
11/20/2009, 07:22 AM
WormGod, You get to sit and watch commercials?:?:

Well.... that and.... read forums.... :p