PDA

View Full Version : One of my favorite things to do daily

handeeman
11/17/2009, 07:57 AM
Thought I'd share one of my favorite things to do daily with my fellow VX'rs that are also animal lovers.
To all animal lovers and friends:

I checked Snopes.com, this is TRUE.
Just make 2 clicks: one to go to the site, then click on the purple box
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/ (http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/)
SPCA - Free and Quick -please do it
The Animal Rescue Site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily so they can meet their quota of getting FREE FOOD donated every day to abused and neglected animals. It takes less than a minute (about 15 seconds) to go to their site and click on the purple box 'fund food for animals for free'. This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for advertising.

vt_maverick
11/17/2009, 08:05 AM
Just clicked for you, but if this really works those sponsors have to be some dumb folks. They should be counting hits on all the pages on the site, not just one big button. Can't imagine this will last for long, especially if someone gets smart and writes a script to browse to the site over and over again.

handeeman
11/17/2009, 08:12 AM
Just went to snopes.com and typed in search, pet food donations. Comes up as true. Hope nobody messes it up with a program for too many clicks.

VX KAT
11/17/2009, 08:29 AM
Just went to snopes.com and typed in search, pet food donations. Comes up as true. Hope nobody messes it up with a program for too many clicks.
I've been doing it for over a year.....even bought some stuff from the site. I think it's legit.

CrnCnn
11/17/2009, 08:41 AM
Thats cool. I love animals.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_1882.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16232)

vt_maverick
11/17/2009, 08:58 AM
Not doubting legitimacy of the site, just saying that having a "click-me-to-donate" button defeats the point of visit-based ad revenue (from the other companies' perspective). In other words, you would think that they would donate based on the number of visits to pages on the site that contain their products/ads, not just donate based on how many times people click a random button on a single page.

CrnCnn
11/17/2009, 09:04 AM
The legitimacy of the site should matter none as far as I am concerned. It doesn't cost you a thing to click the button. If nothing really happens then you have wasted a whole ten seconds. But if animals really get help for your ~ten seconds then who cares.

If you want to visit the sponsor sites to buy something that's your choice.

VX KAT
11/17/2009, 09:07 AM
Not doubting legitimacy of the site, just saying that having a "click-me-to-donate" button defeats the point of visit-based ad revenue (from the other companies' perspective). In other words, you would think that they would donate based on the number of visits to pages on the site that contain their products/ads, not just donate based on how many times people click a random button on a single page.

Yeah, I understand your point, but appears to me they picked this method so there's a little less actual contribution because a specific action is required by user to trigger the donation. So they get the good PR of donating food, but have a gimicky way that it actually gets done. I figure any free food for animals is better than none.....

Ldub
11/17/2009, 09:18 AM
WOW, this thread sure is different than what I was expecting...;eekb;.:dan_ban:

Oh well, I'm now on the daily kibble train too...:thumbup:

VX KAT
11/17/2009, 09:26 AM

Oh well, I'm now on the daily kibble train too...:thumbup:

Bad boys bad boys whatcha goin' do, whatcha goin' do when they........:dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban:

What was that AK Falco said:?:.....zip zipp....somethin' like that...:freek::freek::freek::_wtf:
:laugho::laugho::laugho::laugho:
:hj: OFF now...my bad....

Ldub
11/17/2009, 09:31 AM
Bad boys bad boys whatcha goin' do, whatcha goin' do when they........:dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban:

What was that AK Falco said:?:.....zip zipp....somethin' like that...:freek::freek::freek::_wtf:
:laugho::laugho::laugho::laugho:
:hj: OFF now...my bad....

I like my threads half jacked, then zipp-zipp, back on topic...:smilewink

VX KAT
11/17/2009, 09:35 AM
I like my threads half jacked, then zipp-zipp, back on topic...:smilewink

I think I'll try T4B's...I have no response to that....(although it's a target rich environment right 'dere)....:laugho:

tom4bren
11/17/2009, 11:52 AM
although it's a target rich environment right 'dere

What 'target rich environment' are you referring to Dear ... associating yourself with t4b???

handeeman
11/17/2009, 12:24 PM

...:thumbup:

What kinda site did ya think I'd direct ya to ?
Although a buddy of mine did tell me he overheard his daughter saying this in her prayers: " Oh Lord please send some clothes to all those ladies on dad's computer."
I think I TJ'd my own thread.
I'm like dub, there is no TJing in Handees world. It's hard for me to stay on subect in one sentence much less a whole sentence.

vt_maverick
11/17/2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I understand your point, but appears to me they picked this method so there's a little less actual contribution because a specific action is required by user to trigger the donation.

Hadn't thought of that possibility; so you're saying the button might be there so that sponsors increase their chance of giving less money by requiring more than a passing page hit? Makes sense to me though, sponsoring companies often do things to lower the probability of a high donation.

VX KAT
11/17/2009, 01:34 PM
Hadn't thought of that possibility; so you're saying the button might be there so that sponsors increase their chance of giving less money by requiring more than a passing page hit? Makes sense to me though, sponsoring companies often do things to lower the probability of a high donation.

Yup, that's my sinister impression....

vt_maverick
11/17/2009, 01:34 PM
The legitimacy of the site should matter none as far as I am concerned. It doesn't cost you a thing to click the button. If nothing really happens then you have wasted a whole ten seconds. But if animals really get help for your ~ten seconds then who cares.

If you want to visit the sponsor sites to buy something that's your choice.

Not arguing about wasted time, just curious why they use that method. It is okay to question even good causes sometimes. ;)

CrnCnn
11/17/2009, 07:20 PM
Not arguing about wasted time, just curious why they use that method. It is okay to question even good causes sometimes. ;)

Yeah, I agree. I hope that didnt come off too much like a jerk. I was having a bad morning. :)

Gussie2000
11/17/2009, 07:36 PM
My love for aminal is endless & any thing to help in any way is fine for me.

My little buddy says hi to you all :p

pbkid
11/17/2009, 10:30 PM
Thats cool. I love animals.

I figure any free food for animals is better than none.....

My love for aminal is endless & any thing to help in any way is fine for me.

x2

ya, when i read the title i was thinking, ummm pretty sure this is still a 'family friendly' site...

" Oh Lord please send some clothes to all those ladies on dad's computer."

:laughing:

oh, and bentley says HI!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3211/SP_A0117.jpg

Scott Harness
11/18/2009, 07:49 AM
Doing it everyday:dance:

CrnCnn
11/18/2009, 07:54 AM
oh, and bentley says HI!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3211/SP_A0117.jpg

Hi Bentley.... MMMMM Guinness