PDA

View Full Version : just rear ended my baby can it be fixed???

hugoart76
11/14/2009, 02:27 PM
I am a proud owner of a beautiful black 2001 vehicross with 70k miles on it.
I just drove it into the back of a mustang, suprisingly his cars fine but my right front corner is screwed, the hoods pushed up, lights destroyed, vnyl cladding is crunched, its a mess, i am disgusted with life right now.
So i ask, can these cars be fixed? mechanical damage seems easier to fix than cosmetic with these rare cars. Will the autobody shop be able to fix the vynl or replace it?
I live in Los Angeles CA anybody got a recommendation for good mechanics in this area?
Is reparing a fender bender on a vehicross like other cars or am i screwed?

Im just disgusted right now.

Triathlete
11/14/2009, 04:09 PM
Should not be a problem...although no matter what the adjusters tell you it will probably take a little longer than most cars since they will have to wait on the parts. I know this first hand! Good luck!

Gussie2000
11/14/2009, 04:23 PM
1rst of all welcome to the hood!

2nd I'm sorry to know you are going this unlike.situation.

3rd a few pics to the damages can help for sure share some light with you.

Out there's few VX's parting out so my best suggestion is to talk with the insurance adjuster & explaim him that you are willing to help find the parts needed to fix the damages,even if the parts are use,but in good conditions so the full amount of the claim can be lower.

Last of all get in touch with St. charles isuzu & ask for merlin,let him know you are vehicross member of the site.He'll help you get any part needed to put that baby back with it belongs : The streets.

Hope to heard good news from you soon budy.

VX KAT
11/14/2009, 04:51 PM
Hi- Welcome to the group, things can only get better for you!

Check out this thread, http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16114, starting with post #129. He's a seller on ebay that's got a Foxfire red VX that he claims was a Cash 4 Clunkers vehicle and has been listing all the parts. He's been pretty expensive, but maybe since yours is covered by insurance, & they still are less than new, maybe the insurance company will go for it.

This ebay seller (magicpinto1) failed to sell some of his parts ('cuz he was asking way too much) so contact him as he may still have many of them, just not listed on ebay. I recall he had the hood, front fenders, and I think he had all the cladding pieces panels. I just checked his feedback and no one entered a feedback for any of these 3 parts, so I don't think he sold them successfully on ebay, anyway.

Another idea, I recall reading there's a seller that makes non-OEM replacements of the plastic cladding. I recall some have said the texture is a bit rougher so it doesn't exactly match, but you could put bedliner or paint ALL your cladding and it would match. You'll have to search for that thread, I can't recall it right now. Search "cladding replacement", that may find the thread.

Hope this helps & ya get your baby back on the road!

Riff Raff
11/14/2009, 07:56 PM
Visit the recent postings by fellow VX member "Capt Crunch" (no pun intended). He has a complete front cladding for sale.

Bee Sting
11/16/2009, 07:08 AM
I banged mine up a little less than a year ago. New parts were fitted including cladding (drivers side door, quarter panel and rear). All through insurance.

Was fixed at a GM dealer. They were not responsive when I asked them to send details about where parts were obtained etc. GM has since shut the dealer down (primiarily related to poor customer service apprarently).

Push for a full insurance repair.

Also KODIAK had a front end collision repair that went quite quickly. Search his postings.

VX crazy
11/16/2009, 11:00 AM
I have the cladding for sale too, as well as the fender