PDA

View Full Version : custom coated dash board

Amack76
08/07/2003, 01:12 AM
well i finally sent the dash board away to get coated. i sent the center two pieces around the radio- gauges and ash tray area to get carbon fiber coated to match the door panels. everyone thinks it won't match, but tisk tisk.......i asked for a sample fist and the sample is so close its unbelieveable. well it will take three weeks, but the cost breaks down like this its 95 cents per square inch plus roughly 32 bucks for shipping so i'm figuring in coming in around 250, but well worth it because i don't know what Isuzu was thinking not making that CF in the first place. i will post pics asap, and will also find out if i can get a discount for people i recomend. if interested please respond. p.s. does anyone know how much the cf piece for a passenger side door would cost from the dealer? oh and i also forgot, they can cf ANY PIECE IN OR OUTSIDE THE VX YOU WANT (Hint : hood insert)

nyc #1 ironman
08/07/2003, 05:28 AM
AAAAHHH, What nice news to wake up to , people on this board never stop giving, what a cool mod , especially for the hood insert...

Amack76
08/07/2003, 07:03 AM
isn't it great

VXD959
08/07/2003, 07:11 AM
Great! Post the pics as soon as you can and let us know about quality/warranty.

Good job!

Raque Thomas
08/07/2003, 04:59 PM
Who are you having do this for you? I've been trying to decide on a dash "cover kit" via eBay in brushed stainless or carbon fiber - I was afraid the carbon fiber might be "too much" - can't wait to see you're pics!

AlaskaVX
08/07/2003, 05:04 PM
I'm interested let us know how it turns out. How long do you have to go without a the dash trim? I guess we'll find out. Can't wait to hear "it matches perfectly" I've been waiting for that moment since I saw all the BS dash trims

Amack76
08/08/2003, 10:53 AM
they said about 3 weeks is turn round time. i post em asap. the sample they sent me is so damn close its crazy, i'ld say its a 99% match. i put in the switch bezel from a rodeo, and they will be coting it in so it makes it look like part of the dash. the company is in az, i will find the link if anyone is interested please let me know so i can find out about a discount.

loco6464
08/08/2003, 11:11 AM
I'm in on this deal let me know I want my hood insert done and most likely the same dash pieces.

I'm ready now....
;Db;

Amack76
08/08/2003, 04:01 PM
we def need more people tho

technocoy
08/08/2003, 05:32 PM
i think if you show detailed pics once you have it back, people will do it in a heart beat. I know i will, but it has to look OEM when they are through. i have seen to many cheap carbon fiber jobs... this one sounds promising though.

technocoy

WyrreJ
09/06/2003, 03:50 PM
You get it back yet? Its been a while.

Hotsauce
09/06/2003, 04:07 PM
Is this going to be real CF, or that fake crap they made out door panels out of?

John C.

paultvx
09/06/2003, 04:25 PM
Fake. If you use real CF it'll be too thick. The weave itself isn't... but the epoxy will make it thick. If anyone want to take on the task of making a complete CF dash... go to www.tap-plastics.com Lots of materials and info there.

Amack76
09/06/2003, 08:46 PM
well the dash will be back this week the total price was 317.50 with some other little pieces i ordered.... i care not if you say fake it looks better than that half ***** fake silver/grey color it was. i looked into real and it won't fit, you would have to have a custom made one which is super $$$$$, and i intend to get a supercharger b4 that.

Dallas4u
09/06/2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Amack76
i care not if you say fake it looks better than that half ***** fake silver/grey color it was. i looked into real and it won't fit, you would have to have a custom made one which is super $$$$$, and i intend to get a supercharger b4 that.

Wo, wo, woooo there partner! No one is chastizing you for getting "imitation" carbon fiber. Someone asked if it was fake, someone stated that it was... that was it. No one has seen it, so no one can criticize it's looks. No reason to defend it's looks just yet!

paultvx
09/06/2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Amack76
well the dash will be back this week the total price was 317.50 with some other little pieces i ordered.... i care not if you say fake it looks better than that half ***** fake silver/grey color it was. i looked into real and it won't fit, you would have to have a custom made one which is super $$$$$, and i intend to get a supercharger b4 that.

So, we do agree that it isn't real carbon fiber correct? So what's the problem here? "Fake" is a statement of a fact. If you wish to take that as a criticism... well, you have done it on your own accord.

WyrreJ
09/07/2003, 05:30 AM
If it ain't scottish, it's shat!

Heraclid
09/07/2003, 07:19 AM
I should have been Scottish. I go to the local Highland Games when I can. Looks and sounds like my kinda place and people. I love bagpipes. I'd love to go there some time - my brother was there a while back and sent me a postcard of Edinburgh Castle and brought me back a sword.

Dallas4u
09/07/2003, 09:05 AM
Scotland will be my next trip (planned trip). I already have a couple planned, but this one ALWAYS come up!

projectVX99
09/13/2004, 02:24 PM
My Company sells the real or synthetic carbon fiber dash interiors, which is a 27 or 24 piece set. It's available in black, red, blue, yellow, blue/black, red/black, yellow/black. If you email me I'll send you the layout and carbon fiber colors. If you don't like carbon fiber, I have brushed aluminum, or 5 types of wood. I put Carbon Fiber in my VehiCross and it add just the right touch!

enhanced_graphics@hotmail.com
I'll try to give you a responce with in 24 hrs

VX4EJR
09/13/2004, 04:55 PM
How about some installed pics projectVX99?