PDA

View Full Version : Well, it finally happened!!!

crotchrocket
11/11/2009, 07:04 AM
We got work :D

Contracts being signed today for a development of two penthouses into one 2800sqft london pad !!!!!! Its come in the nick of time too, were kinda on our arse and have been doing drips and drabs of work for the last year whilst the property market has been dead. Recently i've been doing alot of design work for interested clients but no one is commiting (strangely two other projects linking two properties into one), so im really excited about this development .....whoooohoooooo. Its going to be tough to manage the build on the 12th floor but hey...its work !!

Oh and i get my pay rise too :)

WormGod
11/11/2009, 07:14 AM
Congrats! Step it up from the Ramen Noodles to a fat turkey on the table now. ;)

crotchrocket
11/11/2009, 07:24 AM
Congrats! Step it up from the Ramen Noodles to a fat turkey on the table now. ;)

lol, you know it !!!

handeeman
11/11/2009, 07:32 AM
Dood, I'm so happy for ya, I'm sure you and Claire will not mind being on the 12th floor. I can't wait till ya post the picks of the new Penthouse after ya'll (you all in English) furnish it. Plus, don't worry, the work is much more rewarding when you're doing it for youself. Oh and does the place include secured parking for the VX?

CrnCnn
11/11/2009, 07:42 AM
Work is work right. That's cool, Congrats. How long will this project take?

ZEUS
11/11/2009, 07:50 AM
Right on crotchrocket! It's a great feeling to get busy again... haha, perves. ;) So what will your role be in this project and what program will you be using?

alterastro
11/11/2009, 08:42 AM
Well done James! Now you can treat yourself to Rock Sliders, winches, Gadgets etc etc :bwgy:

nfpgasmask
11/11/2009, 08:52 AM
Well done James! Now you can treat yourself to Rock Sliders, winches, Gadgets etc etc :bwgy:

x2, exactly! Upgrades for the VX!

;) Bart

Ldub
11/11/2009, 09:18 AM
Grats C-Rocket...:dance:

Now get to work...:upsetgray...:smack:...:laughing:

crotchrocket
11/11/2009, 09:58 AM
Cheers guys !!!!!!!

the demolition is due to start in January and it looks to be a 6 month project. I'll be designing the flat, doing all the drawings for the builders (on vectorworks fyi Zeus ) and project managing all the subcontractors and suppliers. we have other enquiries so im sure this wont be the only project, i've been working 4 at the same time in the past which gets damn busy!!!!

Handeeman, im afraid i wont b living there, i cant afford £8m penthouses just yet, lol !!

And yes, the long overdue VX service will be done although im a bit tight as claire and i are moving to a new flat at the end of the month.

this is my company, only small but great experience for me (my first job out of uni! ) www.abnassetti.com

handeeman
11/11/2009, 10:19 AM
[quote=crotchrocket;177567]
Handeeman, im afraid i wont b living there, i cant afford £8m penthouses just yet, lol !!

Oh man sorry to hear that, I am sure Claire could've become accustomed to it. Re-check the budget, F8m, doesn't appear to be that much. You couldn't get much over here for 480.00 a month. Oh well 2800 sq ft would seem kinda quaint to me and the misses but for a young couple such as youselves I'm sure ya'll (that's you all in English) would enjoy the cozyness.
Wishing you much Success and something like this project will become a summer cottage for ya in the future.i

circmand
11/11/2009, 02:24 PM
go from Bologna sandwiches to bologna and cheese