PDA

View Full Version : OEM Security Alarm

Jonnie
08/06/2003, 04:10 PM
I just completed my first mod: re-routing the grey alarm wire up the pillar, have yet to do scientific testing, but I do have more distance, used to have to hold the fob next to the glass. :D

Also did my first de-mod. The radio had been changed to a satellite system and had crazy wires up the windshield pillars both under and outside. The worst part was the antennas trapped up by the visors. :eek: The one side was cut under the dash prior, easy to remove. The other I traced and sniped it, oh well. The KDC-319 goes at a future point.

Not to run too far off topic, can I get an alarm remote say from a Rodeo and train it to my VX?

Jonthan:rolleyes:

SGT.BATGUANO
08/06/2003, 07:58 PM
Not positive, but if it looks exactly like the original one, the chances are good. I got a mismatched pair off epay a while back and they both work on the garage door opener unit that I purchased separately.

kpaske
08/07/2003, 03:09 PM
If you're interested in a brand new one, it's not hard to find replacement remotes on the web. Here's one retailer that sells them:

http://www.keylessride.com/order/options.asp?make=Isuzu&remoteyear=1999&model=VehiCROSS+%284WD%29

Jonnie
08/07/2003, 06:12 PM
Kewl, thanks!

:D

Jonathan

Heraclid
08/10/2003, 04:30 PM
Try Ebay... there's one up right now.