PDA

View Full Version : What to look for...

omegavx
08/06/2003, 03:57 PM
Hi, I've been lurking around this board and the vmag board for alittle over a year now. I've finally decided to go ahead and purchase a vx and I'd like everyones advice as to what I need to look for, specific to the vx, while inspecting the vehicle. I know the following general issues

1. Binding Windows
2. CD Change
3. Rusty underside
4. Body cladding condition

I'm currently looking at a 2001 dragon green with about 15500 miles on it. The vx is located in New Jersey and I'm in Indiana, so I want to make sure and check as much stuff as possible before I get it back here.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

AlaskaVX
08/06/2003, 04:11 PM
Take the bra off if it has one on there, that was my mistake. Take a nice long test drive and check your dash lights, TOD check light, check engine, whatever. Some VX's have some problems with the sensors. Check the thread that mentions the "petition" to Isuzu, that will tell you all of the problems to look for

You might also want to check your bank account to make sure you have an extra $5,000 for all the mods you might want ;)

Welcome to the cult, or club :bwgr:

Y33TREKker
08/06/2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
I've considered having my VX chassis oiled....but so far it seems unnecessary.

Have you ever considered having it Zeibarted? I don't know if Zeibart has shops all over the US though, but anywhere that does undercoating/rust-proofing should be about the same. It's the same stuff the dealerships always want to charge you extra for when you buy a new car!! ;Do;
I had my car done right after I bought it, and not only did it help to prevent chassis corrosion, road noise was also dimished which made the stereo sound a lot clearer. Ziebart's deal was that if you brought the vehicle back in every year (before the date they had checked it the previous year), they would check the current condition of the coating, and respray for free if necessary.
Given the coatings and preparations of vehicle chassis in the factories these days, it may have been totally unnecessary, but I have always liked the effect it had for reducing road noise in my cars interior. :thumbup:

VehiX
08/06/2003, 09:20 PM
First things first, run the VIN# through carfax.com ;)

omegavx
08/06/2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Y33TREKker
I did consider ziebart, but according to most of their information its only to prevent so I'm guessing cleaning it would be the first step, although I didn't know it would also cut down on road noise. Very good thing to know.

Vehix
Actually the first thing I did while searching around was get the unlimited carfax reports :)

AlaskaVX
Already put aside alittle for some of tone's and ron's mods. But, there are so many that look really good and not enough $$ to go around its hard to decide what to do first.