PDA

View Full Version : Newby to PayPal

tom4bren
11/03/2009, 08:18 AM
I set up a paypal account to make things easier for peeps ordering the seat extenders from 'Welder Guy'.

The question now is: How do we use it? I wasn't given a username or anything. Do potential buyers use the email addy that I used to set up the account to look me up on paypal?

Please forgive my ignoramousness but it's what I do best:)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VX KAT
11/03/2009, 08:24 AM
You're speaking to Queen of all things eBay and PayPal here...

yes, they use your email addy you used to set up account.

In case you haven't been told this yet, they give you a few transactions before you must submit your checking account info and id verification. That ticked me off, but it's understandable I guess. Been using it for about 5-6 yrs with zero problems.

They take about 3% from any incoming money you receive, but it's free to people paying. So if you take in the payments for welder guy, don't forget that PP takes 3% of it.

Also, any disputes that may arise if you're paying for ebay purchases are handled promptly and you get your money back, but you MUST file the claim within 45 days.

Also, eBay owns PayPal....talk about monopoly!

Thought of a few more things....it turned out them having the checking account info was helpful as you can transfer the funds from PP to your checking account with a few clicks.....takes 2-3 days tops. That comes in real handy.

Also, having a PP account allows people to use their credit card to pay you...even though you aren't a merchant or a business.

handeeman
11/03/2009, 08:36 AM
Please forgive my ignoramousness but it's what I do best:)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have no response to that.
Looks like VXKAT answered your payee-pal stuff.
Perhaps Ldub can respond to the ignoramousness but I think he's more an expert in "ninnyhammers".

rowhard
11/03/2009, 08:45 AM
Ldub can respond to the ignoramousness but I think he's more an expert in "ninnyhammers".

You know the Dubster, he's always good for a comment or two:smilewink

tom4bren
11/03/2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks KAT ... knew you'd have my back.

"Perhaps Ldub can respond to the ignoramousness but I think he's more an expert in "ninnyhammers"."

I assumed I'd get a quick answer so I figured 'what the heck' I'll set this thread up to get jacked right away. It does make one wonder: what is the difference between a ninnyhammer and an ignoramous?

nfpgasmask
11/03/2009, 09:04 AM
And Tom, It's "Newbie" or "Noob". Only noobs spell it "Newby". Get it straight, bud.

:laughing:

Bart

tom4bren
11/03/2009, 09:11 AM
:embarasse

circmand
11/03/2009, 09:46 AM
to have an answer for a shopping question

nfpgasmask
11/03/2009, 09:49 AM

Ohhhhh, snap!

Bart

tom4bren
11/03/2009, 09:55 AM

KAT had my back so I have her's

:slap:

circmand
11/03/2009, 12:50 PM
knows I am joshing her.

Ldub
11/03/2009, 12:58 PM
It does make one wonder: what is the difference between a ninnyhammer and an ignoramous?

Not too sure on the qualifications to be an ignoramus, but I've got a few ideas...:naughty:

I only have real world, first hand experience with ninnyhammers...:laughing:

VX KAT
11/03/2009, 02:18 PM

KAT had my back so I have her's

:slap:

knows I am joshing her.

Yes, yes and yes!

tom4bren
11/04/2009, 07:53 AM
Not too sure on the qualifications to be an ignoramus, but I've got a few ideas...:naughty:

I only have real world, first hand experience with ninnyhammers...:laughing:

What a way to start the day ... end of a lifelong delusion ... I'm in the 'real world':drama:

Riff Raff
11/05/2009, 03:38 AM
"Perhaps Ldub can respond to the ignoramousness but I think he's more an expert in "ninnyhammers"."

It does make one wonder: what is the difference between a ninnyhammer and an ignoramous?

That is classic L-dub right there folks!!!:_confused

Ldub
11/05/2009, 05:05 AM
That is classic L-dub right there folks!!!:_confused

Thanks for bringing the the whole "qualifications" thing into MUCH sharper focus for me...:thanx:...:yesgray:

Also, thanks for taking the time to explain things once again, to all your underlings, who can't figure anything out for themselves...you're a true gem frank...:yes:

:thumbup:...:heart:...:thumbup:

And we all appreciate the effort!

:fyi:...you're quoting Tom...:_thinking...:laughing: