PDA

View Full Version : New Radio Alpine IDA-X305

VX-13
11/01/2009, 10:55 AM
This is the Mechless Radio which would be good for someone who can live without CD's, great radio for Ipod/Iphone users as well as any other MP3 player.

http://s3.postimage.org/1RAZTA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

http://s4.postimage.org/1wQJd9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

Robbomaz
11/01/2009, 04:09 PM
I have one of these - they are awesome! Nice graphic too!

don moore
11/01/2009, 08:29 PM
looks good

lasturbo
11/01/2009, 11:44 PM
Expensive??

VXorado
11/02/2009, 07:25 AM
Expensive??

$250ish is what mine cost which is the same thing but the last years model. I like it and hate it. I like that I can control my IPOD from the deck and that it charges the IPOD. I hate that its not compatible with my IPOD touch (or an IPhone) which makes the audio cut in and out during songs. Sometimes it will play 30 seconds of a song and then start the song over. I also dont like that I can only hook up an IPOD because I like to listen to Pandora radio through my Blackberry.

I will be getting a new deck to replace mine. If Alpine fixed the compatiblity problems, I may consider buying the new deck.

Have you noticed any of these problems VX-13?

VX-13
11/02/2009, 03:17 PM
I have had no problems with mine and I have the new Iphone 3GS and I also have used a flashdrive works perfect

BlackVXer99
11/02/2009, 09:46 PM
i have the x303, which is pretty much the same, minus the color screen. Iphone 3gs works fine. the only thing i dont like is that your hand is in the way when adjusting the knob, so you cant see the display :o

WormGod
11/03/2009, 07:36 AM
I was looking at this model a while back. VERY affordable for what it offers. The only thing that held me back was the lack of ZuneHD connect-ability. Everything is so fashioned for Apple gear. Considering I have never had luck with the iPod and great luck with the Zune, I just can't go back.

<---- non conformist :bgwo:

don moore
11/04/2009, 08:58 AM
Gary they didnt have a zune kit for mine so I had to get the mp3 adapter ..for my radio.. so i use the headphone jack on my zune..and run it under AUX2

WormGod
11/05/2009, 07:15 AM
Ya, that's pretty much all I do with my STi stock radio. AUX is about the best that can be done, unless you want to do some splicing and wiring (the walkthrough on combing the iPod to Zune adapter is not for your weekend solderman). My VX will just have to keep playing CDs.

It is pretty sad but ALL vendors/manufacturers are slaves to Apple. It doesnt really surprise me that MS doesn't push more brands to have Zune compatibility. It also doesn't surprise me that Apple was too pompous and self righteous to license their iPod harness to MS (which MS tried after the Gen1 Zune was released). Name of the game I guess.

don moore
11/05/2009, 07:45 AM
It is pretty sad but ALL vendors/manufacturers are slaves to Apple. It doesnt really surprise me that MS doesn't push more brands to have Zune compatibility. It also doesn't surprise me that Apple was too pompous and self righteous to license their iPod harness to MS (which MS tried after the Gen1 Zune was released). Name of the game I guess.[/QUOTE]

AMEN brother..

pbkid
11/06/2009, 09:41 PM
$250ish is what mine cost which is the same thing but the last years model. I like it and hate it. I like that I can control my IPOD from the deck and that it charges the IPOD. I hate that its not compatible with my IPOD touch (or an IPhone) which makes the audio cut in and out during songs. Sometimes it will play 30 seconds of a song and then start the song over. I also dont like that I can only hook up an IPOD because I like to listen to Pandora radio through my Blackberry.

I will be getting a new deck to replace mine. If Alpine fixed the compatiblity problems, I may consider buying the new deck.

you must have one of the older units that runs USB1.0, those wont run an iphone or itouch

to the zune comments, good luck. there havent been any zune capable radios yet, at least for charging and controlling through the radio.

so, either conform, or live with the 'aux' input. i personally have an ipod just for my car.... and currently a touch for daily use (although i wouldnt mind having a zune for daily)

so that way i can keep all my music with me and keep it charged. picked up an old 80g video to LOAD UP and put in the car....

captainmind
02/08/2010, 04:04 PM
VX-13. I just ordered this unit for my VX, should have it tomorrow. Is that a custom background on yours? I thought the manual said you could only use Alpine's backgrounds, downloadable from their site?

Any installation issues with yours? I have a Sony in now and have a wiring harness.
Thanks

Gussie2000
02/09/2010, 04:24 PM

What about any firmware upgrade VXorado ?

Check the alpine web site to se if there's any