PDA

View Full Version : replacement engine

djvx
10/29/2009, 10:57 PM
I was wondering what everyones opinion is on these engines.

risingsunengines.com

Im looking for a trooper engine and maybe a VX spare engine. They say on the site they are getting them from Japan. Supposedly Japanese don't drive their rigs as much as we do so they accumulate less miles.They also ban vehicles from liscensing for far less imperfections than they do in United States. So they have alot of engines.Please give me your honest opinion on these things....as $1700.00 is alot of money

Ldub
10/29/2009, 11:02 PM
Here's a link to their site for ya...http://risingsunengines.com/

If it was me, I'd spend a bit more & get a fully re-manned longblock.
Another thing to keep in mind, the JDM spec VX's came with 3.2L engines IIRC.

I know nothing of this seller, & this is not to be taken as an endorsement or recommendation...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU-98-02-TROOPER-VehiCROSS-ENGINE-LONG-BLOCK-ILB6VE1_W0QQitemZ130277456591QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMo tors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e55243a cf

blacksambo
11/01/2009, 07:51 PM
All I can say is $1700.00 is cheap, by the standards I've seen for an engine, and they are hardly available in the USA. So buy it, if they guarantee it, even if it's 0,3 of a liter smaller.

djvx
11/03/2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks x 2.....anyone else care to comment-?

Gussie2000
11/03/2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks x 2.....anyone else care to comment-?

Unless you wanna go the way iam ironman went by swapping the Vx engine with the '04 axiom engine

All i can say is go for teh reman engine

iamironman
11/05/2009, 01:01 PM
From what I understand and have been told and have read... Japan's emission laws are very strict... and after 30-50k on certain engines, things have to be replaced or upgraded, and on some things it's not cost effective to do, so a lot of the citizenry opt to just replace their engines. That is what this company risingsun does... buy the replaced engine and resell them worldwide to less restrictive countries... there is a place nearby me, in San Antonio, that gets these engines, I'm pretty sure from risingsun, and resells them all over... I looked into it last year when I was replacing my first engine and did some research on these, that's why I found out. A very small percentage of these are from wrecks, but the vast majority are from just lazy cheap R&R's... it's seems since they do so many of them it's way cheaper and quicker in Japan to do an R&R... they are almost set up like assembly line work to slap 'em in and out over there, in and out in less than 3 days. I think they are a little over priced and it can take weeks to months to get one from them sometime, is what I've been told, they won't tell you that on the phone but, once they have your $$ they don't really care and make you wait.