PDA

View Full Version : Having Dark Thoughts.........Somebody Slap Me !!!

crotchrocket
10/28/2009, 08:08 AM
I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK I MUST NOT GO AND LOOK

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1306503.htm :yesy: :yeso: :yesb: :yesgray:

crotchrocket
10/28/2009, 08:28 AM
ps.

Wonder how much the VX is worth over hear anyway??? !!! ???

handeeman
10/28/2009, 08:28 AM
Relax, we'll look for ya. Looks pretty much stock and really not worth your time...pretty common over here so you would lose the WTF factor. Plus somehow I can't visualize Claire even beginning to wash it .:slap:

crotchrocket
10/28/2009, 08:33 AM
lol!!!!!

VX KAT
10/28/2009, 08:54 AM
lol!!!!!
oh crap CR, why'd you show me that??? Dave & I still miss it, especially thinking of all those mods we could have done.......don't suppose it would hurt much if you just go "look" at it....you know for "ideas" for your VX, yeah, that's the ticket, for ideas for the VX! BUHHHHAAAAA! (or however the heck Zeus does that)...:p

OK Dave just walked in and saw the pics open in my other window....started drooling over my shoulder.....Dave sends his :thumbup:
:slap::slap::slap::slap:...OK consider yourself slapped....

nfpgasmask
10/28/2009, 09:05 AM
OK, first of all, that Rover is SICK!

Second, your VX is SICK!

Third, you MUST find a way to have BOTH! Only then will you be complete as a human being.

;) Bart

crotchrocket
10/28/2009, 09:22 AM
oh crap CR, why'd you show me that??? Dave & I still miss it, especially thinking of all those mods we could have done.......don't suppose it would hurt much if you just go "look" at it....you know for "ideas" for your VX, yeah, that's the ticket, for ideas for the VX! BUHHHHAAAAA! (or however the heck Zeus does that)...:p

OK Dave just walked in and saw the pics open in my other window....started drooling over my shoulder.....Dave sends his :thumbup:
:slap::slap::slap::slap:...OK consider yourself slapped....

hahahaha, fpmsl thanks for the support ;wtf; it's awesome, if only the V8 would go in the VX :(

crotchrocket
10/28/2009, 09:23 AM
OK, first of all, that Rover is SICK!

Second, your VX is SICK!

Third, you MUST find a way to have BOTH! Only then will you be complete as a human being.

;) Bart

Maybe the bank manager will buy it for me!!!, lol. but thanks for the VX big up!

crotchrocket
10/28/2009, 09:24 AM
ahh crap, just looked on the 'other models' page of the landrovers, check out the other V8's !!!

tom4bren
10/28/2009, 10:18 AM
Ain't the LR the UK version of our Jeep???

:slap:

It didn't sound like you'd been slapped enough yet.

Fix your windows yet?

handeeman
10/28/2009, 12:56 PM
Plus those foreign vehicles (British Jeeps) are hard to find parts for. I'm sure even harder in the U.K.. I just thru that in so I could do this: :slap:

Triathlete
10/28/2009, 01:46 PM
This should help fuel your fires...
96 Rover (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808869&highlight=rover):drool2:
90 Rover (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828814&highlight=rover):cool!:
94 Rover (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828814&highlight=rover):rotate:
:dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban: :dan_ban:

nfpgasmask
10/28/2009, 02:02 PM
OK, time for a serious post about this matter.

I too, have loved the D90 since the day I first saw one. In fact, a couple weeks ago I saw this one and I was drooling:

http://notajeep.blogspot.com/2009/09/someday-i-will-own-one-exactly-like.html

But here's the bottom line (IMO): Although wickedly cool, they are just way over-priced. My long term plans to quench my desire for a Land Rover is to complete my 1st gen Trooper (basically a poor man's Rover anyhow) and then seek out a decent 1st gen RS and build it up D90 style. I think all this can be had at a fraction of the cost of a real D90. I mean, come on, 80k and still $30,000!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Defender-Defender-90-Limited-Edition-291-out-of-300-1997-D-90_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3356a7e859QQitemZ220 497176665QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Granted, I know they are rare here and all, but DAYUM! I could have a FLEET of 1st gen Troopers for that kinda money!!!

And if parts are an issue, they are just as bad with old Isuzus.

But, the real BOTTOM LINE is that the VehiCROSS is rare, unique and uber-cool. There is no point replacing it with another cool SWB SUV. The only logical choice is adding to the collection. My screen resolution is 1024x768, and I see enough room for AT LEAST 2 more vehicles in my animated sig file!!! :evil:

:D Bart

tom4bren
10/28/2009, 02:38 PM
5 rides for 1 driver. You must be insane.

nfpgasmask
10/28/2009, 02:40 PM
5 rides for 1 driver. You must be insane.

Insane? Perhaps. Addicted? DEFINITELY. :D

Bart

lasturbo
10/28/2009, 05:51 PM
The D-90's are nice and still holding some value. We do not see too many roll into the dealership anymore but it is a treat to see them (considering the US versions are 94-95 and 1997). Even more rare is the D110. Only 500 came to the US in 1993 and they are desirable. My 89 Range Rover County Classic is still bone stock and still does the job!

Riff Raff
10/28/2009, 07:44 PM
Crotchrocket--- That D-90 looks road hard and put away wet. Being highly modified like that it's now probably a can-of-worms and a maintenance headache. Thats' likely why the current owner is trying to sell it (er, unload it). The main problem with buying a pre-modified rig is when something goes wrong due to the various mods-- you don't even know where to start looking to solve the problem(s). Only the P.O. has the "historical" knowledge of what and how mods were done (and if the mods were even done correctly). Forget it, and walk away. Besides, an FJ-40 is way better than a D-90. I'm still waiting for the Chinese Hummer HX/H4 to be produced.

don moore
10/28/2009, 09:27 PM
SLAP..SLAP..SLAP

alterastro
10/29/2009, 01:56 AM
James, James, James. You need to go to Off-roaders Annonymous! (You can come with me to my next meeting :smilewink)

That is a very highly specced LR BUT.... It's great if you want to be doing winch challenges in the Asian Rainforest, but a bit OTT if you want to get around Hogmoor! Whatever you have, you will get stuck - with that, you could just get unstuck easily on your own! I also think it is a fair bit overpriced. I recently sold my V8 for £2.5k. I cold have made it a similar spec for less than £2k more - so I would say £4 -£5k is a fairer price.

Why not spend money on modding your VX... I can put you in touch with a guy that can fit a front and rear winch, rock liders, body lift, etc etc :bwgy:

Nick

WormGod
10/29/2009, 07:22 AM
Mmmm, looooves me a Defender. Sure wish they were more than just a pipe dream here. Oh.... and cheaper.

crotchrocket
10/29/2009, 10:41 AM
I can put you in touch with a guy that can fit a front and rear winch, rock liders, body lift, etc etc :bwgy:

Nick

DRIBBLE DRIBBLE DRIBBLE !!!!! :drool::drool:

don moore
10/29/2009, 11:43 AM
you guys are not helping him...lol

crotchrocket
11/18/2009, 02:08 AM
UH OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this has the p38 Range Rover 4.6HSE engine, LPG and its damn cheap!!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1306082.htm

:drool: :drool:

Ldub
11/18/2009, 02:33 AM
UH OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this has the p38 Range Rover 4.6HSE engine, LPG and its damn cheap!!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1306082.htm

:drool: :drool:

Why would you wanna drive something like that?...:_confused...:slap:

Inspected by the Ladies Professional Golf Association?...so what?...:smilewink

crotchrocket
11/18/2009, 02:59 AM
lol, i dont know....i really like them! and i just want to have owned a V8 before all the oil runs out and everything is electric!!! Plus i can actually get parts for it here!

Ldub
11/18/2009, 03:20 AM
SLAP..SLAP..SLAP

I'll quote Don...:slap:..:slap:..:slap:

If ya do that, It'll just make you yearn for the "good ol' days" all the more when you get old...:yesgray:

alterastro
11/18/2009, 06:32 AM
lol, i dont know....i really like them! and i just want to have owned a V8 before all the oil runs out and everything is electric!!! Plus i can actually get parts for it here!

Been there, done that... Save your money James.... I sold mine in 6 months... Thirsty, cold, drafty, uncomfortable, not paticularly great off-road, but yes, ok, very cool! :smilewink

Nick

pbkid
11/18/2009, 09:22 AM
Ya. I'm gonna agree. Your really gonna miss the 'cool' factor.
For that money- do a SAS and make that rover look silly