PDA

View Full Version : New Owner Servicing

Golfindoc
10/28/2009, 07:17 AM
I've just purcheased a 2000 VX with 70K miles. Is there anything service-wise I should be aware of? And does anybody have a recommendation of a shop in the Bellevue/Seattle or Port Orchard/Bremerton area in Washington?
Thanks, golfindoc

tom4bren
10/28/2009, 07:45 AM
Welcome.

I posted a response to your introduction. Look here:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35&page=76

handeeman
10/28/2009, 09:54 AM
Yep you shore did T4B it was this :http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...hlight=pacific
Golfindoc, don't hesitate to PM any of the Pacific NW group, they're a swell group. Also when you've got some time to spend go thru our members list and look for VX'rs in your area that have been on site lately (PM them asking for help). Sorry, I missed T4B's reply in the introduce yourself thread, but then again I can't spell therapeutic either.

tom4bren
10/28/2009, 10:16 AM
Golfindoc,

Don't pay any attention to Handee. He has a REALLY wide bucket & it's therapuootic ... therapyutic ... therapewtic ... good therapy to pick on me alla time. We just grin & say 'God bless his little heart'. You'll get used to us soon enough.

Tom

djvx
10/28/2009, 08:50 PM
Welcome Gold. My motto is-if it aint broke don't fix it. Always Check your oil-ALOT of vx's drink it. But don't freak....I am told it is normal for the 3.5

Riff Raff
10/28/2009, 09:35 PM
I've just purcheased a 2000 VX with 70K miles. Is there anything service-wise I should be aware of? And does anybody have a recommendation of a shop in the Bellevue/Seattle or Port Orchard/Bremerton area in Washington?
Thanks, golfindoc

GolfinDoc--- Welcome to the P.N.W. - VX family and to the addiction. I live very close to you across the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma, WA. When I bought my VX last year, I took it to the local Tacoma Isuzu Dealership for its pre-sale mechanical inspection. Their Service Dept is excellent; impeccably clean with white concrete floors, and extremely thorough and honest technicians. Have them go thru your VX with a "New Buyer/Owner Inspection". They will give your a detailed list of recommended (optional), and a list of required (for continued safe operation) possible fixes. With 70K mileage; at the bare minimum, you should replace the "Serpetine Belt" now. Please call for an appointment and then visit:

Gilchrist Chevrolet-Buick-Isuzu
(Service Dept is located in rear)
6004 South Tacoma Way
Tacoma, WA 98409
TEL: (253) 474-0645