PDA

View Full Version : Crack in my interior door trims

VX-157
10/25/2009, 09:09 PM
Both interior door trims have cracks in them, funny enough they are in the exact same spots. Had them since i bought her. you can see the crack here http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSCN0003.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14889)
top right. Sorry I do not have a clearer picture of them

The cracks are deeper than they look in the photo. It appears that the pervious owner used a epoxy of some sort to repair them but now the cracks are opening up.

I am looking at the manual and it is showing the door trim as a single piece :confused: I was hoping that it was a two piece unit as i was going to order the black trim. But it seems that i will now either have to replace the whole trim or maybe I should just try to ignore them :p

Does anyone else have the same cracks? Or something similar? I am not sure how to go about repairing them to stop the spread.

H

lasturbo
10/25/2009, 11:56 PM
I apologize but I do not see where you are talking about. Mine are beginning to crack at the top area, left of the door lock knobs (both door panels). It looks like a weak point with expansion/contraction of the plastic and/or someone pulling the door panels off from the bottom upwards causing the stress.

VX-157
10/26/2009, 12:33 AM
I apologize but I do not see where you are talking about. Mine are beginning to crack at the top area, left of the door lock knobs (both door panels). It looks like a weak point with expansion/contraction of the plastic and/or someone pulling the door panels off from the bottom upwards causing the stress.

No need to apologize, its hard to see in that photo. I iwll try to get a better picture at a later date.

mine is cracking at the near top right of the door handle , where the red meets the black.

etlsport
10/26/2009, 05:08 AM
yea i cant see where the cracks are either, but on my drivers side door i do have 2 cracks, they both start at the door release handle and run along the carbon fiber trim towards the front of the vx, one starts at the top corner of the handle, the other starts at the bottom corner, my plan for them is going to be to fiberglass it smooth, then just repaint the whole area to a better color anyway

VX-157
10/26/2009, 02:22 PM
yea i cant see where the cracks are either, but on my drivers side door i do have 2 cracks, they both start at the door release handle and run along the carbon fiber trim towards the front of the vx, one starts at the top corner of the handle, the other starts at the bottom corner, my plan for them is going to be to fiberglass it smooth, then just repaint the whole area to a better color anyway

I was thinking of doing something similar to my doors as well. Was going to cover the black with a matt black vinyal or something similar. Hopefully it will not turn out looking like a dog's breakfeast....:bgwo:

circmand
10/26/2009, 04:12 PM
Both interior door trims have cracks in them, funny enough they are in the exact same spots. Had them since i bought her. you can see the crack here http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/DSCN0003.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/14889)
top right. Sorry I do not have a clearer picture of them

The cracks are deeper than they look in the photo. It appears that the pervious owner used a epoxy of some sort to repair them but now the cracks are opening up.

I am looking at the manual and it is showing the door trim as a single piece :confused: I was hoping that it was a two piece unit as i was going to order the black trim. But it seems that i will now either have to replace the whole trim or maybe I should just try to ignore them :p

Does anyone else have the same cracks? Or something similar? I am not sure how to go about repairing them to stop the spread.

H

on the passenger side? I see some discoloring in the top right I only see weatherstripping

MSHardeman
10/26/2009, 04:30 PM
Before you go fixing the interior panels, which seems like it would be a minor deal, you had better get the steering wheel on the correct side because that seems like a MUCH more involved repair.....:laughing:

Dang, I am the FUNNIEST person that I know....

Sorry for the :hj: Just had to do it.