PDA

View Full Version : 140000K service

VX-157
10/18/2009, 04:19 PM
HI all, should i be looking at anything specific with this service? Timing belt was done about 10-15k ago. I may go for a transmission service as i am pretty sure it has not been done.....the transmission still changes smooth so i am not sure if i should.

Cheers

PK
10/18/2009, 06:11 PM
HI all, should i be looking at anything specific with this service? Timing belt was done about 10-15k ago. I may go for a transmission service as i am pretty sure it has not been done.....the transmission still changes smooth so i am not sure if i should.

Cheers

Hi Hetzer, the manual you can download on this site has the correct service intervals for everything.

All you have to do is convert from miles to km's.

Other than that, you are ahead of me in km's, so cannot help.

Regards

PK

VX-157
10/18/2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Hetzer, the manual you can download on this site has the correct service intervals for everything.

All you have to do is convert from miles to km's.

Other than that, you are ahead of me in km's, so cannot help.

Regards

PK

Thanks for your reply mate. I am using the manual as a guide. So far i have planned the following
*transmission service (to my knowledge this has never been serviced, still changes smooth)
*getting the transfercase oil changed. (suggestions on oil to be used?)
*front and rear axel fluid is fine. checked in the last 5k (in fact oil is almost as new!)
*Air cleaner filter is getting changed.
*Coolant is getting changed (coming into summer)
*thinking upon having the front wheel bearings repacked
*Radiator core and air conditioning condenser cleaned and checked.
*Brake lines & hoses, brake pedal play etc going to be checked.
*Suspension and steering been checked (getting a 2inch lift soon)
*Lube body and chassis (i might get this done myself :yesb:)
*Lube rear Propeller shaft (sounds kinky....:p)

I had the timing belt changed at 114k and they adjusted the tappets etc, new sims, cam's came out etc. (that was expensive! 10 hour labour due to them getting wrong shims in.....my mistake on ordering parts:o)

Sprey
10/19/2009, 12:36 AM
Lol ya all ahead of me ! im only at 117000.
I do the usual service every 6 months oil filters etc.

and get the body lubed up and i do the driveshaft my self if the mechanics dont do it.

But yea when i hit prob my next service i might get the tranny and the axel fluids done.

Im the safe as you Hetzer still shifts sweet as.

Good luck on the lift you going with Ome912s?

Ive given the diesease to my m8 everytime we go out we wants to drive my car Lol.

LittleBeast
10/19/2009, 12:30 PM
*transmission service (to my knowledge this has never been serviced, still changes smooth) be very careful and make sure that it is correctly filled back up. It should be topped off when it is barely warm and running and having been run through all of the gears a few times, failure to do this and your tranny will be fried. After having it serviced I would check it yourself to make sure level is correct.
*getting the transfercase oil changed. (suggestions on oil to be used?) This is really easy you should do it yourself.
*front and rear axel fluid is fine. checked in the last 5k (in fact oil is almost as new!)
*Air cleaner filter is getting changed.Same thing here this is cake do it yourself :)
*Coolant is getting changed (coming into summer) Once again this is easy you should do it yourself
*thinking upon having the front wheel bearings repacked hmmm..... this one is messy to do yourself, but doable, I would probably just pay to have it done, or do it yourself and have confidence that you took your time and did it correctly
*Radiator core and air conditioning condenser cleaned and checked.
*Brake lines & hoses, brake pedal play etc going to be checked.
*Suspension and steering been checked (getting a 2inch lift soon) Lift it yourself it is very easy
*Lube body and chassis (i might get this done myself :yesb:)
*Lube rear Propeller shaft (sounds kinky....:p)

See above ^

tom4bren
10/19/2009, 12:43 PM
Here's Kenny's How2 on repacking the bearings.

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=59

Here's Joe Black's How2 on the tranny fluid change.

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=20

Here's Rickshaw's How2 on the rear lift.

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=60

There's a link in that last writeup on adjusting the torsion bars but here it is again (I haven't created a pdf on this yet but I will).

http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm?id=117&Isuzu_Torsion_Bar_Adjustment